Author Topic: gaining weight  (Read 2518 times)

superman.cd

• Getbig II
  • Evybody Gidown!!!- The Oak!
gaining weight
« on: February 17, 2011, 06:27:32 AM »
Can someone give me a suggestion on how to increase my appetite so i can get my 4000 calories, and maybe give the highest calorie easiest to eat foods. I have a weak appetite and dont want all my calories from a 900 at a time shake!
Maynard is GOD!!

nunzi

• Getbig II
Re: gaining weight
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
Are u running any gear right now?  Id post this question In a diff section.

superman.cd

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 05:49:56 PM »
Yeah im taking 500mg test e and dbol 50mg a day. Is it o.k to get maybe 1500 cals from shakes, spread throughout the day?
Maynard is GOD!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »
Don't be afraid to get calories from shakes. If you're struggling with eating enough calories adding in more shakes will probably be your best bet. Once your body gets accustomed to dealing with more calories you can start substituting some of the shakes with whole food meals.

Shakes made with with oats mixed in and a little peanut butter are great additions to your diet when trying to gain weight. Also, start eating shakes with a good waxy maze or karbolyn after your training.

Last thing, the cleaner your whole food meals are throughout the day the more meals you'll be able to eat and the longer you keep eating multiple clean calorie meals the sooner you'll be able to add more of them in.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
Can someone give me a suggestion on how to increase my appetite so i can get my 4000 calories, and maybe give the highest calorie easiest to eat foods. I have a weak appetite and dont want all my calories from a 900 at a time shake!
  I DOUBT YOU NEED THAT MANY CALORIES TO GAIN

you probably need to rethink your training if you cant gain on ~2500 cals per day + ~1 gram protein per lb lean bodyweight..

eat every ~4 hours..  ~50grams protein each meal, ~15grams healthy fats, carbs depending on metabolism/goals.. usually 0 carbs except post training when cutting, and ~50grams carbs per meal +100grams post training when "bulking"

lots of water

just general guidlines.. if your a really really hard gainer you might need to eat some junk food every day or two as well

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »

i have to say... i was assuming you were not the eexception to the rule.. and now i think i may as well assume that you are the exception to the rule.. and in that case, if you really do need to take in 4000 calories because youve tried 2500, 3000, 3500 for extended periods of time and you diditn gain, then my advice would be to eat the diet i wrote about below.. 50 grams protien every 4 hours with 50 grams of carbs and 15 grams of fats.. this could be as simple as a sandwich (2 pieces of bread = 40-50carbs, throw in 8-10ounces of sliced meat, olives, avacado, olive oil, any kind of fat).. or whatever you want to eat.. and eat some junk food every now and then too... im assuming you can eat all of that food.... now, that should give you about 2500-3000 cals per day depending on how long your awake... on top of that, in order to reach 4000 caloires, i want you to drink a milkshake/smoothie with every meal. make it with whatever you want. make it about 200-250 calories. best to use healthy stuff like olive oil, fruits, healthy fats and natural carbs.

I DOUBT YOU NEED THAT MANY CALORIES TO GAIN

you probably need to rethink your training if you cant gain on ~2500 cals per day + ~1 gram protein per lb lean bodyweight..

eat every ~4 hours..  ~50grams protein each meal, ~15grams healthy fats, carbs depending on metabolism/goals.. usually 0 carbs except post training when cutting, and ~50grams carbs per meal +100grams post training when "bulking"

lots of water

just general guidlines.. if your a really really hard gainer you might need to eat some junk food every day or two as well

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 03:24:26 AM »
I never understood why some guys cant eat much....Its not that hard. I always struggle NOT to overeat...as i have a high appettite.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 03:48:32 PM »
I never understood why some guys cant eat much....Its not that hard. I always struggle NOT to overeat...as i have a high appettite.
me too

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »

Everyone is different. Some people really don't try, they might think they do but they just gorge on a big meal now and then and then wonder why they can't get hungry. Some people though honestly have a very hard time with maintaining an appetite. I can think of some pretty big men I personally know who have to force food down their throats with a gun to their head to get it down, and we're not talking about that much food.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
Everyone is different. Some people really don't try, they might think they do but they just gorge on a big meal now and then and then wonder why they can't get hungry. Some people though honestly have a very hard time with maintaining an appetite. I can think of some pretty big men I personally know who have to force food down their throats with a gun to their head to get it down, and we're not talking about that much food.
Damn..I wish i was that way.  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 03:07:08 AM »
Damn..I wish i was that way.  ;D

I go through periods where I can barely eat even when training hard then other times I'm starving around the clock it seems. Normally if my appetite slows and I'm trying to gain I'll carb deplete for 3 days...nothing but protein and a little fat in my shakes. By day 4 I'm starving and usually good for a pretty good while.

superman.cd

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 07:03:58 PM »
Well today i got 3325 cals, only 260 protien about 500 carbs and didnt count the fats, only 200 cals were simple sugar, so we will see if i can keep this up and see what happens!! Thanx guys. Had about 5 table spoons of peanut butter in there, didnt know it was that high in the cals!
Maynard is GOD!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 03:59:43 AM »
Well today i got 3325 cals, only 260 protien about 500 carbs and didnt count the fats, only 200 cals were simple sugar, so we will see if i can keep this up and see what happens!! Thanx guys. Had about 5 table spoons of peanut butter in there, didnt know it was that high in the cals!

be careful, or you'll end up fat and bloated.

IMO, better get more protein, even if it means drinking a shake more instead of a meal. You can add some oil to the shake or avocado if you have a mixer, put it right into the protein shake, tastes great.

peanut butter is often also high in sodium, you would want to watch that as well.

superman.cd

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 06:10:38 AM »
i have olive oil, is that good enough, and if so how much? About two table spoons, and what is the reason for this, the calories?
Maynard is GOD!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 03:38:10 AM »
i have olive oil, is that good enough, and if so how much? About two table spoons, and what is the reason for this, the calories?

i would get any oil that is high in omega 3 fatty acids, canola oil, flaxseed oil, hempseed oil. Sesame oil is not bad as well.

The idea is to get some calories from good fatty acids, you can also take fish oil caps instead of putting oil into the shake.

Even if you need more calories, i think it is better to try and get them from lean protein or poly-unsaturated fatty acids instead of peanut butter which is full of sugar and transfats.  ;)

bladerunner

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 04:08:24 AM »

same here..especially on test n dbol..i am always hungry

bladerunner

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 04:11:27 AM »
i would get any oil that is high in omega 3 fatty acids, canola oil, flaxseed oil, hempseed oil. Sesame oil is not bad as well.

The idea is to get some calories from good fatty acids, you can also take fish oil caps instead of putting oil into the shake.

Even if you need more calories, i think it is better to try and get them from lean protein or poly-unsaturated fatty acids instead of peanut butter which is full of sugar and transfats.  ;)

X2

if you really wanna eat peanut butter,then you should look for the natural unsalted one (usually the oil separates tends to separate) to avoid the sugars and transfats DK is rightly talking about