Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 39763 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
Occasionally some clueless guys get quite big. A mystery but it happens. Many who get big cannot articulate a theory of hypertrophy.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Occasionally some clueless guys get quite big. A mystery but it happens. Many who get big cannot articulate a theory of hypertrophy.

I've articulated my theory many times :

Genetics trump all....train hard, give it 100% in the gym and allow ample time for recuperation...what "training protocol" you employ is really academic.

Your muscles will grow if you are pre-disposed to being muscular. If not.......well  :P

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »

There's a guy in my gym who call "sets" to the number of "reps". The dumbass says "i'm going to do 5 reps of 10 sets", I can guarantee you he's no joking, but the guy has a decent build. Well, bodybuilding is not rocket science, like groink says, some people just have it, and some people just don't have it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
I've articulated my theory many times :

Genetics trump all....train hard, give it 100% in the gym and allow ample time for recuperation...what "training protocol" you employ is really academic.

Your muscles will grow if you are pre-disposed to being muscular. If not.......well  :P

What kind of theory is that? No detail at all. What we need is a theory that will make everyone grow. You sound like a natural gainer so didn't have to think much about what to do.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
What kind of theory is that? No detail at all. What we need is a theory that will make everyone grow. You sound like a natural gainer so didn't have to think much about what to do.

You want to know something really interesting Basile? My buddy had a conversation with Samir Bannout and asked him what he thought of Mike Mentzer's training philosophy. Samir's response? "Mike's stuff works 100 percent".

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
Ray Mentzer stayed at my place for several months. We got to learn about Heavy Duty and how to do it right. Some gained and some didn't. Seemed to me somewhat dangerous as strength increases.

I ended up having to do way more maximum sets. Doug Hepburn from Vancouver discovered the need for many maximum sets. HD isn't the right theory or method. It works for a time but can't sustain growth in most individuals. If that system worked everyone would be training like that.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »

IS THIS REAL???

tyhis MUST be  troll

IT MUST BEEE!!!!

Masrster OUT----->

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »
i keep getting huger

ALL TIME  ;D

;)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
I swear some of of the biggest trolls I've ever seen are having a riot in this thread.
from incomplete data

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »
I swear some of of the biggest trolls I've ever seen are having a riot in this thread.

huge in 2 week

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2011, 03:42:40 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2011, 04:04:08 AM »
From what I get out of Vince's statements here on this thread, his theroy of hyperthropy is a hybrid of GVT (German Volume Training) and HIT (High Intensity Training) basically something like 10 working sets of the same exercise with the same weight will all sets taken til failure to be performed every 3rd day. Also, it seems to be with higher reps per set, say from 15 to 25.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2011, 04:32:40 AM »
Do what worked for decades, Key to training success!

Your post sounds like something an old man or hipster would cook up

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2011, 04:44:29 AM »
From what I get out of Vince's statements here on this thread, his theroy of hyperthropy is a hybrid of GVT (German Volume Training) and HIT (High Intensity Training) basically something like 10 working sets of the same exercise with the same weight will all sets taken til failure to be performed every 3rd day. Also, it seems to be with higher reps per set, say from 15 to 25.

No, my method is definitely not HIT. If you think logically about training you have to ask why should a muscle grow from what do? When you can answer that you will understand the problem. The vast majority of trainees never get huge.

You have to do something extraordinary each and every workout to grow rapidly. This sounds simply but is hardly easy.

5 or 6 sets with the maximum resistance usually is sufficient. 10 to 15 reps should be fine.

mrt

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2011, 04:49:21 AM »
damn this is some encouraging news

bmwahahahahaha love the sarcasm brah

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
Ok Vince, so do you recomend performing each and every one of the 5 or 6 sets to positive muscular failure? When I say "positive muscular failure" I mean reaching the point within the set where no more positive reps are possible.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
Having Basile for once state his true belief in training methods is about as likely as Alex23 stepping up on a stage in a thong.
from incomplete data

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »
some great tips on here,,, cant wait to tell all the big armed dudes to stop doing pressdowns, wish id of known me self, waisted the past decade doing them, should have knew to stop them at 17 1/2 "

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »
There is about as much secrets/special methods in training as there is in becoming a genius at math or chess or writing sonatas at five years old, that is to say zero secrets. Train very hard, eat enough good food, get proper rest. Everything else is genetics, after you have been doing this for a certain ammount of time you will plateau and then drugs come in to play.

