Author Topic: what diet do you use to get ripped?  (Read 7402 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
what diet do you use to get ripped?
« on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:56 PM »
high carb, low fat
Low carb
Keto
Calories in/calories out (adequate protein)?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: what diet do you use to get ripped?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »
^^ irrelevant to body composition.

what is relevant:

follow the arrows

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:27:28 PM »

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »
 I'm sort of trying to get ripped right now.

I eat less food in general. Lots of times i'll have a pretty light dinner. Sometimes eat only 2 big meals a day with snacks. Consume less calories overall.

I try to go lower on carbs. Less rice and potatoes and all that. I'm eating a lot cleaner.

I up the veggies a lot. Lots of salads and stir frys with veggies and meat.

Most important is the training. Hardcore cardio sessions. I usually bicycle ride for a couple hours. Or do about 30 minutes of jumprope. I depend more on the intense cardio to get me ripped than the diet.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
b

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
One without so much fucking cereal.  ;)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 07:40:35 PM »
high carb, low fat
Low carb
Keto
Calories in/calories out (adequate protein)?

i'll help out.

my calories are about 12.5-13 times my bodyweight (EDIT- this number is wrong due to the fact i added in 40 grams of coconut oil into my diet. im prolly now closer to 15x) i have dieted with 8-10 times calories/ bodyweight usually but i am getting better results with more calories, and no cardio.

starches are about 80 grm only. the rest of the carbs are fiberous- 24oz of brocolli a day, 2 green peppers, and 12 cups spinach. very high in fiber.

fats are very high. about 140 grams a day.

protein is 1.7 times bodyweight.

im gaining size, and leaning out at the same time. this is the first time this has happened. my doses are the lowest they have been in 3 years as well, leading me to believe any gains i am having are entirely dietary based.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »
One without so much fucking cereal.  ;)

you kill that box of reese pieces yet? :D
b

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
you kill that box of reese pieces yet? :D

That night after superbowl I went through half, then last night the other half.  Good thing is Vegas diet basically entails cutting cereal lol

GWAR

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
I'm sort of trying to get ripped right now.

I eat less food in general. Lots of times i'll have a pretty light dinner. Sometimes eat only 2 big meals a day with snacks. Consume less calories overall.

I try to go lower on carbs. Less rice and potatoes and all that. I'm eating a lot cleaner.

I up the veggies a lot. Lots of salads and stir frys with veggies and meat.

Most important is the training. Hardcore cardio sessions. I usually bicycle ride for a couple hours. Or do about 30 minutes of jumprope. I depend more on the intense cardio to get me ripped than the diet.

ectomorphs have no business talking about how to get ripped   ::)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
Eating less. Mostly clean.
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 04:06:42 AM »
What's your percent bodyfat at the moment? Also, how lean do you want to get? FYI, it's possible to lose 2% bodyfat per week if you really try.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11:42 AM »
ectomorphs have no business talking about how to get ripped   ::)

Then mesos have no business talking about how to train/gain muscle

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 04:20:57 AM »
i'll help out.

my calories are about 12.5-13 times my bodyweight (EDIT- this number is wrong due to the fact i added in 40 grams of coconut oil into my diet. im prolly now closer to 15x) i have dieted with 8-10 times calories/ bodyweight usually but i am getting better results with more calories, and no cardio.

starches are about 80 grm only. the rest of the carbs are fiberous- 24oz of brocolli a day, 2 green peppers, and 12 cups spinach. very high in fiber.

im gaining size, and leaning out at the same time. this is the first time this has happened. my doses are the lowest they have been in 3 years as well, leading me to believe any gains i am having are entirely dietary based.
Interesting..what are your stats?

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 04:26:56 AM »
I like the "eat as much and as dirty as you can while still loosing fat fast enough" diet...so I guess it's the last one, calories in/calories out option  ;)

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 04:37:28 AM »
To compliment my previous post...towards the end of the diet I clean my meals quite a lot to get rid of excessive water i usually retain while eating shit...but earlier in diet the high-carb junk keeps me full and going...and ice-cream is the best pre-workout food evah  8)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »
today I ate a pann pizza and 1.5L coke...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
Good posts spude. Do you do any aerobic training while in the process of getting lean?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 05:05:51 AM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 05:06:10 AM »
i'll help out.

post a pic lets see your gayns and leans
A

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 05:32:55 AM »
Good posts spude. Do you do any aerobic training while in the process of getting lean?

Not intentionally...but due to where i live i use quite a lot of public transportation and need to walk like 2-5km every day 'cos of that...usually i try to cut even that "aerobic training" to as little as possible
And ofc, now that I've found myself a nice and hot bed warmer she also helps to keep me in shape 8)
But she's around 5ft tall (or short) and less than half of my weight so that's not too much of a cardiovascular exercise to "prevent my gains"... ;)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 05:33:28 AM »
Interesting..what are your stats?

i am about 8% at 240-242. scale weight doesn't fluctuate that much as long as a i dont carb up, but has increased 3.5 pounds since adding in the coconut oil 10 days ago.

the plan is to keep my dosages low until i get as lean as i am looking for (right now im at 750mg wk sust/ 300mg wk NPP) - the start of april- if i can hold my bodyweight at 240 till then while leaning out that'd be great. then i'll up the boost and run test and tren at 100mg ed, keep this NPP in im using now as i love it, maybe throw in some anadrol and then up the calories slightly to grow into the next two months till the end of may. i have never tried this. it should be interesting. even if i put on 5-7 pounds of lean over that 2 month period i'd be happy.
b

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 05:49:29 AM »
Fuck man! Now I'm even more jealous of you than I normally am ;D You see, I was already jealous bout your 28 inch waist, but now that you got you a little hottie I'm even more jealous, but please just don't tell me that she has a round and firm little bubble butt on her 8)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
Not intentionally...but due to where i live i use quite a lot of public transportation and need to walk like 2-5km every day 'cos of that...usually i try to cut even that "aerobic training" to as little as possible
And ofc, now that I've found myself a nice and hot bed warmer she also helps to keep me in shape 8)
But she's around 5ft tall (or short) and less than half of my weight so that's not too much of a cardiovascular exercise to "prevent my gains"... ;)

pics of her plz, are you kiding me?!?!?... pics  :P

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 06:05:31 AM »
Fuck man! Now I'm even more jealous of you than I normally am ;D You see, I was already jealous bout your 28 inch waist, but now that you got you a little hottie I'm even more jealous, but please just don't tell me that she has a round and firm little bubble butt on her 8)

well...that depends on your standards...she used to be an ice-skater and...let's just say that I'm satisfied with her "lower body composition"  8)