Author Topic: Rich Franklin rumored to be retiring after one more fight.....  (Read 3473 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Rich Franklin rumored to be retiring after one more fight.....
« on: February 14, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
He's got one more left on his contract and he said he's done after that.  He's not really that old but he's been kinda injury prone lately, I just hope they choose his last fight wisely.
Predictions
 40/61

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Rich Franklin rumored to be retiring after one more fight.....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:01:50 AM »
Rich is smart.  I'm sure he's made a nice chunk of money fighting.

Seeing how he was a teacher in a different life, I wonder if he'll go back, or even try something new.  Or just retire from working period.

He is a likeable guy.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:14:31 AM »
Rich is smart.  I'm sure he's made a nice chunk of money fighting.

Seeing how he was a teacher in a different life, I wonder if he'll go back, or even try something new.  Or just retire from working period.

He is a likeable guy.

::)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:31:35 AM »
::)

Please explain your comment, as I really havent posted anything to really comment about.

Or are you just sore at me for criticising your fallen hero?   ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:19:31 AM »
You criticizing Fedor is like a Llama criticizing Michaelangelo; I don't entertain such stupidity.

I rolled my eyes because of your mancrush for Franklin-- an overrated, underskilled bore of a fighter who hasn't been in an important fight in almost 5 years.

Most people who follow MMA wouldn't care or notice if he stopped fighting.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »

Quit crying baby.  You can find another set of balls to lick.
 :-[

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
 :-\

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:56 AM »
You criticizing Fedor is like a Llama criticizing Michaelangelo; I don't entertain such stupidity.

I rolled my eyes because of your mancrush for Franklin-- an overrated, underskilled bore of a fighter who hasn't been in an important fight in almost 5 years.

And just to educate you a bit:  most ppl that watch MMA watch UFC and would notice if he retired.

You need to come outta your cave and realize Strikeforce isn't the end all, be all of MMA.  It's not even close to being on par with the UFC.  Youre like the Strikeforce Osama.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

Franklin is still a huge draw and partially responsible for the widespread, respectable opinion people and media have of MMA.

The guy has put on some great fights and he has fought nothing but the best. Look at his opponents....there are few easy guys on that resume.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »
And just to educate you a bit:  most ppl that watch MMA watch UFC and would notice if he retired.

You need to come outta your cave and realize Strikeforce isn't the end all, be all of MMA.  It's not even close to being on par with the UFC.  Youre like the Strikeforce Osama.

I've forgotten more about MMA than you will ever learn. In terms of knowledge, you're at the bottom, even on this board-- so please don't make me laugh. Face facts--Franklin was a lower echelon UFC draw when he was middleweight champ, today he's the last guy in a line of a dozen to knock Chuck Lidell out with virtually no impressive wins on his resume and a shitload of bad losses. Making this thread about SF just shows how delusional you are when it comes to MMA. Not once did I bring up SF or their MW or LHW division. I realize that "Ace" is one of your hero's for overcoming injuries and a cartoonish looking receding hairline, so it hurts me to throw cold water on his retirement. You can rekindle his legacy by entering a local MMA show and making it out of the first round against a handicapped female bantamweight.  

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »
Franklin is still a huge draw and partially responsible for the widespread, respectable opinion people and media have of MMA.

The guy has put on some great fights and he has fought nothing but the best. Look at his opponents....there are few easy guys on that resume.

He's 6-5 in his last 11 fights and outside of winning a decision against Wanderlei and knocking out Chuck, he hasn't done shit against legit competition in years. He has fought a lot of tough opponents through the years, but most were past their prime or he lost. To say Rich Franklin is a huge draw in 2011 is absurd.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »
I've forgotten more about MMA than you will ever learn. In terms of knowledge, you're at the bottom, even on this board-- so please don't make me laugh. Face facts--Franklin was a lower echelon UFC draw when he was middleweight champ, today he's the last guy in a line of a dozen to knock Chuck Lidell out with virtually no impressive wins on his resume and a shitload of bad losses. Making this thread about SF just shows how delusional you are when it comes to MMA. Not once did I bring up SF or their MW or LHW division. I realize that "Ace" is one of your hero's for overcoming injuries and a cartoonish looking receding hairline, so it hurts me to throw cold water on his retirement. You can rekindle his legacy by entering a local MMA show and making it out of the first round against a handicapped female bantamweight.  
Ok Sensei.

And where did I ever state my love for Rich?  All I did was comment about him retiring, and you flipped out and are now making childish, moronic comments about a fighters hairline?  WOW.  Someone needs a changing..  bad.

Like I said George, I feel bad that your hero took a beating by Silva and couldn't seem to find the HUGE target that is his head.   But snapping at ppl on here isn't going to bring him back to circa 2007.  I'm sure the UFC would welcome the Great Fedor with open arms if he would just man up.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
Ok Sensei.

And where did I ever state my love for Rich?  All I did was comment about him retiring, and you flipped out and are now making childish, moronic comments about a fighters hairline?  WOW.  Someone needs a changing..  bad.

Like I said George, I feel bad that your hero took a beating by Silva and couldn't seem to find the HUGE target that is his head.   But snapping at ppl on here isn't going to bring him back to circa 2007.  I'm sure the UFC would welcome the Great Fedor with open arms if he would just man up.

In this thread, which is about Rich "Ace" Franklin, you have mentioned Fedor in every single posting. I mentioned his name once to put your nonsensical obsession with him to bed. Instead of responding to the merits of what I have written, you incessantly mention Fedor. I'm honestly starting to think that he is your idol. Your unhealthy fixation with him is starting to shift from irrational to psychotic.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »

Hes a huge draw, but hes already been exposed so now what??

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 12:44:52 PM »
In this thread, which is about Rich "Ace" Franklin, you have mentioned Fedor in every single posting. I mentioned his name once to put your nonsensical obsession with him to bed. Instead of responding to the merits of what I have written, you incessantly mention Fedor. I'm honestly starting to think that he is your idol. Your unhealthy fixation with him is starting to shift from irrational to psychotic.

Only reason i'm mentioning him is to show you where all your hate and aggression is coming from. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
Hes a huge draw, but hes already been exposed so now what??

He may retire, he may not.

Nothing wrong either way.

Settle down big guy....

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »
He may retire, he may not.

Nothing wrong either way.

Settle down big guy....

Well he should retire after being exposed right? lol cmon just say it...

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 01:10:58 PM »
Ok Sensei.

And your heros have all taken beatings in their PRIMES lol. At least Fedor was over the hill...

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »
And your heros have all taken beatings in their PRIMES lol. At least Fedor was over the hill...

I didn't know I ever addressed on getbig who my heroS were or that I even had more than one.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
Well he should retire after being exposed right? lol cmon just say it...

I don't really care either way. He's old news and couldn't keep up when he had to fight 2nd tier competition.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »
For his time, Rich was one of the best middleweights.  Granted, middleweights are almost as bad as heavies when it comes to skilled talent.  Also, he did well as a light heavy.  The guy never ducked a fight and got in there with some of the toughest guys in his era.  Much props.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 06:07:45 AM »

Just read this.  ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »
He got a hana tattoo....
w