Author Topic: Is this fair?  (Read 847 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Is this fair?
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »
Free cell phone, free minutes, free texting, free 411, free voicemail, etc.

For low income people.

Near as I can tell it's a legit program.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/Home.aspx

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Is this fair?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
Qualifications:

How to Qualify
The process to qualify for Lifeline Service depends on the State you live in. In general, you may qualify if...

1.You already participate in other State or Federal assistance program such as Federal Public Housing Assistance, Food Stamps and Medicaid.
OR
2.Your total household income is at or below of the poverty guidelines set by your State and/or the Federal Government.
AND
3.No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Service through another phone carrier.
4.You have a valid United States Postal Address. In order for us to ship you your free phone you must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. Sorry, but P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.
In addition to meeting the guidelines above you will also be required to provide proof of your participation in an assistance program, or proof of your income level.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Its ridiculous.   Its more waste and abuse.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »
Its ridiculous.   Its more waste and abuse.   

Seems to me it would be cheaper just to give them a landline - assuming we should be giving them a phone at all.  I was reading a couple of blogs and they were very old very poor people.  But, you just know some able-bodied low-life is going to abuse this shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »

Seems to me it would be cheaper just to give them a landline - assuming we should be giving them a phone at all.  I was reading a couple of blogs and they were very old very poor people.  But, you just know some able-bodied low-life is going to abuse this shit.

we need to hand out shovels, pitchforks, garbage bags, brooms, mops, etc, not cell phones. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »
C'mon 240, gives us some good spin.

:D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
Why is the Federal Government paying for peoples stuff, again?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
Holy shit no...cue straw man to say its necessary and that it their constitutional right... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
Holy shit no...cue straw man to say its necessary and that it their constitutional right... ::)

TONY - CHECK OUT MY THREAD ON OBAMA THREATENING A VETO. 

This is nothing compared to what is going on, even as maddening as this is.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »
Craziness.  What, we going to buy them cars next? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »
Why is the Federal Government paying for peoples stuff, again?

Because historically the States have fallen well short of helping people.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
Craziness.  What, we going to buy them cars next? 

Yeah, that's my problem.  Torn between wanting to help the needy and where is the line drawn?  Cell phones seem to cross the line for me.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »

Yeah, that's my problem.  Torn between wanting to help the needy and where is the line drawn?  Cell phones seem to cross the line for me.

I agree. The needy don't need cell phones. Texting, really? What a colossal waste of money.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
I agree. The needy don't need cell phones. Texting, really? What a colossal waste of money.
exactly if you need money to buy a phone you arent running around you should be at home and there is no need to give them texting...they dont need that shit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
C'mon 240, gives us some good spin.

:D

LOL!  We can spin anything, my friend!!

No longer are people without bestowed economic privledge forbidden from contributing to society because they lack electronic means.  Today, thanks to this program spearheaded by Barrack Obama, millions of mothers are able to check on their latchkey children after school.  Unemployed fathers eager to put food on their dinner table can find employment opportunities online, and communicate with potential employers.  We are opening up doors for those without means to deliver their own means.  With these few meager tools, which most of us take for granted, these hard-working Americans are able to better contrinute to society.  If a $20 cell phone provides the avenue for a weekly paycheck earned, I'd say it's a win-win deal.

Unless, of course, Republicans and Speaker Boehnner would rather have these families collecting welfare because they lack the means to locate work.  Unless Eric Cantor would prefer these latchkey kids sit alone without supervision or protection, and these parents lose touch with their kids for hours each day.  

Lifeline gives a family the ability to connect, earn a living, and live the American dream.  Who among us wants to stand in the way of that kind of progress?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »
Lol.  You rarely fail to deliver the crappola when its most nneded. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
LOL.. this shit just writes itself....  Imagine Obama reading this off the teleprompter...

Here are some texts that Lifeline has allowed Americans just like you to share with one another.

"Mom, I'm home safe".

"John, we have work for you today - come down to this location."

"Son, someone will be there to pick you up."

Times of despair, hardship, and worry can be healed with just the voice of a loved one, or a simple line of text to let them know that help is on the way.  To inform there there is work to be done and paychecks to be earned so his family can eat this week.  To tell a panicked mother like Mary Thompson of Pittsburgh, PA (or any battleground state here) that her daughter is safe.

This is why Lifeline exists.  This is why I fight for it, even as the Republicans vow to take away the sense of peace that these inexpensive phones give so many Americans in need.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »
Nice 240 - great job.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »

Yeah, that's my problem.  Torn between wanting to help the needy and where is the line drawn?  Cell phones seem to cross the line for me.

I would draw the line at providing food stamps, healthcare, job assistance and training, rental payments, cash assistance, and the Earned Income Tax Credit. 

If someone wants a cell phone, they should not have one paid for with my tax dollars.