Just train the way that feels right for you and your body, not someone elses.

I train extremely frequently because that's how i like to train, it works best for me because i recover very quickly. Would i tell everyone to train like that? No...A lot of people get burnout and feel that training less frequently works, great if it works for you then that is your path.

Stop looking for the holy grail and go out and fucking kill yourself training would be my advice to anyone starting out, and if what you are doing isn't working, listen to your body and adjust it until it does work.
Trans Milkshake.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
It is quite amazing how so many think like Jaime but his advice amounts to zero information. How is one to know what feels right? What is proper rest? What is hard training? What is this crap about finding what works for you? That is nothing more than long term trial and error, the exact opposite of what we are trying to find. What are we supposed to listen to in our bodies about poor results?

For an intelligently written post the advice is empty. That is the opposite of science.

Some exercises are more effective than others. Not just for one person but for everyone. Use the effective, but safe exercises. Don't do deadlifts. Consider machine training and give up the silly free weights. Try to stimulate growth instead of doing what knuckleheads do.

Lovemonkey is typical of Getbiggers who have no clue about how to appreciate a new training theory. That is okay because he wasn't going to accept anything different and will continue getting meagre or no results from what he does just like so many others out there.

The key feedback mechanism is DOMS. If you train hard and are not sore for a few days afterwards you didn't train right. Go back and do something different. That is what guides your training. If you do the protocols as I suggest and get very sore you will grow rapidly. Keep the muscle sore by training every third day. Make sure you do several warm up sets with higher reps to avoid injuries. Eat enough so that you weigh a bit more before you train again. If you don't weigh more then don't train. Target one or two muscles. You cannot get your whole body sore. I don't recommend doing that. Just forget about doing so many body parts.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »
It is quite amazing how so many think like Jaime but his advice amounts to zero information. How is one to know what feels right? What is proper rest? What is hard training? What is this crap about finding what works for you? That is nothing more than long term trial and error, the exact opposite of what we are trying to find. What are we supposed to listen to in our bodies about poor results?

For an intelligently written post the advice is empty. That is the opposite of science.

Some exercises are more effective than others. Not just for one person but for everyone. Use the effective, but safe exercises. Don't do deadlifts. Consider machine training and give up the silly free weights. Try to stimulate growth instead of doing what knuckleheads do.

Lovemonkey is typical of Getbiggers who have no clue about how to appreciate a new training theory. That is okay because he wasn't going to accept anything different and will continue getting meagre or no results from what he does just like so many others out there.

The key feedback mechanism is DOMS. If you train hard and are not sore for a few days afterwards you didn't train right. Go back and do something different. That is what guides your training. If you do the protocols as I suggest and get very sore you will grow rapidly. Keep the muscle sore by training every third day. Make sure you do several warm up sets with higher reps to avoid injuries. Eat enough so that you weigh a bit more before you train again. If you don't weigh more then don't train. Target one or two muscles. You cannot get your whole body sore. I don't recommend doing that. Just forget about doing so many body parts.

There isn't a training regime that would suit everyone as everbody responds differently, hence you finding out what you respond best to.

Trans Milkshake.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »

There isn't a training regime that would suit everyone as everbody responds differently, hence you finding out what you respond best to.

What typical bullshit you guys believe. Knucklehead soup is what your brains are. If what you say is true then stop arguing about training. Just find what works for you and good luck.

Most guys here have no clue at all about hypertrophy theory. None. Zip. Zero. A total waste of time to relate to these pumpkinheads.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
What typical bullshit you guys believe. Knucklehead soup is what your brains are. If what you say is true then stop arguing about training. Just find what works for you and good luck.

Most guys here have no clue at all about hypertrophy theory. None. Zip. Zero. A total waste of time to relate to these pumpkinheads.

I don't see what you are arguing about Vince. There is a huge genetic variance in the response to all of the different factors involved in bodybuilding.

I train by feel, i do what feels best for my body. No need for theorycraft.
Trans Milkshake.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

I don't see what you are arguing about Vince. There is a huge genetic variance in the response to all of the different factors involved in bodybuilding.

I train by feel, i do what feels best for my body. No need for theorycraft.

Good for you. That is not science. Guess you don't comprehend what this thread is all about. That is why I get frustrated with the flotsam. I keep hoping but again.......

We know almost nothing about hypertrophy and genetics yet every knucklehead uses this excuse. What is your genetic endowment re muscle size? How would you know?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »