Author Topic: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!  (Read 17307 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »
The Rock returned on RAW moments ago. Here is a recap from our RAW report:

Back and the host is……causing electrical noises in the arena. There go the lights. They’re going out all over the arena. There goes the Tron and the Elimination Chamber sign. Vince isn’t advertising a PPV? This MUST be huge. A light comes on the screen and it’s…….THE ROCK!!!!!!!!! I’m stunned at this. He looks like he’s in great shape. To put it mildly, the place erupted.

After seven long years……FINALLY, The Rock has come back to Anaheim, to Raw, and Home. When he had the mic up you could see his hand shaking. He has many nicknames, but tonight he’s Dwayne. It’s been a long time since he’s been here and it’s not because of money or to promote a movie but because of the fans. The fans helped him accomplish his goals and dreams. He wants to thank the fans and tell them he loves them and because of them he’s back in the ring and he’s never ever going away.

He says he called Vince and Vince said he needed a host that was electrifying. He needed someone that would get the people talking. He needed a host that would ignite things and that would be Justin Bieber. Justin is cool, but only the Rock could be the host of Mania. He hasn’t lost a step on the mic at all. At the drop of a dime he’ll lay the smack down at Wrestlemania, but the question is to who.

Could it be Miz? He says he’s heard Miz is awesome. Rock isn’t a scientist but if you’re always saying you’re awesome it means you absolutely suck. Rock says there is one man he’s going to see at Mania, but there’s an E-Mail before he gets to say it. Rock isn’t pleased. He cuts Cole off before he can answer, asking if Cole thinks anyone gives a damn what the GM has to say.

Rock: “Michael Cole, is that what you think?” Cole: “Well…” Rock: “IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! You sit down at that table and know your damn role and shut your damn mouth!” He says if Cole doesn’t then Rock will have some special Facebook pictures tonight of him taking that computer, shining it up real nice and putting it straight up Michael Cole’s candy ass. Now sit down because you look like a drunk hobbit.

Anyway there is one man that Rock has to see face to face. Rock has met him before and thinks he’s a cool guy. When Rock left this guy came in and started talking trash about the Rock. His name is JOHN CENA. WWE has gone from Austin 3:16 to Can Your Smell What the Rock is Cooking to….You Can’t See Me? He does the hand motion and asks if he’s playing peek-a-boo. A blindfolded Stevie Wonder in a basement can see you.

Everyone can see Cena. He runs around here in colored shirts looking like a bright bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Rock has said ass about 15 times in 10 minutes. He’ll see Cena at Wrestlemania. He’ll also see Miz and everyone else at Mania. Rock guaran-damn-tees three things for Mania. He’ll show the world he’s the most electrifying man in entertainment. At the drop of a dime he’ll lay the Smacketh Down on all their candy asses. Finally, the Rock and the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Rock’s fans will electrify Wrestlemania….IF YA SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!

Absolute gold!! In ten minutes of airtime, The Rock made Cena and the rest of the WWE lame roster look ridiculous and had the entire Anahiem Pond on his side.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
He wants to thank the fans and tell them he loves them and because of them he’s back in the ring and he’s never ever going away.

THIS has to be a work.

I can't see him ever returning to wrestling full-time.
Maybe he'll wreslte semi-regularly to generate some cross-interest for his movies, or maybe that's what Vince is hoping he'll do for the WWE, but as an established Hollywood star, why would Rock give that up to go on the road 300 days/year for a very small fraction of what he's making now?

Even if the movie gig has slowed, he's made enough money to this point that I doubt he needs to wrestle.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:27 AM »

THIS has to be a work.

I can't see him ever returning to wrestling full-time.
Maybe he'll wreslte semi-regularly to generate some cross-interest for his movies, or maybe that's what Vince is hoping he'll do for the WWE, but as an established Hollywood star, why would Rock give that up to go on the road 300 days/year for a very small fraction of what he's making now?

Even if the movie gig has slowed, he's made enough money to this point that I doubt he needs to wrestle.
Who knows, he is still young (started wrestling at age 23) and he can still put on a good show. I guarantee you Vince signed him for BIG bucks as Vince is grasping at straws especially with WM looming around the corner. He has NO stars anymore. In only 10 minutes, the Rock had everyone in the palm of his hand and he single handedly made Cena, Miz, Cole and half the locker room look ridiculous. Now that is a superstar. Not these ass clowns like R-Truth, Morrison, Miz, etc.....Finally my prayers have been answered!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:41:25 AM »
Who knows, he is still young (started wrestling at age 23) and he can still put on a good show. I guarantee you Vince signed him for BIG bucks as Vince is grasping at straws especially with WM looming around the corner. He has NO stars anymore. In only 10 minutes, the Rock had everyone in the palm of his hand and he single handedly made Cena, Miz, Cole and half the locker room look ridiculous. Now that is a superstar. Not these ass clowns like R-Truth, Morrison, Miz, etc.....Finally my prayers have been answered!

You know, I really suspected they would announce Rock last night, and for that reason I told myself I would watch to see how they lay things out.
Of course, I forgot. >:(
I'm so damned conditioned to NOT watching the show!!

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing what they're going to do in the following weeks/hopefully, months.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »

Not that young....About to turn 39 years old in a few months. But his body is well rested from being so many years away from wrestling.

He's not coming back to the roster. Not a chance.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:23 AM »

You know, I really suspected they would announce Rock last night, and for that reason I told myself I would watch to see how they lay things out.
Of course, I forgot. >:(
I'm so damned conditioned to NOT watching the show!!

