Author Topic: Egypt And The Success Of Obama's Reasoned Approach  (Read 73902 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Egypt And The Success Of Obama's Reasoned Approach
« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2013, 06:56:42 AM »
you're amazing........they had the first free elections ever and the gov't they have now is democratically elected.....its not a perfect gov't...but the people put them there

Whatever - believe what you want tool 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2013, 06:57:18 AM »
We gave them BILLIONS of dollars so far. 

we've always given BILLIONS to the Epyptian gov't......if not, the country would collapse..we've been doing this since Anwar Sadat

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »
Whatever - believe what you want tool 

unlike you, its not what I believe..its actually fact

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #403 on: July 03, 2013, 06:59:24 AM »
So lets entertain that the idea for a moment that Obama did not directly support the Muslim Brotherhood.  What is Obama suppose to do about their rise to power in Egypt.  Completely cut off funding?   Andre, do you think the elections were on the up and up?  
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »
So lets entertain that the idea for a moment that Obama did not directly support the Muslim Brotherhood.  What is Obama suppose to do about their rise to power in Egypt.  Completely cut off funding?   Andre, do you think the elections were on the up and up?  

I think they were done as well as they could have been.,.....at least no one has accused the U.S. of tampering with the results, and then blaming us for the situation.....thats a good thing.....our job right now is to work with the muslim gov't to steer them in a more positive and moderate direction which is what we do any time a radical gov't is elected anywhere....also notice how millions of people have demonstrated in the past few days and there has been no mass slaughter....this proves that Egypt is making the transition to a true democracy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:23 AM »
I think they were done as well as they could have been.,.....at least no one has accused the U.S. of tampering with the results, and then blaming us for the situation.....thats a good thing.....our job right now is to work with the muslim gov't to steer them in a more positive and moderate direction which is what we do any time a radical gov't is elected anywhere....also notice how millions of people have demonstrated in the past few days and there has been no mass slaughter....this proves that Egypt is making the transition to a true democracy

False - the people there now detest Obama and feel he is supporting terrorism and the rise of Islamism

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #406 on: July 03, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »

I wish I could share your optimism on the state of Egypt and its chances at a legitimate democracy but I cannot.  In my opinion, old ways are to entrenched.  
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: July 03, 2013, 07:48:54 AM »
Egyptian Military Takes over Egypt's TV
CTV News ^  | July 3, 20013 | Jeff Head

Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:36:02 AM by Jeff Head

Latest Egypt News: July 3, 2013 10:00 AM EDT

Egyptian Military Occupies TV Stations

10:05 EDT
 CAIRO, Egypt -- Egypt's military moved to tighten its control on key institutions Wednesday, even putting officers in the newsroom of state TV, in preparation for an almost certain push to remove the country's Islamist president when an afternoon ultimatum expires.

Mohammed Morsi has vowed not to step down in the face of millions of protesters in the streets in the biggest anti-government rallies the country has seen.

His Islamist supporters have vowed to resist what they call a coup against democracy, and have also taken to the streets by the tens of thousands. At least 39 people have been killed in clashes since Sunday, raising fears the crisis could further explode into violence

The clock was ticking on the military's deadline, expiring around 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. (11 a.m. ET).

The military beefed up its presence inside the mammoth headquarters of state television on the banks of the Nile River in central Cairo. Crack troops were deployed in news-production areas. Officers from the army's media department moved inside the newsroom and were monitoring output, though not yet interfering, staffers said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the arrangements.

The state TV is run by the information minister, a Muslim Brotherhood member put in the post by Morsi, and its coverage had largely been in favour of the government. But already in the past two days, the coverage saw a marked shift, with more balanced reporting showing the anti-Morsi protests along with pro-Morsi ones. State radio has seen a similar shift.

The authoritative, state-run Al-Ahram newspaper -- which also seemed to be following a military line -- reported that the military had placed several leaders of Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood under surveillance and issued a foreign travel ban on the Islamist group's top leaders.

The head of the army, Defence Minsiter Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, held a group meeting with leading reform advocate Mohammed ElBaradei, Egypt's top Muslim cleric -- Al-Azhar Sheik Ahmed el-Tayeb -- and Coptic Pope Tawadros II to discuss its political road map, a spokesman for the senior opposition National Democratic Front, Khaled Daoud, said on state TV.

Also attending the meeting were a representative of the new youth movement behind this week's protests and some members of the ultraconservative Salafi movements, a defence ministry official told The Associated Press. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

It appears that the Egyptian military is preparing to take down Morsi.
The Egyptian military has been very smart in how they have done things. 1st, last Thursday, they announced they were moving troops into the vicinity of all the major cities but would take no action unless there were massive civil violence. Morsi thought they were doing so to help support his government...but it became apparent that the troops were actually there to prepare for Morsi's deposing when, on Monday, after reveiwing the size of the protests, the military issued an ultimatum to Morsi to step down...with troops already deployed across the country to enforce it.

