Author Topic: Do you enjoy life?  (Read 8650 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Do you enjoy life?
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »
How do you know that you have only 1 life to live? Is that scientifically proven?

You make a good point.  I guess i should repharse

One life to live (that we know of :-D) so why risk not enjoying yourself this time around only to find out you're not getting a second chance!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
You make a good point.  I guess i should repharse

One life to live (that we know of :-D) so why risk not enjoying yourself this time around only to find out you're not getting a second chance!

To be fair you cant simply turn on or off enjoying life.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »

No you can't - shit happens....

But you can change your outlook, not stress about things, change the way you deal with shit when it happens, and take it one step at a time!

But then again, tell that to starving kids in africa and they'll probably kick you in the nuts!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »

So you can't tell a kid who's been raped and abused to simply choose to enjoy life, because it's just that easy and only a matter of choice?

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2011, 11:11:40 PM »
Good looking out brother man!  8)

I'm here to help... :)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:22 AM »
True.

Every once in a while, you have to "reset" yourself if stress and pressure get too much and laugh it all off.

What bothers me at times is that we all basically only want to have fun and be around friendly people, but when you step outside the door, everyone is in a bad mood.
Just having a smile on your face and some nice words for people makes such a big difference, but people just can't do it. (myself included most of the times).

Gayer than being in "bad mood" because youre "dieting for a show" and trying to catch up your next "meal" of "chicken and rice", then complain how life "sucks".  (::))

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:57 AM »
 ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:56 AM »
True.

Every once in a while, you have to "reset" yourself if stress and pressure get too much and laugh it all off.

What bothers me at times is that we all basically only want to have fun and be around friendly people, but when you step outside the door, everyone is in a bad mood.
Just having a smile on your face and some nice words for people makes such a big difference, but people just can't do it. (myself included most of the times).

Spot on.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 06:58:16 AM »
Yes.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 07:32:30 AM »
Haider, there's a difference between organized religion and actually trying to follow the word.

This is very true.   Organized religion and a personal relationship with Christ can be two very different things and they can also be completely connected.  Many, many people regularly attending mass at St. Mary Magadelene's Catholic Church or services at Pastor Bubba's Big Biblin' Baptist Church on Sundays have no concept of faith or salvation in Christ.  Unfortunately those that stay up drinking until 3AM on Saturday nights and then arrive hung over to church on Sunday mornings often become symbols of the body of Christ for everyone else. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »
I can pretty much guarantee anybody posting on getbig (the fact alone that you are able to post here is evidence enough that you should ... I like to repeat that since I feel it vaguely important....
Should enjoy life.
If you make a quick calculation in your head how astronomical small the chances are that you are born in the western world - you should feel greatful for that fact alone.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2011, 08:09:24 AM »
I'm healthy, clever, I can do anything I want if I just put my time and effort into it, but there is not ONE night I don't wake up once or twice before the alarm clock goes off. There is not one day I dont' have butterflys in my stomac because I think about my life. I have the most akward and weird dreams ever reflecting my depression.

Sure... if I got into a car crash and lost my limbs, then i would realise that my life was a dream.. LOL, it tells alot when I have to compare my life to the most horrible life there can be.

Sure... I enjoy life, I mean, better than being in prison, paralised or having some terrible deciase, right... better than getting stoned, whipped and sliced, right...

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »
I'm healthy, clever, I can do anything I want if I just put my time and effort into it, but there is not ONE night I don't wake up once or twice before the alarm clock goes off. There is not one day I dont' have butterflys in my stomac because I think about my life. I have the most akward and weird dreams ever reflecting my depression.

Sure... if I got into a car crash and lost my limbs, then i would realise that my life was a dream.. LOL, it tells alot when I have to compare my life to the most horrible life there can be.

Sure... I enjoy life, I mean, better than being in prison, paralised or having some terrible deciase, right... better than getting stoned, whipped and sliced, right...

