Author Topic: Is Rock Dead? Definitive Rock Albums!  (Read 13912 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Is Rock Dead? Definitive Rock Albums!
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
;D  You gonna burn down my house?   

Nah. I might ask myself how did I get here, at most.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
Worse, he might be a Psycho Killer....

Once in a lifetime?

basil

• Getbig IV
Re: Is rock music dead?
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 12:01:18 AM »

Great song.  Stellar vocals by Mama Cass.  I was listening to this last week, and had wondered how she would have done on American Idol.  Despite having one of the best female voices in popular music in the last 50 years, I don't think she would last 2 weeks b/c of  her weight issue.

Cass Elliot's 2nd chorus, following the instrumental break, is on a whole other level.  She's sadly missed. 

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »
"Pet Sounds" by The Beach Boys "Abbey Road" by The Beatles "Darkside of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. Those 3 albums revolutionized rock music, but sadly by 1984 rock was pretty much dead. I did like grunge though.

Great choices.  All solid.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2011, 12:18:39 AM »
In 1984 that Classic Rock sound died out. But Heavy Metal came in and it came in hard.

I'm not talking about Quiet Riot, Poison and hair metal like that. I'm talking Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Motorhead. All that was great.

Beach Boys??? I don't know man. For it's time I guess it was alright but that shit sounds like motown or barber shop music with the 4 guys singing. That shit ain't rockin.

That's called harmony. Beach Boys had great, tight harmonies in their music.  If you decide to learn a bit about harmony and it's role, I think you would enjoy all types of music to a greater degree.  Maybe not though.  Harmony can sound great in any genre, if it's executed properly. 

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »
AC DC, old Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, Bad Company, Black Sabbath, The Cult, Doors, Godsmack, GNR, Iron Maiden, Hendrix, Kiss, Led Zep, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Pantera, Poison, Rage Against the Machine, Chilli Peppers, Slayer, Tool, Type O, VH, ZZ top

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 03:10:58 AM »
Back in the 90's rock music was a fucking RELIGION. It was just powerful and there was a strong cult of people following it. The music was inspirational and epic. The lifestyle was drugs, pussy and loud music to empower yourself and feel like a God.

Nowadays rock music just seems like it sucks dick. It's like a wild bull that got castrated and beaten into submission, now it is hiding in the corner, afraid.

I don't know what happened. Maybe the CIA infiltrated the rock music scene and ruined it from the inside out? Maybe people these days just have no balls and can't make good songs? Maybe society has drifted into a more passive and narcisistic state, and people are too self-centered to keep the movement alive?

Whatever it is, rock music fucking sucks right now.

There is some cool shit in the Metal world right now. Some cool death metal and speed metal. But besides that it's shit.
dude, the 90's is the decade that tried to kill rock and this last decade did it's best to put in the final kill shot. I wouldn't put in the 90's as some savior of rock.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 03:47:46 AM »
dude, the 90's is the decade that tried to kill rock and this last decade did it's best to put in the final kill shot. I wouldn't put in the 90's as some savior of rock.
How old are you? You don't know what you are talking about... some of the best rock/metal albuns were made in the 90's...
S

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27:03 PM »
Essentials.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 05:42:34 AM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »

No "Piece of Mind" ???

>:(

Oh, absolutely.