Author Topic: Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Some Texas Schools; 'Language Of The Future'  (Read 1483 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Some Texas Schools; 'Language Of The Future'
cbslocal.com/cbsdfw.com ^ | February 7, 2011 11:03 PM | cbslocal.com/CBSDFW.COM

________________________ _____________________

Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Mansfield

MANSFIELD (CBSDFW.COM) – Some Students at Mansfield ISD schools could soon be learning Arabic as a required language. The school district wants students at select schools to take Arabic language and culture classes as part of a federally funded grant.

The Foreign Language Assistance Program (FLAP) grant was awarded to Mansfield ISD last summer by the U.S. Department of Education.

As part of the five-year $1.3 Million grant, Arabic classes would be mandatory at Cross Timbers Intermediate School and Kenneth Davis Elementary School. The program would also be optional for students at T. A. Howard Middle School and Summit High School.

(Excerpt) Read more at dfw.cbslocal.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
MANSFIELD (CBSDFW.COM) –

Some Students at Mansfield ISD schools could soon be learning Arabic as a required language.  The school district wants students at select schools to take Arabic language and culture classes as part of a federally funded grant.

The Foreign Language Assistance Program (FLAP) grant was awarded to Mansfield ISD last summer by the U.S. Department of Education.

As part of the five-year $1.3 Million grant, Arabic classes would be mandatory at Cross Timbers Intermediate School and Kenneth Davis Elementary School.  The program would also be optional for students at T. A. Howard Middle School and Summit High School.

Parents at Cross Timbers say they were caught off-guard by the program, and were surprised the district only told them about it in a meeting Monday night between parents and Mansfield ISD Superintendent Bob Morrison.

The DOE has identified Arabic as a ‘language of the future.’ But parent Joseph Balson was frustrated by the past.  “Why are we just now finding out about it?” asked Balson.  “It’s them (Mansfield ISD) applying for the grant, getting it approved and them now saying they’ll go back and change it only when they were caught trying to implement this plan without parents knowing about it.”

Trisha Savage thinks it will offer a well-rounded education.  “I think its a great opportunity that will open doors. We need to think globally and act locally.”

Mansfield ISD says in addition to language, the grant provides culture, government, art, traditions and history as part of the curriculum.

Some parents had concerns over religion.  “The school doesn’t teach Christianity, so I don’t want them teaching Islam,” said parent Baron Kane.  During Monday’s meeting Morrison stressed the curriculum would not be about religion, but about Arabic language and culture, similar to Spanish curriculum already in place in the district.

Kheirieh Hannun, was born in the Middle East but raised in the U.S.  She believes giving students the option to learn Arabic will give her son and others like him the option to learn more about their culture.  “It was surprising, but I think it’s okay, and it will help come down on the stereotype.”   Hannun says she is hopeful the class could broaden the minds of not only students, but also parents.

The FLAP grant was awarded to only five school districts across the country, including Mansfield.

________________________ ________________________ _____

Yes, this is why I am in 100000000% support of eliminating the DOE.   I wonder what genius in DC came up with this?   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i don't think it's a big deal, hell we are going to need these kids in the future to infiltrate the system when the muslims take over the country  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i don't think it's a big deal, hell we are going to need these kids in the future to infiltrate the system when the muslims take over the country  ;D

Yeah, some white Texan with a twang and all of a sudden starts speaking in arabaic is really going to fly under the radar and infiltrate the local mosque.    LOL.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i don't know the last time you went to Texas, but i don't think white is the majority color  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i don't know the last time you went to Texas, but i don't think white is the majority color  ;D

Wait - so are we going to try to get illiterate mexicans to learn arabic when they can't even read and write Spanish or English as it is?   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
dont know when the last time you were in Texas but white certainly is the majority color here and ESPECIALLY in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

it was a joke see the grin, but we were in San Antonio that looked like about 50/50

tonymctones

• Getbig V
it was a joke see the grin, but we were in San Antonio that looked like about 50/50
LOL well san antonio is probably close to that and if you go further west into the valley then there are alot more hispanics as well...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Reportedly many schools have abolished dodge ball in favor of a new sport spreading like wildfire across the middle east; "stoning".