Listen very very closely my friend, cause that fits a 100 % to your life and the lives of million young men of your (our) generation. It might sound macabre, but we urgently need a new fucking World War to stir shit up again on that planet. Our grandparents had a fucking Mission: Fight and survive a World War; Our parents had a fucking mission: Rebuilt shit after World War;

We have no mission; we're aimlessly drifting around that planet in prosperity, no matter if we work or not, what we do or not, we got all we need and live very well anyway. That's why a lotta people are losing any ambition and drive in their lives.

Try to define a goal where you wanna get in life as soon as possible, and work your ass off every single day to get there, or otherwise you're gonna lose yourself completely like Swede any many others, with no chance of a future in society.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »
I can pretty much guarantee anybody posting on getbig (the fact alone that you are able to post here is evidence enough that you should ... I like to repeat that since I feel it vaguely important....
Should enjoy life.
If you make a quick calculation in your head how astronomical small the chances are that you are born in the western world - you should feel greatful for that fact alone.

Load of horseshit, if you got mental health problems you'd either be dead or better funticional in the third world. Atleast in high breeder population as you'd have a better social network(isolation etc major issues in the west) or just be dead.

This shit is suck a fucking cliche, and just a cop out for people not even to acknowledge other peoples problems.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:26 AM »
Load of horseshit, if you got mental health problems you'd either be dead or better funticional in the third world. Atleast in high breeder population as you'd have a better social network(isolation etc major issues in the west) or just be dead.

This shit is suck a fucking cliche, and just a cop out for people not even to acknowledge other peoples problems.
Epic "woe is me" post.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2011, 09:08:33 AM »
otherwise you're gonna lose yourself completely like Swede any many others
LMAO

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
Epic "woe is me" post.
I'm not even directly referring to me, I'm on the borderline between fucked and functional.
There are alot of people that got hard fucking lives regardless of where they live.

It's just unimaginable to some people that some problems are completely independent of money.

It's so fucking childish, people that think this have no understanding of what others live through.

I.E. do you think being molested in the third world is any different than it is in the first world.

In reality is the only difference is that the odds are much lower because the ped to child ratio is so different. Simply because there are alot more old people in the first world than children.

That's ignoring other bullshit.

In my personal situation I lived on my own for 5 years, have recently just moved in with my parents again, and can see a vast improvement in my health. However I will be leaving in the next few months because being close to ones family is taboo in the west.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
I'm not even directly referring to me, I'm on the borderline between fucked and functional.
There are alot of people that got hard fucking lives regardless of where they live.

It's just unimaginable to some people that some problems are completely independent of money.

It's so fucking childish, people that think this have no understanding of what others live through.

I.E. do you think being molested in the third world is any different than it is in the first world.

In reality is the only difference is that the odds are much lower because the ped to child ratio is so different. Simply because there are alot more old people in the first world than children.

That's ignoring other bullshit.

In my personal situation I lived on my own for 5 years, have recently just moved in with my parents again, and can see a vast improvement in my health. However I will be leaving in the next few months because being close to ones family is taboo in the west.

Honestly, it depends on the family.  My sister suffered a tragedy a couple years back and came to live with my folks again and just recently stepped back out on her own again....things do happen.  All of my immediate family members are within 1 hours drive or less of each other.  My wife's family all lives here in town with exception of one sister and one uncle/aunt.  Family is a blessing and should always be considered as such.  Stress, money, job, people, the world, etc....have all trampled me in at some point in my life.  The moment I surrendered everything to Christ my world has improved like never before.  Now, all the same problems are there, but my renewed strength in Christ makes all the same situations amazingly easier to contend with.

"He never promised that the cross would not be heavy.
That the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered our victories without fighting
But he said help would always come in time.
Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision
And the adversary says, "Give in!"  Just hold on.
Cause our Lord will show up!!
And he will take you through the fire again."

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

This is the best comfort and advise I can provide.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
It goes both ways with me. Sometimes I'm really happy and I'm happy I never miss the little things in life. Other times I contemplate suicide because I can't take the shit anymore. But somehow I'm still here and I carry on...

