Author Topic: Non-Americans, question about NFL football  (Read 21158 times)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Re: Non-Americans, question about NFL football
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »
The Super Bowl is the BIGGEST most POPULAR chamionship game of ANY SPORT IN THE WORLD

wrong.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »
The Super Bowl is the BIGGEST most POPULAR chamionship game of ANY SPORT IN THE WORLD

::)

Ever heard about Mr Olympia?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 08:11:19 AM »
I don't hate football or anything, but it's a shit sport to be so popular. I mean like 99 percent of it audiences couldn't even play a backyard game of it. Atleast with hockey baseball or soccer anyone can play.
sheeit.. i cant play no hockey.. i cant skate.. but i can play football..because i can run and hit

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »
sheeit.. i cant play no hockey.. i cant skate.. but i can play football..because i can run and hit
Well you probaly don't live in the north. People play hockey into there fucking 60's. It's not like football, where even professional rarely play past 22. It's a dreamers sport, where it's all about hype and making it big. There's very little love for actually playing the game. Just watching the dream.

I don't even hate football, it's just american rugby to me, I'd like to play it to be honest but watching it is a fucking waste.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 08:25:27 AM »

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 08:33:03 AM »
American risk everything & fear nothing

or

American risk everything fear for nothing ::)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 08:47:49 AM »
I'm actually anti-war.  

Vietnam and Iraq were big mistakes.  

America does have the most deadly military in the world, but we use surgical strikes against our enemy.  We could carpet bomb Afghanistan and the war over there would be over in a few weeks, but we don't kill innocent people.  It's a needle in a haystack to find the enemy like in the mountains of Afghanistan or the Jungles of Vietnam.

However, when we do find them...

First of all I'm not America hater...I'm not a Muslim.

I just think war sucks.

So you're saying...
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/01/25-tons-of-bombs-wipes-afghan-town-off-the-map/

Check it out some of the comments.

1- Roland Starbuck  [Moderator]   1 week ago

"Hitler may be dead, but his thinking still inspires many of those in this conflict. Discussing Afghanistan with a neighbor, he commented that we need to obliterate it with nuclear weapons, as well as any other country or people that we take a dislike to. I.e.: those who can kill en mass shouldn't limit themselves to talk or coddling.

Hitler had the same idea when he entered the area around Minsk, in western Russia. At first, the Russians welcomed the Germans, hoping they would end Stalin's oppression, but after they saw the Germans kill nearly two and a half million Russian civilians and not once, but repeatedly destroy their towns, often burning them with the people still in them, the Russian people decided that Stalin was not really so bad after all. It meant that instead of Germany winning the war, Stalin did. And, of course, I'm sure the Germans would have told you that no civilians were in those towns either. All those people were Russian soldiers or sympathizers, I'm sure.

Petraeus has taken a new hard line against the towns where the Taliban are hard to remove. Total destruction and killing all who reside there, is preferable to continuing to beat your head against a wall trying to dislodge them. The same goes for all those sanctuaries in Pakistan that he can't reach except with drones.

Does it result in creating more enemies than you can kill? It did for Hitler. Most Americans didn't see the hundreds of thousands of people marching in the streets of Pakistan against the drone killings over Christmas. I don't think that kind of thing makes Fox News. Pakistan is on the verge of siding with the Taliban. One thing that America often does when it is not winning a war is to widen it. Maybe if we widen the War to Pakistan we will feel better. There are lots more people there to kill. Sure, we'll lose a lot more too, but won't it be worth it? "

2- alaskaintelreportdotcom   [Moderator]   2 weeks ago

"Well, Well, Well .. Let me see if I got this right .. Our 'oh so brave' troops and their 50 trillion dollar war machine with the finest collection of mass murder hardware in the world .. attack and flatten some village over there and I'm supposed be 'proud' ?? !!

Boy I'm sure those villagers really appreciated the 'job' we did !

Just like the 1.5 MILLION dead Iraqi Men, Women, and Children we butchered on the basis of lies !! (no doubt enjoying there new found democracy that we brought to them .. the right to die!)

When you cut through the crap and get down to it, we go half way around the world to rape, pillage and plunder countries because .. we can .. and then rationalize it .. and the idiot drones cheer as they watch the carnage.

Amerika's time is coming ! We've got some heavy dues to pay !

There's an old saying .. What goes around, comes around .. and its true.

