Author Topic: Hate to say I told you so, but...  (Read 668 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Hate to say I told you so, but...
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
...I told you so! :D

It's been argued to death.  Is Fedor the greatest MMA fighter of all time, or isn't he?  That question was unequivocally answered this past Saturday.  Fedor nuthuggers have always relied on his unblemished record as proof that he was/is the best.  Never mind that nearly 2/3rds of those fights where against unknown and complete cans, and that the remaining 1/3 were questionable wins in an organization that had ties to the Japanese mob and is known for fixing fights.  None of that mattered to the Fedor ball lickers.  

And when Fedor refused to fight in the UFC, the Fedor nuthuggers said it was because it wasn't about the money for Fedor...that Fedor did not want to "sell out".  Never mind that he took freak-show fights against guys like Hong Man Choi, middle weights like Matt Linland and even light weights like Aoki.  

The the Fedor ball lickers' world was rocked when their phallic God actually lost to a UFC reject.  Of course, they said it was a freak thing.  Fedor just got sloppy is what they told themselves.  It wouldn't happen again.

But then it did :-\  Fedor was brutalized and dominated by what most agree is a 2nd tier heavyweight fighter.  In this fight, Fedor was exposed for having a myriad of holes in his game.  It is true that he faced a much bigger man.  But, this had never been a problem when he was fighting cans or when the fights were fixed.  Now that he found himself in a cage against a real heavyweight with actual skills, he was in fact exposed for the overhyped fighter that I've always said he is.  Can you imagine what would happen if they put him in there with Cain, Alistar, JDS, etc?   :o

In his day, Fedor dominated the weakest of all divisions.  And, while this happened under questionable circumstances, he should be commended for that accomplishment.  Fedor will go down as a decent fighter who once he was put out there without protection, he found himself way in over his head.

w

kevcat

• Getbig IV
Re: Hate to say I told you so, but...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
Nah, as much as i agree he didnt always fight top opponents, you cant argue with a record when talking about history.In any sport wether it be boxing, tennis, football etc it doesnt matter who youve played/fought.If you win more than anyone else in history has or have a great trophy haul, it wont matter the opposition.Winning is winning my friend :)