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
But on average living in a third world country makes little fucking difference, sure some places are war torn, but in the west the absence of family can't be ignored. Overall it don't matter where the fuck you live life is equal amounts shitty.

Mental health, and physical health are big obstacles.

What pisses me off about mental health is how it's dismissed. People just don't fucking get it, with the most simple examples.

I can't get a hard on. Ocassionally I can but I have to imagine the most wierd scenarios to even enjoy it. I litterally have to convince my mind that either I'm paying for it in the fantasy, it's the end of the world and I am in fact the last man on earth, or some other bizarre scenario, and I keep myself removed from feelings of guilt inside my head which is the other battle.  Either I ain't good enough for a chick, she's too old, I'm too old for her etc. Every time I get my head past one issue it's something else.

Any sane person reading this will go with the stock "your fucked" and not realize my other problems are directly connected.

I mean how would you dress if even in your dreams chicks wanted nothing to do with you.

You can call me a whinny bitch all you want at some point you gotta acknowledge that there is no simple answer, no one stop solutions and I'd be fine, I got a lot of shit in my head, and there is almost no meaningful answers.

That being said I am positive and I keep trying to find new schemes of how to fix shit, but it rarely last a few hours until I'm back to total disfunction. But at the end of the day my ability to manipulate my own mind is very limited.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »
But on average living in a third world country makes little fucking difference, sure some places are war torn, but in the west the absence of family can't be ignored. Overall it don't matter where the fuck you live life is equal amounts shitty.

What pisses me off about mental health is how it's dismissed. People just don't fucking get it, with the most simple examples.

I can't get a hard on. Ocassionally I can but I have to imagine the most wierd scenarios to even enjoy it. I litterally have to convince my mind that either I'm paying for it in the fantasy, it's the end of the world and I am in fact the last man on earth, or some other bizarre scenario, and I keep myself removed from feelings of guilt inside my head which is the other battle.  Either I ain't good enough for a chick, she's too old, I'm too old for her etc. Every time I get my head past one issue it's something else.

Any sane person reading this will go with the stock "your fucked" and not realize my other problems are directly connected.

I mean how would you dress if even in your dreams chicks wanted nothing to do with you.

You can call me a whinny bitch all you want at some point you gotta acknowledge that there is no simple answer, no one stop solutions and I'd be fine, I got a lot of shit in my head, and there is almost no meaningful answers.

That being said I am positive and I keep trying to find new schemes of how to fix shit, but it rarely last a few hours until I'm back to total disfunction. But at the end of the day my ability to manipulate my own mind is very limited.

How many third world countries have you lived in?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »

you are an idiot, grow a fucking pair, be a man and go fucking live your life instead of being a whining fagg bitch ::)
Thunderdome approved

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
Listen very very closely my friend, cause that fits a 100 % to your life and the lives of million young men of your (our) generation. It might sound macabre, but we urgently need a new fucking World War to stir shit up again on that planet. Our grandparents had a fucking Mission: Fight and survive a World War; Our parents had a fucking mission: Rebuilt shit after World War;

We have no mission; we're aimlessly drifting around that planet in prosperity, no matter if we work or not, what we do or not, we got all we need and live very well anyway. That's why a lotta people are losing any ambition and drive in their lives.

Try to define a goal where you wanna get in life as soon as possible, and work your ass off every single day to get there, or otherwise you're gonna lose yourself completely like Swede any many others, with no chance of a future in society.

This hits home more than anything Ive ever read.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
you are an idiot, grow a fucking pair, be a man and go fucking live your life instead of being a whining fagg bitch ::)
You shitheads have no good dam clue, the best you can do is cite a hollywood movie.

For fucks sake, get real. What the fuck is this suppose to mean. Am I suppose to go rape a bitch just to say my head ain't the problem.

The people that suck it up and be a man 9/10 tend to be the kind of men that bit the shit out of their wives and children.

Oh yeah shockwave, your one to speak you spend years addicted to drugs, that's the defintion of causing your own god dam problems.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »
How many third world countries have you lived in?
None but know enough people from third world countries who have the same type of fucking problems both rich and poor alike.