Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 39752 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:43 PM »
my friends, they key to making progress every workout, to getting as big as possible, as strong as possible, is to never EVER cause significant muscle damage. this means staying at least 2-3 reps shy of failure on EVERY set. even when youve already done several heavy sets and you would hit failure by doing 3-5 reps , you need to stop at 1-3 reps (just an example). never ever cause muscle damage.  when you damage the muscle, your body has to repair that damage, and cant focus on building new muscle tissue. strength POTENTIAL and muscle size are directly correlated.  the more muscle you have the moe weight you can lift. the more glycogen and water you have in the muscle the more rep capacity you have. if you want to get big and strong, you need to lift heavy heavy heavy. good form. stimulate the muscle to add new muscle cells so you can lift more weight. BUT STAY AWAY FROM FAILURE. you can add some extra size by throwing in higher reps, but only to a degree. you cant add any significant muscle tissue without progressive overload, all you do by increasing reps is increase stamina/rep capacity/glycogen/water levels.

discuss

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »
I want to believe, I really do.

But I don't, sorry.

More test = more muscle.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

More test = more muscle.

agreed..although it didnt work for the person that started this thread...must be a non responder to test  :P
DAWG

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
damn this is some encouraging news
A

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
agreed..although it didnt work for the person that started this thread...must be a non responder to test  :P

where did you copy and paste this from

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »

ha ha

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 03:46:30 PM »

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
my friends, they key to making progress every workout, to getting as big as possible, as strong as possible, is to never EVER cause significant muscle damage. this means staying at least 2-3 reps shy of failure on EVERY set. even when youve already done several heavy sets and you would hit failure by doing 3-5 reps , you need to stop at 1-3 reps (just an example). never ever cause muscle damage.  when you damage the muscle, your body has to repair that damage, and cant focus on building new muscle tissue. strength POTENTIAL and muscle size are directly correlated.  the more muscle you have the moe weight you can lift. the more glycogen and water you have in the muscle the more rep capacity you have. if you want to get big and strong, you need to lift heavy heavy heavy. good form. stimulate the muscle to add new muscle cells so you can lift more weight. BUT STAY AWAY FROM FAILURE. you can add some extra size by throwing in higher reps, but only to a degree. you cant add any significant muscle tissue without progressive overload, all you do by increasing reps is increase stamina/rep capacity/glycogen/water levels.

discuss

Absolute nonsense.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
Please, keep your training epiphany to yourself. You keep saying to avoid failure at all costs yet you have no real logic as to why one should.

SHOULDERS

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
what kind of gains have you made? you've lost all the fat and been training and gearing for quite a while dude. has this stuff worked for you. would be interested what you've accomplished man.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
Well, you are spot on with the statement that PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD is the key, but the question is how to make it happen. So if one doesn't train to failure how does one know for certain to increase one's training weights? Is it only by feeling that one is ready to increase the training load? I don't know man, but in my opinion one of the components of training til failure is to allow one to know that they are indeed ready to increase their training load. For example if one does 6 to 8 reps per set and they find that they can do 10 reps with a given weight then that's a "signal" for them to increase their training weight.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
Well, you are spot on with the statement that PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD is the key, but the question is how to make it happen. So if one doesn't train to failure how does one know for certain to increase one's training weights? Is it only by feeling that one is ready to increase the training load? I don't know man, but in my opinion one of the components of training til failure is to allow one to know that they are indeed ready to increase their training load. For example if one does 6 to 8 reps per set and they find that they can do 10 reps with a given weight then that's a "signal" for them to increase their training weight.

More or less, this.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »

1. Give money you can spare to someone who needs it and then pretend you never had it.

2. Let someone tell a story without feeling the need to one-up them or tell your own.

3. Let someone vent, even if you can’t offer a solution, just to be an ear–without considering how well they listened to you last week.

4. Help someone who is struggling with difficult feelings by admitting you’ve felt the same thing–without considering whether they’d be as open with you.

5. Ask, “What can I do to help you today?” Then let it go after following through.

6. Tell someone how you feel about them, even if it makes you feel vulnerable, just to let them know they’re loved and not alone.

7. Apologize when you’ve acted selfishly, even if you don’t like feeling wrong, because it will remind the other person they deserve to be treated with respect.