You can wrap it up in the flag .. seal it with the cross of Christ ..
vote it in by both parties .. but its still genocide!

So the next time I see them dancing and waving there rifles after an I.E.D. blows up some tank or truck with our 'oh so brave' boys, it wont bother me a bit !

This is exactly what we did in 1776 to the English and if I lived over there ..

It's exactly what I would be doing today !

Folks have a 'God given' right to defend themselves, and we better get our heads out of whatever dark, dank, place we've got it and wake up !

Flying 1/2 way around the world to kill a couple million villagers to steal their oil and other natural resources isn't Patriotic ..
It's sick, aggressive, genocide .. motivated by greed .. pure and simple.

Folks will ALWAYS try to defend their freedom with whatever means they have access to. They don't have a choice .. it's their home, not ours !

If we cant ‘bear the pain’ of seeing our sons and daughters ground up in this war of greed, then STOP sending them over there ! .. It’s that simple.

That’s NOT ‘Defending America’ .. It’s Offending God, Justice, Humanity and any one left with a conscience "

Ps: Should we  talk about torture?

GR4C1E J1U-J1TSU
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 08:52:22 AM »
Fuck you terrorist sympathizer!

al-Qaeda drew first blood!

Don't fuck with the USA!

Do you really think the first blood was dropped in 9/11?

Try centuries ago.
Gracie Rules

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
I don't think us Americans will give a shit if you like our sport or not... I don't like Soccer (football) but I don't bash it either.
Do I think the NFL is a racket? Sure. It is also entertainment for the United States. I am sure a lot of European Athletes can only dream about making the money some of these football players make. I am sure when a lot of athletes started playing any kind of sport were doing it because they loved the game, however when money gets involved everyone changes. 

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »

thats no where near the truth..... but im not going to bash nfl as it is a mans sport in every sence

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »

Do you really think the first blood was dropped in 9/11?

Try centuries ago.

Actually it was few decades ago when Americans licked pre-Talibans balls and fed them with cash and weapons.
This took place in Afghanistan when USSR invaded it 1979-1989. Of course americans didn't like it back in Cold war days and supported these today-terrorists.

Great job yankees  :D
USSR killed over million terrorists back in the day and probably would've killed all the remaining without you!
What you left behind you, you find in front of you...(or something like that  ;D )

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »
The day Russia or China mobilize troops against the USA is the day people start pressing the big Red button....everyone knows this and that's why it will never happen.

The Soviet Union collapsed 25 years ago...and yet Russia still exists...people have these pipe dreams that someone is going to blow the US off the map. Not happening

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
The day Russia or China mobilize troops against the USA is the day people start pressing the big Red button....everyone knows this and that's why it will never happen.

The Soviet Union collapsed 25 years ago...and yet Russia still exists...people have these pipe dreams that someone is going to blow the US off the map. Not happening

Of course it's not going to happen. Who has claimed otherwise?

If it could ever happen, it would've happened during Cuban missile crisis (hope you uneducated steroid monsters know about that event).
Back then both countries - USSR and USA - were more close to "push the button" than ever before or ever in future.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 10:09:14 AM »

No need to blow it up, settlers(wetbacks) are doing a quick job of taking over.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
I don't hate football or anything, but it's a shit sport to be so popular. I mean like 99 percent of it audiences couldn't even play a backyard game of it. Atleast with hockey baseball or soccer anyone can play.

i'm an American but i agree 100%
I grew up as a kid playing mostly cricket..but thats a game you can PLAY anywhere.
every street in pakistan has a game of cricket going on the weekends...
Saturdays and Sundays we used to start with 7 to 8 hours of cricket...then move on to field hockey for a few...and then go swimming...and then again play night cricket or sometimes soccer....

99% of NFL "fans" have never played a whole game of football
carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »
i'm an American but i agree 100%
I grew up as a kid playing mostly cricket..but thats a game you can PLAY anywhere.
every street in pakistan has a game of cricket going on the weekends...
Saturdays and Sundays we used to start with 7 to 8 hours of cricket...then move on to field hockey for a few...and then go swimming...and then again play night cricket or sometimes soccer....