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing what they're going to do in the following weeks/hopefully, months.
IF he is full time, he can have a good 1-2 year run easily. That will open up many doors now. Who knows, they may turn him heel.....they may keep him face and turn Cena heel, anything can happen.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 07:35:31 AM »
IF he is full time, he can have a good 1-2 year run easily. That will open up many doors now. Who knows, they may turn him heel.....they may keep him face and turn Cena heel, anything can happen.

Ha-ha...
He's one of these rich & eccentric Hollywood folks, now...
Probably "bored" of making all that money and living in luxury.

Traveling to four cities per week and bumping 300 days per year will break up the monotony of his mundanely extravagant life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 07:39:19 AM »

Ha-ha...
He's one of these rich & eccentric Hollywood folks, now...
Probably "bored" of making all that money and living in luxury.

Traveling to four cities per week and bumping 300 days per year will break up the monotony of his mundanely extravagant life.
Well, one thing is for sure. Vince is grasping at straws, thus shelling out the coin to bring the Rock back. Who else is there left? Undertaker is broken and old and already only wrestling PPV's only, Jericho is gone, Edge is leaving when his contract is up, Triple H is up getting up there in age and has already suffered numerous injuries thus taking almost a year off.

Is anyone hear gonna shell out 150.00 per ticket to watch The Miz main event against R-Truth? I highly doubt it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 07:42:15 AM »
I'd love to know the details of Rock's deal.

You know he ain't cheap!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »
I'd love to know the details of Rock's deal.

You know he ain't cheap!
He was making 1 mil per year back from 2000-2004. You an rest assured he is getting 2 mill easily. Same deal as Cena and Triple HHH when they were in their primes.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
J.R. blogs on the Rock:

Jim Ross tweeted tonight, “Dwayne Johnson’s classic ‘Rock’ promo 2nite on RAW was the best thing on RAW in recent memory. Young wrestlers hopefully paid attention.”

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »
J.R. blogs on the Rock:

Jim Ross tweeted tonight, “Dwayne Johnson’s classic ‘Rock’ promo 2nite on RAW was the best thing on RAW in recent memory. Young wrestlers hopefully paid attention.”

Vince and creative hopefully paid attention.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »
I wonder if they are going to use Rock to move Cena to a heel?  Would make more sense.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
I wonder if they are going to use Rock to move Cena to a heel?  Would make more sense.

If they're going to that much work and expense (not that this is the only reason they're bringing Rock back), I hope Cena can capitalize on the move.
I remember when Scott Hall was "technically" a heel, yet came out to pops and resorted to catch-phrases that elicited even more pops.

Triple H was always a better heel, in my opinion, because he played a "true" heel.
He abandoned all the stuff that made the fans like him.
He played a prick, and did so quite masterfully.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 12:02:09 PM »

If they're going to that much work and expense (not that this is the only reason they're bringing Rock back), I hope Cena can capitalize on the move.
I remember when Scott Hall was "technically" a heel, yet came out to pops and resorted to catch-phrases that elicited even more pops.

Triple H was always a better heel, in my opinion, because he played a "true" heel.
I couldn't agree more with this statement.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »

I agree too.  Cena just needs to shut-up and let Rock put him over as a heel.  He can make fun of him and have people booing/hating him in less than 3 weeks...guaranteed.....t hen just have Cena act the dumbass gimmick that he already has. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »
lol...

The Rock called Cena "A bowl of fruit loops that came out of Barney the Dinasaur's ass".

Gold! Complete Gold!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
lol...

The Rock called Cena "A bowl of fruit loops that came out of Barney the Dinasaur's ass".

Gold! Complete Gold!

haha, if he just continues to do that it will expose the Cena gimmick for what it is, a complete joke.  And after the fans turn on Cena, which they will, have him turn into a whiny wigger.....oh wait....... ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
They need to change Cena's gimmick any way. It's extremely lame but then again...so is wrestling these days.

Bringing Rock back is a huge shot in the arm for the WWE. Wrestlemania will be highly anticipated this year with the fans. They need to promote it correctly and start getting some matches set in stone. It seems that they never build Wrestlemania up with highly anticpated matches. Seems like matches on the card are always thrown together quickly within weeks of the event date with no buildup.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »
They need to change Cena's gimmick any way. It's extremely lame but then again...so is wrestling these days.

Honestly, i would keep it virtually the same, but just let Rock pick it apart until people turned on Cena.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »
If they don't plan on using the Rock to turn Cena heel? They should just keep them away from each other. The Rock will bury him. The fans will turn on Cena in an eye blink.

I totally agree. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
Well.....a kid had a sign on last weeks Raw that read:

"We've Cena Nuff"

I'm surprised it didn't get confiscated but either way.....its coming from a kid....

What does that tell you?  Cena has long been played out. Everyone is sick of seeing him get lumped out, then go to a PPV and win the title...yet again and again and again.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »
The absolute most excited i have been about wrestling in many a year, i celebrated like it was 2001 again!

Vince was so hesitant to turn Cena heel because of the money he makes, but i can safely assume The Great One would comfortably eclipse what Cenas merch brings in. I dont want to get too carried away but i just caught it and am completely buzzing.

God i forgot what a wrestling crowd sounded like, this is something to add to the loudest pops thread. Well done Vince, that was the best move you have made in years.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
I really hope that they let Cena loose on the mic next week and not make him come out and do some neutered kitty promo.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
I really hope that they let Cena loose on the mic next week and not make him come out and do some neutered kitty promo.

Nah, they should milk it out for a few weeks....plus i wouldn't have him start trying to cut "cool heel" promos as it sets it up to have a split crowd, which as soon as Rock goes back to movies could be hard for Cena to win back over.