Now, in the face of Morsi's refusal, the military is occupying the State run TV and newspaper, and is meeting with all of the opposition, the leading reform advocate Mohammed El Baradei, Egypt's top Muslim cleric, the Coptic Christian Pope, the leader of the new youth movement behind Sunday's protests and members of the conservative Salafi movement. Clearly, a coalition that will help the nation be governed in the absence of Morsi and the Musilm Brotherhood.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #409 on: July 03, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »
HEY BENNY...how's that Obama supporting Morsi thing working out for ya? lol

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »

Just got off the phone with Egyptian IFBB Pro Tarek ElSetouhi...  As soon as he's done with this schmoe he will take over the Military taking over the TV station to take over the country!  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2013, 10:52:52 AM »
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/03/19261466-supporters-of-egyptian-president-say-military-coup-is-underway?lite

Military Coup underway. 

Great job Obama and Benny and Andre you morons - never put in charge a ghetto street pimp to do a mans' job

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
My major disagreement is with the idea that stability by whatever means will eventually lead to democracy.  That the people will demand freedom and equality as if it is innate desire shared by all human beings.  This is a naive and ethnocentric world view which is unfortunately shared by both the left and the right and has been proven to be false over and over again.  What the majority of people desire is the Middle East is not democracy.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: July 03, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

James

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: July 03, 2013, 04:09:41 PM »
My major disagreement is with the idea that stability by whatever means will eventually lead to democracy.  That the people will demand freedom and equality as if it is innate desire shared by all human beings.  This is a naive and ethnocentric world view which is unfortunately shared by both the left and the right and has been proven to be false over and over again.  What the majority of people desire is the Middle East is not democracy.

I think the problem is that the people in the middle east do want democracy but don't understand how it works in reality..they are politically immature and not used to debate or seeing the other guys point of view....they have no history with democracy and they feel the group in powere will just settle old scores...but thats not Obama's fault....again blame Mubarak for not doing any kind of reform or preparing his people for democracy

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: July 03, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »
HEY BENNY...how's that Obama supporting Morsi thing working out for ya? lol

Obama supported the [process...not Morsi....its amazing that I have to explain this to you guys.....but I suspect you know this already but need to continue your bizarre anti-Obama rants

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: July 03, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »
I guess all those millions of people who went to the polls, had a choice for the first time, and voted for Morsi were an illusion?????

I know you like to fight with me to prove to 3333 that you're on his side but dude.....sober up

As usual, you're fucking clueless.

Morsi was a blip in every poll.  But he was backed by MB.

Then, miraculously, he won the election.  ::)

Then, he gave him self practically unlimited power and suspended judicial review.

Only after threat was that decree retracted but ALL of this policies implemented during the dictatorial period were to remain in effect.

And now the military may have even pounded him

Yeah...that's some 'democratic' process.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2013, 10:09:47 PM »

As usual, you're fucking clueless.

Morsi was a blip in every poll.  But he was backed by MB.

Then, miraculously, he won the election.  ::)

Then, he gave him self practically unlimited power and suspended judicial review.

Only after threat was that decree retracted but ALL of this policies implemented during the dictatorial period were to remain in effect.

And now the military may have even pounded him

Yeah...that's some 'democratic' process.

as usual you are making yourself look like an idiot by picking a fight with me without actually reading what was written....you need to stop jumping into the middle of threads to lick 3333's balls..

Obama supported the democratic elections...he did not want Morsi in power..no one did....and it was hoped that Morsi wouldn't abuse his power once elected..he did unfortunately...I guess you blame Bush for Hamas abusing their power as well???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »
as usual you are making yourself look like an idiot by picking a fight with me without actually reading what was written....you need to stop jumping into the middle of threads to lick 3333's balls..

Obama supported the democratic elections...he did not want Morsi in power..no one did....and it was hoped that Morsi wouldn't abuse his power once elected..he did unfortunately...I guess you blame Bush for Hamas abusing their power as well???

Lol!!!!  Everyone w a clue knew the MB was coming n. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #423 on: July 04, 2013, 12:15:00 AM »
Obama supported the [process...not Morsi....its amazing that I have to explain this to you guys.....but I suspect you know this already but need to continue your bizarre anti-Obama rants

Holy shit you're dense. Obama and I think Kerry just gave them billions on two separate occasions. Your boy is a traitor and terrorist sympathizer. This is a fact, son!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V