99% of NFL "fans" have never played a whole game of football

99%?  Wrong.  You just grew up in a different country, but here in the states almost all guys played football in PE, after school, weekends, etc...at the very least.  Many play HS as well. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
99%?  Wrong.  You just grew up in a different country, but here in the states almost all guys played football in PE, after school, weekends, etc...at the very least.  Many play HS as well. 

this "guy" has no idea what he is talking.. Oh brother he is the type of guy that.. lmao

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
this "guy" has no idea what he is talking.. Oh brother he is the type of guy that.. lmao

haha, I know WTF?  99%? 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
99%?  Wrong.  You just grew up in a different country, but here in the states almost all guys played football in PE, after school, weekends, etc...at the very least.  Many play HS as well.  

football in PE doesn't count( we were sometimes made to play basketball in PE...did ya see me count that?) and you really CANT play football on the weekends...unless you have a field to play in...you cant very well tackle guys playing on the street now can ya?
when i say "play" i mean..at least with cricket...every neighborhood had a team...and almost every night after school...and whole weekends we'd play tournaments against other neighborhoods...
there were serious games where you didn't "baby" your opponent...as i assume you HAVE to in football...i mean in football someone could get seriously hurt...with cricket..only 2 guys are batting so you really only need 2 pairs of safety equipment and everyone shared...
i'm not saying i dislike football (i find it boring cause i didn't grow up with it) ...i just dont see how people can play an all out game of football without equipment..without someone getting seriously hurt :-\

n oh..i'm 34...i STILL play cricket with my friends once a month...how many guys in their 30s can say they get together once a month with their friends and play an all out game of football? its not feasible...unless everyone goes out and buys proper gear....which...umm i dont see that at parks when i go play tennis or cricket
carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
football in PE doesn't count and you really CANT play football on the weekends...unless you have a field to play in...you cant very well tackle guys playing on the street now can ya?
when i say "play" i mean..at least with cricket...every neighborhood had a team...and almost every night after school...and whole weekends we'd play tournaments against other neighborhoods...
there were serious games where you didn't "baby" your opponent...as i assume you HAVE to in football...i mean in football someone could get seriously hurt...with cricket..only 2 guys are batting so you really only need 2 pairs of safety equipment and everyone shared...
i'm not saying i dislike football (i find it boring cause i didn't grow up with it) ...i just dont see how people can play an all out game of football without equipment..without someone getting seriously hurt :-\

I understand, but think of rugby and the no pads.  It certainly didn't keep people from doing some pretty serious hitting even without pads.  As for a field, it only took someones yard, local park, etc... I'm sure some guys played in the street in the hood, like mal, but in the vast majority of the country it wasn't hard to find space at all.  And all you needed was a football, nothing else.  I think that is part of the popularity of it in the US , kinda like soccer in the rest of the world, all you need is a ball and some space.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »
I always played football for recess or in the neighborhood with friends...from first grade to highschool.. so did alot of kids...maybe the nerds and geeks here that were losers in life that need to 'get-big' didn't cause they had no friends but normal kids did...Of course you dont play tackle on concrete...two-hand touch ..DUHHHH
L

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2011, 12:20:41 PM »
I always played football for recess or in the neighborhood with friends...from first grade to highschool.. so did alot of kids...maybe the nerds and geeks here that were losers in life that need to 'get-big' didn't cause they had no friends but normal kids did...Of course you dont play tackle on concrete...two-hand touch ..DUHHHH

Exactly but every once and awhile a tackle was made on concrete ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2011, 12:25:48 PM »
I understand, but think of rugby and the no pads.  

EXACTLY...i always wondered the same about rugby...someone would get hurt ..no?

It certainly didn't keep people from doing some pretty serious hitting even without pads.  As for a field, it only took someones yard, local park, etc... I'm sure some guys played in the street in the hood, like mal, but in the vast majority of the country it wasn't hard to find space at all.  And all you needed was a football, nothing else.  I think that is part of the popularity of it in the US , kinda like soccer in the rest of the world, all you need is a ball and some space.
i guess i had a misconception...back in college some of my white friends would invite me to come play football with them....and i'd go out of curiosity but we would end up just throwing the football back and forth to each other...not much more than that...granted it ws fun just to be out in a huge green field and running around (univ of maryland has some great fields for general use)...but after a while it just got boring...there ws no point to it...i'm gonna assume thats not what happens most of the time...since you say so..that people actually do play a game or so in an organized fashion  :)
carpe` vaginum!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »

Exactly but every once and awhile a tackle was made on concrete ;)
The real hits came when you had to block ...
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »
The real hits came when you had to block ...

you blocked witcha face didntcha?  ;D

.....explains a lot  ;D
carpe` vaginum!