8. Let someone else educate you, even if you’re tempted to stay closed minded, because you value their knowledge and appreciate their willingness to share it.

9. Forgive someone who wronged you because you have compassion for them, not because you know they’ll owe you.

10. Hold someone’s hand when they feel vulnerable to let them know you haven’t judged them.

11. Give your full attention to the person in front of you when you’re tempted to let your thoughts wander just to show them their words are valuable.

12. Assume the best when you’re tempted to suspect someone for no valid reason—even if they haven’t always given you the benefit of the doubt.

13. Accompany someone to an appointment or drive them to an interview when they need support just to help them feel strong.

14. Change your plans for someone you love if yours weren’t too important without questioning whether they’d do the same for you.

15. Teach someone how to do something without taking a superior position because they’ve likely taught you many things, whether they were obvious or not.

16. Leave a thoughtful comment on someone’s blog, not to build your readership but rather to show them how they affected you.

17. Tell someone you believe in their potential, even if they haven’t always shown you the same support.

18. Say no when it would make you feel good to say yes, because sometimes being kind means pushing someone to step up and try harder.

19. Tell someone you know they meant well instead of using their mistake as an opportunity to manipulate their guilt.

20. I’ve left this one open for you to write–how do you give just to show you care?
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 04:22:04 PM »
ha ha

who the fuck are you? Ed mcmahon.......
DAWG

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
Except for people who don't have the genetic code for good calves. These types of entities have to annihilate their calves or they will for ever look untrained.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
I wonder how much bigger Tom Platz's upper body would have been if he didn't annihilate it like he did his legs?

lesaucer

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »

discuss

BALLOONEY OF A FAT DIRTBIKE RIDING KID WHO NEVER WAS ABLE TO GAIN MUCH FROM A SHITLOAD OF AAS. TRYING TO CONVINCE HIMSELF TTHAT ASS IS NOT THE KEY ,THAT STRENGTH IS THE KEY BUT NO FRIENDS MORE AAS= MORE GAINS ADD HGHONA AND YOU HAVE MUTATION TO HIGHER DEGREE...,,, UNLESS YOU HHAVE VERY BAD GENES. UNLESS YOUR GENETICS IS TO STAY FAT AND TAKES COCKS UP IN THE ASS FOR A DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE..,,      DISMISSED,,

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
BALLOONEY OF A FAT DIRTBIKE RIDING KID WHO NEVER WAS ABLE TO GAIN MUCH FROM A SHITLOAD OF AAS. TRYING TO CONVINCE HIMSELF TTHAT ASS IS NOT THE KEY ,THAT STRENGTH IS THE KEY BUT NO FRIENDS MORE AAS= MORE GAINS ADD HGHONA AND YOU HAVE MUTATION TO HIGHER DEGREE...,,, UNLESS YOU HHAVE VERY BAD GENES. UNLESS YOUR GENETICS IS TO STAY FAT AND TAKES COCKS UP IN THE ASS FOR A DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE..,,      DISMISSED,,

wtf gh15 hacked lesaucer's account :o

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
who the fuck are you? Ed mcmahon.......

lmao

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »
 >:(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
Maybe if he stuck the test into his buttcheek instead of between them it would work better.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »
I think i'm going on a bit of a tangent here but I got to ask: why doesn't the tbombz (or the other guru's on here) become a personal trainer?

I mean, why bother trying to convert the imbeciles who frequent this forum..go out and sell what you are preaching to a bunch or rubes

just take the test and get certified.  Then, you don't even need to know what you are talking about; people will just take your word because you are "certified"

lesaucer

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
I think i'm going on a bit of a tangent here but I got to ask: why doesn't the tbombz (or the other guru's on here) become a personal trainer?

I mean, why bother trying to convert the imbeciles who frequent this forum..go out and sell what you are preaching to a bunch or rubes

just take the test and get certified.  Then, you don't even need to know what you are talking about; people will just take your word because you are "certified"

because no one will listen to you if you look like shit

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »

discuss

Competely wrong and misguided. Please do some research into hypertrophy and damage. Why should the muscle grow when you stop short of failure? It might occasionally but for steady growth you need to do something extraordinary. Strength comes but isn't the goal.

It is always refreshing to hear the considered advice of Getbiggers.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
because no one will listen to you if you look like shit

honestly, I don't recall tbombz looking like shit

then again, I haven't seen a recent pic