In stoning, classmates pick a male and female in the class at random and then chase them around the gymnasium until the coupled is subdued. Next, classmates put the couple is separate potato sacks and tie the sacks to the bleachers of the gym. At this point each member of the class lines up and throws chairs, bottles, dodge balls and anything else they can find laying around at the couples head. Once everyone in the class takes their turn, two new classmates are selected.

This is all part of Barak Hussein Obama's cultural diversity initiative to improve American/ Islamic relations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Reportedly many schools have abolished dodge ball in favor of a new sport spreading like wildfire across the middle east; "stoning".

In stoning, classmates pick a male and female in the class at random and then chase them around the gymnasium until the coupled is subdued. Next, classmates put the couple is separate potato sacks and tie the sacks to the bleachers of the gym. At this point each member of the class lines up and throws chairs, bottles, dodge balls and anything else they can find laying around at the couples head. Once everyone in the class takes their turn, two new classmates are selected.

This is all part of Barak Hussein Obama's cultural diversity initiative to improve American/ Islamic relations.

Holy Shit GW - I think I'm going to need a ride to the ER I am laughing so hard.   

LLLMMMAAAOOOO!!!!!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

when i was in school we had to take french, i don't remember our teacher telling us not to take baths and telling the girls to grow out their armpit hair  ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Mandarin or Cantonese I could understand. Once the world gets off oil the Middle East and Muslims will disappear into the ashes of history. They produce nothing of value, contribute nothing to human advancement and bring nothing but violence, intolerance and hatred to the table. This is nothing more than more placation and kowtowing to Muslims. This initiative will be a massive failure on all fronts.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mandarin or Cantonese I could understand. Once the world gets off oil the Middle East and Muslims will disappear into the ashes of history. They produce nothing of value, contribute nothing to human advancement and bring nothing but violence, intolerance and hatred to the table. This is nothing more than more placation and kowtowing to Muslims. This initiative will be a massive failure on all fronts.

I really would like to know who in Washington DC who is behind this crap.   

Fury

• Getbig V

Definitely not the guy who rubs elbows with Ayers, Evans and other radical Islamonazi sympathizers.  :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
"federal grant"  Great our tax dollars hard at work.  How about we teach the local taco-snatchers to speak f'n english first....idiots.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

it was a grant so most it's almost certain the school applied for it

LOL - at right wingers who are opposed to learning a language..... or is it just learning and education in general that they are opposed to?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
"Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Some Texas Schools; 'Language Of The Future'"

That is because in order to be a Muslim, you must read the Koran in Arabic.  The world is being prepped for Muslim rule.

Fury

• Getbig V
يمارس الجنس مع الإسلام
يمارس الجنس مع الإسلام
يمارس الجنس مع الإسلام

"Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Some Texas Schools; 'Language Of The Future'"

That is because in order to be a Muslim, you must read the Koran in Arabic.  The world is being prepped for Muslim rule.

The funny thing is that the majority of Muslims can't read Arabic, hence relying on their Wahhabi and Salafi extremist preachers to tell them what's in it. And the Koran isn't factual or believable unless it's in Arabic.

The Koran = tool for Arab supremacism.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

LOL - at right wingers who are opposed to learning a language..... or is it just learning and education in general that they are opposed to?

I would rather these kids become proficient at English first.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Parents should have the option and choice to not have their kids in this and be abl to choose other languages.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Parents should have the option and choice to not have their kids in this and be abl to choose other languages.   

i agree if the kids have to learn another languge they should be able to make a  choice from what the school offers

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I really have no problem with it being offered, but it should not be mandatory and like others have said it should just be a choice among other languages....spanish, french, german, etc...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum

Exactly, what possible reason would you need to learn a language of said culture? There is a reason why they don't offer/teach greek anymore.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Exactly, what possible reason would you need to learn a language of said culture? There is a reason why they don't offer/teach greek anymore.

I only know one word in Greek, and it is not a good one at all.    ;D