Author Topic: Craziest Hockey Game ever - Islanders v. Penguins  (Read 7859 times)

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Craziest Hockey Game ever - Islanders v. Penguins
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »
When talking fighters don't forget Tony Twist and Gino Odjick. Gino would throw down any time and if he lost would drop the gloves his next shift. The Canucks need someone who can throw their hands now that Rypien is off on personal leave.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 11:57:55 PM »
The Tony Twist/Rob Ray fights were great as were the Domi/Ray fights.  Kordic was the master, totally off his rocker.  The best was when Kordic fought his brother-insane.  Well, it was, found out Kordic was mollested by his hockey coach when he was younger, then slipped into using drugs and steroids so he kinda was unstable.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
Umm....actually not.
Wendel is really only considered a hero in TO. He's somewhat overrated in the fighting department, but yes, he was a hard-nosed player. His own cousin (Joey Kocur) was much, much tougher and a far better fighter. John Kordic was a pillow puncher, fast hands, but nothing behind them. His use of coke and steroids finally caused his heart to explode during an arrest - you've probably heard the story.
Probert is the best overall hockey fighter I've ever seen. But when the Bruise Brothers ruled the NHL you were still better off fighting Probert than Kocur.  Probert would beat you, but Kocur could end your career. If you inserted a prime Bob Probert, Behn Wilson, Dave Brown,  or Nick Fotiu into today's NHL the league wouldn't know what to do with them.

Like you'd know...it's not like you played hockey with those guys when you were younger (~2,000 years ago).  ;D

How's the leg homo - that was quite the little dismount from the bike on Sunday.
 ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
and the enforcers in NHL are TOUGH bastards.

They are only tough amongst themselves. Glorified endurance athletes. Stick to the face, they cry. Only break 200 pounds after their career when they get fat.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
Les, lowside out of the fast lefthanders where you had passed me earlier. Some rash where the leathers burnt my skin. My baby finger on left hand may be broke. Bike bodywork is rough and tank got dented.Still one of the funnest days I ever had. Thanks for all the help.