Author Topic: do we have enough enthusiasts for an automotive thread?  (Read 1856 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
do we have enough enthusiasts for an automotive thread?
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
parker comes to mind, among others.

it's as relevant to this board as politics is and plenty of getbiggers are into it.  good idea?

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: do we have enough enthusiasts for an automotive thread?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
I drive an 06 Corolla. I'll mod.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »

Not sure I want more boards here, but looking to merge or change a few that are slow

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »
parker comes to mind, among others.

it's as relevant to this board as politics is and plenty of getbiggers are into it.  good idea?

General is a good place for car threads.
R

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »
i think an automotive board will do better than the CT board and maybe a few others.  EVERYONE drives and has questions or an opinion.

i still want t shirts too  :-/

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
There have frequently been car-related threads on the Gen Topics, one of which I joined into (commenting on American vs British cars, I said buy a Cadillac or a Jeep if you live in the US, a Jag or a mini or a Range Rover if British.  Then I got all bigoted and started saying I wouldn't drive a Merc or a Porshe if you paid me...

There was another thread about the cost of gas, which just went up and up.

Maybe the automobile thread ought be near the "not bodybuilding" threads, near the entertainment etc?

I too am getting that repetitive strain syndrome from scrolling too far too often.  It'd be far easier if there was one short menu

take care, use your brakes and your horn and always indicate...
I cycle nowadays
madly
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
Oooooooh  T-shirts, that's a good idea.  Ron?  have those little bouncy clicky boxes on the side selling
"I GetBig" tshirts for $10.99?  Make lotsa money...

Do one with 5 pink stars?

xL

better still, transfers for £3.99.  copyright it now !  

I don't wear t-shirts that say anything, Nike and Adidas would have to pay me to wear their logos.  
But I reckon you'd have a huge getbig market for people who do enjoy wearing branded stuff?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
Also Mr Clear, be careful what you wish for...

(and please don't get peeved at me for triple posting, ooops sorry, my mind works funny, I frequently get second thoughts.

Years ago, I asked for ages and ages that there be a Girly Chat Thread and it happened.  Sadly it turns out it's a pile of crap, kinda a sad bad and mad replica of the two other hot spots, Gossip and Opinions and General Topics. But it's total rubbish because noone goes there regularly, although a few sad men peruse it.  Just a bunch of nowhere.  

Even the female mods for our Girly Board don't bother posting there very often, they spend most of their time on the far funnier and racier and cleverer G&O and GT boards.

Cars?  Yes, for sure, you'll get a massive readership and many worthwhile posters, I'm sure it's a great idea to instigate an Automotive thread.  

I posted daft pix of electric cars on one thread, laughing madly, thinking you'd all think we Europeans are bonkers.  

I was posting on another thread about how sad it now is that advanced countries such as the Americas and Britain and most of Europe should spend trillions on gorgeous motorways and millions of beautiful cars yet rely on the middle east for our oil?  

love ya mean it
i bicycle and will gladly cut up motorists
xL