Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 39783 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »
Competely wrong and misguided. Please do some research into hypertrophy and damage. Why should the muscle grow when you stop short of failure? It might occasionally but for steady growth you need to do something extraordinary. Strength comes but isn't the goal.

It is always refreshing to hear the considered advice of Getbiggers.

You're always clackin your dentures about hypertrophy but you've never bothered to tell everyone your "theories" about it......
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

lesaucer

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
honestly, I don't recall tbombz looking like shit

then again, I haven't seen a recent pic

wasnt specifically talking about him, he look better than 99% of people here

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »
You're always clackin your dentures about hypertrophy but you've never bothered to tell everyone your "theories" about it......

x2

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
The flotsam here wouldn't know the correct theory because they already have their pet theories. Cleansing the brains of the simple-minded is no easy task. 

Clearly the Op has no clue about hypertrophy and neither do most of the blokes here.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »
The flotsam here wouldn't know the correct theory because they already have their pet theories. Cleansing the brains of the simple-minded is no easy task. 

Clearly the Op has no clue about hypertrophy and neither do most of the blokes here.

You're more than capable of coming here and babbling on and on in your typical old man droning, but somehow you can't find the time/energy to post your theories? LMAO.

I have a theory too.........that you're full of shit! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

lesaucer

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 06:09:20 PM »
You're more than capable of coming here and babbling on and on in your typical old man droning, but somehow you can't find the time/energy to post your theories? LMAO.

I have a theory too.........that you're full of shit! :D

his theory is.... if you have dbol you can win mr.canada in 1960 or whatever..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
his theory is.... if you have dbol you can win mr.canada in 1960 or whatever..
ooooooh, I think his theory was to win Mr Canada 1948, you have to pick your own judging panel...
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »
my friends, they key to making progress every workout, to getting as big as possible, as strong as possible, is to never EVER cause significant muscle damage. this means staying at least 2-3 reps shy of failure on EVERY set. even when youve already done several heavy sets and you would hit failure by doing 3-5 reps , you need to stop at 1-3 reps (just an example). never ever cause muscle damage.  when you damage the muscle, your body has to repair that damage, and cant focus on building new muscle tissue. strength POTENTIAL and muscle size are directly correlated.  the more muscle you have the moe weight you can lift. the more glycogen and water you have in the muscle the more rep capacity you have. if you want to get big and strong, you need to lift heavy heavy heavy. good form. stimulate the muscle to add new muscle cells so you can lift more weight. BUT STAY AWAY FROM FAILURE. you can add some extra size by throwing in higher reps, but only to a degree. you cant add any significant muscle tissue without progressive overload, all you do by increasing reps is increase stamina/rep capacity/glycogen/water levels.

discuss

Everything i've witnessed in my 17 years of weight lifting shows what you are saying here to be bullshit.

I've seen your theory proved wrong with my own two eyes many times.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »
Everything i've witnessed in my 17 years of weight lifting shows what you are saying here to be bullshit.

I've seen your theory proved wrong with my own two eyes many times.
You're a fucking liar and tdongz would fuck the shit out of you.

Literally. :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »
You're a fucking liar and tdongz would fuck the shit out of you.

Literally. :-X

I've never lied about anything you fat swamp beast.

The only time I lied was when I fucked your mom. She asked me if her pussy stank like rotton tuna and I said "No, of course not. It smells great."

lesaucer

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »

The only time I lied was when I fucked your mom. She asked me if her pussy stank like rotton tuna and I said "No, of course not. It smells great."

rofllll

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »
Chaos is one of the nasty dorks here and he wonders why sensible people don't contribute much on Getbig.

It is one thing to post a true theory and quite another to dismiss a false one. Unless you go to failure most of the time you simply will not grow. Oh, you might grow as a beginner but after the intermediate stage you will stop. This is when being right is absolutely required.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »
Chaos is one of the nasty dorks here and he wonders why sensible people don't contribute much on Getbig.

