Author Topic: Are companies that move their production overseas traitors?  (Read 4656 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Are companies that move their production overseas traitors?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
I blame people.  Corporations are made up of people, and the government is made up of people and elected by the people.  Consumers are people.  People do the wrong thing and expect others to do the right thing.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »
No more then the greedy union bastardss that made them do it.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 09:55:17 AM »
Business will always move to the cheapest labor cost.  That will continue to be third world countries and third world labor.  There is nothing short of turning America into a third world country that will stop that.  The attitudes of Americans and many westerners today is that most manual labor and minimum wage jobs are stepping stones not careers.  But how many latino immigrants do you see who do those exact jobs well into their later years?  Until Americans and Westerners are prepared to give up the idea that they are above manual and lower paying jobs, we will continue to see jobs being either moved overseas or done by legal/illegal third world migrants. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
Business will always move to the cheapest labor cost.  That will continue to be third world countries and third world labor.  There is nothing short of turning America into a third world country that will stop that.  The attitudes of Americans and many westerners today is that most manual labor and minimum wage jobs are stepping stones not careers.  But how many latino immigrants do you see who do those exact jobs well into their later years?  Until Americans and Westerners are prepared to give up the idea that they are above manual and lower paying jobs, we will continue to see jobs being either moved overseas or done by legal/illegal third world migrants. 

Agreed, and I also blame the education system for that partially to where they try to jam everyone into college whether hey are qualified or not.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »
Agreed, and I also blame the education system for that partially to where they try to jam everyone into college whether hey are qualified or not.   

Exactly. 
Abandon every hope...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »

But...but...but...

EVERYONE should have the 'right' to go to college for 7 years, right?

I still can't believe how many borderline retards there were in college. If you have the mney, you're in. If you don't have the money, the government will give it to you. Maybe that's why there is a 50% failout rate of true freshmen at most state and U of schools.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »
I blame people.  Corporations are made up of people, and the government is made up of people and elected by the people.  Consumers are people.  People do the wrong thing and expect others to do the right thing.

Well, you blame people because you presume that they actually have a voice and a vote within corporations (including the government). Guess what, they don't. Corporations are amongst the most totalitarian institutions known to mankind. 99.99% of all decision making within a corporation takes place in a board by not even 0.5% of the employees.

If you choose to blame 100% of the people on decisions made by not even 0.5% of the employees... be my guest.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »
But...but...but...

EVERYONE should have the 'right' to go to college for 7 years, right?

I still can't believe how many borderline retards there were in college. If you have the mney, you're in. If you don't have the money, the government will give it to you. Maybe that's why there is a 50% failout rate of true freshmen at most state and U of schools.

There was a study released few weeks ago that said roughly 50% of students learn absolutely nothing in their first two years of college and of that 50% roughly 40% learn nothing in all four years or however long it takes them to graduate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »
10 Iconic American Factories That Have Closed In The Past Two Years (And they ain't coming back)
Business Insider ^ | 02/09/2011 | Thornton McEnery

America is on its way to becoming the world's first truly post-industrial nation. Factory jobs have been shed by the thousands and cities that once relied on industry have been shattered.

Of course this trend has been going on for the past forty years or so. Only recently it has been getting worse.

Click here to see the biggest American factory closings of the past 2 years

(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...

November 2008: DHL closes its Wilmington, Oh. distribution facility
December 2008: General Motors closes Janesville, Wisc. Plant
May 2009: Pilgrim’s Pride Foods closes Farmerville, Louisiana facility
September 2009: General Motors shuts down Pontiac, Mich. plant
November 2009: International Paper closes Franklin, Virginia mill
April 2010: Morell & Co. closes Sioux City, Iowa processing plant
April 2010: Toyota closes NUMMI factory in Fremont, CA
June 2010: Whirlpool Closes its Evansville, Ind. factory
July 2010: Chrysler shutters Twinsburg, Oh. plant
November 2010: Dell shuts down factory in Winston-Salem, NC

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
The gov should lower business tax to encourage companies to stay, and new ones to join.

Just Do It

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 05:28:31 AM »
Well, you blame people because you presume that they actually have a voice and a vote within corporations (including the government). Guess what, they don't. Corporations are amongst the most totalitarian institutions known to mankind. 99.99% of all decision making within a corporation takes place in a board by not even 0.5% of the employees.

If you choose to blame 100% of the people on decisions made by not even 0.5% of the employees... be my guest.

Most people today make the wrong decision most of the time.  That is what economists found out the hard way with the collapse of the housing market.  It wasn't 0.5% of people making bad decisions, but it was most people, from the home buyer to the banks to the government.  Same thing with outsourcing.   Most people will not pay more to take jobs back to America.

And again, corporations and government are made up of people just like you, just like anybody.  Look a George Lucas, a liberal who hated corporations, then became a large and powerful corporation himself.  Look at Arnold, an immigrant who went from nothing to becoming governor of the eighth largest economy in the world.

And by the way, consumers do have a voice and they do have the power, if only they would use it.

"Dell decided to stop routing tech support calls for some of its corporate products to India after complaints from their business customers. At the time, a Dell spokesperson said that the company's customers were telling them that they "didn't like the level of support they were getting" from its Indian call center."

"AT&T decides to bring broadband call center back onshore"

"Other companies are rethinking their offshore call centers as well. In June, Apple cancelled plans for a large call center in Bangalore, deciding instead to keep the operations in the US."

"Companies which value cost-control above all else may be inclined to keep their call centers in india. But if customers complain about a lack of competency and poor support, some companies will likely reevaluate their strategies."

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2006/09/7826.ars