Author Topic: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!  (Read 17218 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »
haha...is that how much the belts really cost?

I work in sales and the top producer each month gets to have a replica title belt above their desk until they get knocked outta the top spot.

It's the one that spins in a circle. Was that Cena's belt?

My boss is a closet wrestling fan so that's why he bought it. It's really corny but it's fun to win it because you're the top dog for the entire month and everyone knows it. ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:12 AM »
haha...is that how much the belts really cost?

I work in sales and the top producer each month gets to have a replica title belt above their desk until they get knocked outta the top spot.

It's the one that spins in a circle. Was that Cena's belt?

My boss is a closet wrestling fan so that's why he bought it. It's really corny but it's fun to win it because you're the top dog for the entire month and everyone knows it. ;D
It sure is. Some of that crap has a hefty price tag on it. I remember even back in 1998-1999 when I bought my Austin 3:16 teeshirt I paid a good 35 bucks a pop. Back then. Same with my NWO teeshirt. The belts now are just props. That spinner belt is a John Cena title and it was HOT in the merchandise stands. Jim Ross even stated how he hated it because it greatly devalued and mocked a title that was held by many greats in the business.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:18 AM »
It sure is. Some of that crap has a hefty price tag on it. I remember even back in 1998-1999 when I bought my Austin 3:16 teeshirt I paid a good 35 bucks a pop. Back then. Same with my NWO teeshirt. The belts now are just props. That spinner belt is a John Cena title and it was HOT in the merchandise stands. Jim Ross even stated how he hated it because it greatly devalued and mocked a title that was held by many greats in the business.

I've always liked Flair's NWA/WCW belt. The solid gold one with his name at the bottom. 40 pounds of gold! (or is 30?)

Wooooooooooooooooo!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
I've always liked Flair's NWA/WCW belt. The solid gold one with his name at the bottom. 40 pounds of gold! (or is 30?)

Wooooooooooooooooo!
Me too. That belt looked the best IMO.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »
I agree with you here. The Rock is ruining everything Cena ever had going. He's destroying his cred from head to toe. That bit with the little kid. Clearly spitting a big lugey in his shirt. Even if they had a match and Cena won. If Cena doesn't go heel after this the fans are still gonna turn on him. How can he come back from what the Rock has done?
Well anytime Rock wrestled a big name he got booed to hell. Austin, Hogan, HHH...I think he'll be fine.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
Well anytime Rock wrestled a big name he got booed to hell. Austin, Hogan, HHH...I think he'll be fine.
The Rock is one of the very few people who could either be Baby face #1 or Heel #1 and pull it off successfully.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2011, 07:21:58 AM »
I thought all 3 guys were really good last night. I thought that the last part part of Cena's promo was great...I don't know why he spent the first part kissing Rock's ass. Miz proved that he can hold his own with both of them, I thought he looked liked he belonged. No wasy is this a Cena heel turn. The part of the crowd that hates him still does, the FU was something for the fans that will always like him. Great last show before WM.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »
Cena's promo was too long, I thought. Sometimes he just rambles on and on. You mean to tell me that the Rock's character would allow an opponent to drone on forever before stopping him cold with a hand in the face? Just wasn't believable to me.

Also....hope Rock didn't fuck up his knee on that attempted pop-up after the Rock Bottom. Anyone catch that? Those pop-ups are a little harder to do when you're in your late 30's. LOL....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »
Clearly after last nights segment.....one will surly see how the Rock owned the crowd and all persons in the ring. The Rocky chants were just enormous. Cena got bood out of the building and tried to save face by playing to the crowd talking about kids and whatnot and it just didn't work.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2011, 12:42:57 PM »
Cena always gets booed to hell in Chicago ..look at WM 22. If he didn't kiss the Rock's ass for 10 minutes it would have been much better IMO. The second part of the promo was spot on. "Team Bring It" is just as dumb as the "Chain Gang" was. The Rock is much better at comedy promos. I watched it as a fan and enjoyed it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
Mass, is it you or someone else who always complains about TNA having a bunch of talking... This was a 22 minute bunch of blah blah.

Promos used to go 3 minutes... now they're all blah blah gay sex, blah blah congress, blah blah bring the smell showtime Wooooo!!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
Mass, is it you or someone else who always complains about TNA having a bunch of talking... This was a 22 minute bunch of blah blah.

Promos used to go 3 minutes... now they're all blah blah gay sex, blah blah congress, blah blah bring the smell showtime Wooooo!!!!!
Maybe lol. I usually agree but it was the show before WM so I guess it was expected. The first time Rock-Cena have been face to face so it was bound to go long. I agree that the HHH-Taker promo was too long. They crammed in a month of build into one segment.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Vince Mcmahon only cares about $$$, end of story. Fuck the integrity of the product. Too many pay-per-views over the year. They always try to build up Wrestlemania matches in the span of one month instead of building anticipation months in advance.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2011, 05:30:31 AM »
That's just it though, the WWE hasn't made nearly as much money as they did. As for the 22 minute TNA promo, they can't cut promos period. At least the Rock could and he had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand. Any heat/reaction is good heat so it didn't hurt Cena either.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »
Vince Mcmahon only cares about $$$, end of story. Fuck the integrity of the product. Too many pay-per-views over the year. They always try to build up Wrestlemania matches in the span of one month instead of building anticipation months in advance.

I think there should only be 4 PPVs a year... One a quarter... Big buildups... long term angles.

That's when shit was the bomb.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »
I think there should only be 4 PPVs a year... One a quarter... Big buildups... long term angles.

That's when shit was the bomb.
Agreed 1000000%