It is one thing to post a true theory and quite another to dismiss a false one. Unless you go to failure most of the time you simply will not grow. Oh, you might grow as a beginner but after the intermediate stage you will stop. This is when being right is absolutely required.

Sounds like some senile type of bullshit you're spewing here, have you forgotten you Alzheimers meds again?

Well since you showed up right after my dad blew in her..........did you enoy the taste of my potential brothers and sisters?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
Maybe if he stuck the test into his buttcheek instead of between them it would work better.

no doubt
DAWG

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »
WW
who the fuck are you? Ed mcmahon.......

Oh shit.   ROFLMAO

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »
BALLOONEY OF A FAT DIRTBIKE RIDING KID WHO NEVER WAS ABLE TO GAIN MUCH FROM A SHITLOAD OF AAS. TRYING TO CONVINCE HIMSELF TTHAT ASS IS NOT THE KEY ,THAT STRENGTH IS THE KEY BUT NO FRIENDS MORE AAS= MORE GAINS ADD HGHONA AND YOU HAVE MUTATION TO HIGHER DEGREE...,,, UNLESS YOU HHAVE VERY BAD GENES. UNLESS YOUR GENETICS IS TO STAY FAT AND TAKES COCKS UP IN THE ASS FOR A DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE..,,      DISMISSED,,

I think I agree with this.

Tbombz physique is not impressive considering how long he's been on drugs. I think he must be doing something wrong.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »
Well, you are spot on with the statement that PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD is the key, but the question is how to make it happen. So if one doesn't train to failure how does one know for certain to increase one's training weights? Is it only by feeling that one is ready to increase the training load? I don't know man, but in my opinion one of the components of training til failure is to allow one to know that they are indeed ready to increase their training load. For example if one does 6 to 8 reps per set and they find that they can do 10 reps with a given weight then that's a "signal" for them to increase their training weight.
increase the weight as often as you can. you still use rep ranges as a signal tht your ready to move up. but you stay away from failure. when you can lift a weight 4-5 times while staying at least 2 reps shy of failure, then you are ready for probably about a 20lb weight increase in my experience, and could probably get that weight for one easy rep. then the workout after maybe 2.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
increase the weight as often as you can. you still use rep ranges as a signal tht your ready to move up. but you stay away from failure. when you can lift a weight 4-5 times while staying at least 2 reps shy of failure, then you are ready for probably about a 20lb weight increase in my experience, and could probably get that weight for one easy rep. then the workout after maybe 2.

Post a pic to show us the results.

Let's see a three quarter turn bicep shot while you are holding your dildo in your hand. That would be epic.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
DAWG

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
;D

fuckin A you guys are pissing me off   >:(

spinnis

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »
tbombz im trying to be nice, but considiring your results while being on aas for years. you're on no positioing to be giing out any sort of advice unless you want us to do to the exact opposite...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »
tbombz im trying to be nice, but considiring your results while being on aas for years. you're on no positioing to be giing out any sort of advice unless you want us to do to the exact opposite...
its all good, your 5'5" ~150lbs and have a right to your opinion  :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2011, 12:06:24 AM »

Seems to me the lads need some instruction in hypertrophy 101. What you wrote above is both dangerous and naive. Lifting heavy weights isn't great for the joints. What kind of progression is adding 20 pounds and doing 1 rep? That might work for power lifters but has no place in bodybuilding.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »
Seems to me the lads need some instruction in hypertrophy 101. What you wrote above is both dangerous and naive. Lifting heavy weights isn't great for the joints. What kind of progression is adding 20 pounds and doing 1 rep? That might work for power lifters but has no place in bodybuilding.

Just stick with "machines"....right Vince?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 02:18:52 AM »
Hey Vince, your theroy of hyperthropy is something along the lines of high volume and high frequency right? And now I see you mentioning the need to train to failure, so riddle me this... How in the fuck could a natural trainer be able to recover from this style of training? Seems to me, that if a natural trainer actually followed your particular training style, he would get smaller and weaker. Also, low reps (not more than 8 or 10 reps max) and heavy weights work MUCH BETTER for causing a natural trainers muscles to hyperthropy.