Author Topic: Wonder Woman heading to NBC  (Read 10757 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Wonder Woman heading to NBC
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
Wonder Woman heading to NBC

Call her invincible! After a long battle, Wonder Woman will finally be making her way to TV screens: Deadline.com reports that NBC has picked up David E. Kelley's pilot about the Amazing amazon.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/24/wonder-woman-heading-to-nbc/

Wonder Woman' actress revealed

The network has announced that "Friday Night Lights" star Adrianne Palicki will play the Amazing Amazon in David E. Kelley's upcoming "Wonder Woman" pilot.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/17/wonder-woman-actress-revealed/

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Wonder Woman heading to NBC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »
Remember what happened to the Bionic Woman reboot?  Did it even last one season?  :-\

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
What?  There was a Bionic Woman reboot?    ???

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »
What?  There was a Bionic Woman reboot?    ???

Yes.  Came out about a year ago… didn’t do very well.  They yanked it after several episodes.  If you blinked, you missed it.  It's available via Netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0880557/

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »
As long as she looks hot in the WW costume I will give it a bash

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 08:36:25 AM »
I'm disappointed as hell.
I'd always hoped they'd give the role to Nadia Bjorlin: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004294/mediaindex

Slightly more disappointing given that she's already under contract with NBC.

Nadia's even gone on record expressing interest in the part:
"I would love to play Wonder Woman; I have the abilities and the strength because I am definitely not the typical Hollywood actress. I'm Amazonian in that I am 5' 8", have curves, muscles and am very strong. I don't look like I'm going to break in half like most of these women in the industry are."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Lucy Lawless would've made a great WW years ago, when she was Xena.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »
Lucy Lawless would've made a great WW years ago, when she was Xena.

Lucy was quite edible in that series.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »
Yes.  Came out about a year ago… didn’t do very well.  They yanked it after several episodes.  If you blinked, you missed it.  It's available via Netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0880557/

Yeah, they fucked that up...and BAD.  Made her some weird whiny cnunt with this trouble maker sister or something.  Forced some weird sexual tension down our throats...UGH....

I actually suffered through "The Cape".....I kept saying "can this really get worse?".....and it did.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:53 AM »
See the First Photo of Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman
By Tara Ariano

Last month, NBC's "Wonder Woman" reboot cast its titular superheroine, with "Friday Night Lights" star Adrianne Palicki stepping into Lynda Carter's invisible plane. Today, the production has released its first image of Palicki in costume as Wonder Woman...and here she is!

As James Hibberd notes on EW.com, "NBC promises the project, if picked up to series, will offer a serious, non-campy take on the DC Comics character."

I'm not entirely sure how that pledge jibes with this image. I understand that this take on Wonder Woman's look is congruent with her costume in the comic books, but the only thing less practical for crime-fighting than vinyl leggings is a bustier (and don't even get me started on the high-heeled boots). A "serious, non-campy" vigilante has to be dressed for speed and flexibility — and, one would hope, utility.

So if this pilot — and, with it, this get-up — makes it to series, I guess we should just wish good luck to Palicki's stunt double, and to the NBC censor who's definitely going to have to spend a lot of time pixelating her costume malfunctions.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »
A clip of Adrianne from Elektra Luxx:

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »
1) There is something wrong with her hips...  :o  :o

2) Hopefully this won't be as campy as buffy the vampire slayer or etc.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
1) There is something wrong with her hips...  :o  :o

2) Hopefully this won't be as campy as buffy the vampire slayer or etc.

Not enough curves!  >:(
Wonder Woman is an amazon warrior.  She should be obviously athletic and in very good shape.  This would have been a great role for one of our IFBB fitness competitors.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »
Not enough curves!  >:(
Wonder Woman is an amazon warrior.  She should be obviously athletic and in very good shape.  This would have been a great role for one of our IFBB fitness competitors.

But let's be honest, the IFBB's fitness competitor's range of talent as far as acting is concerned  ends at Edward Penis Hands or Forest Hump, I think even Soap Opera's would be too much for them to handle.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
But let's be honest, the IFBB's fitness competitor's range of talent as far as acting is concerned  ends at Edward Penis Hands or Forest Hump, I think even Soap Opera's would be too much for them to handle.

;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »

I dunno about that.  There could be some able actors among those women.  Remember people are watching the show to see WW in action (in her outfit)... as in many Arnold films acting ability is, shall we say, less than important.  Was Linda Carter a great thespian?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
'Wonder Woman' Costume Gets an Upgrade

When "Wonder Woman" announced that Adrianne Palicki had been cast in the title role, buzz on the superhero show quickly shot through the roof. But then fans got a look at the ill-advised costume. Outrage quickly ensued. And hell hath no fury like a comic fan outraged.

The anger stemmed from Wonder Woman's shiny, rubber-like pants and high heels. It looked like a cheap version of a "sexy" Halloween costume. Fans cried out -- this is no way for a superhero, especially one of the most beloved of all time, to dress.

The blogosphere immediately went into cynical overdrive. Commenters on EW's article speculated that the show would be canceled in a matter of weeks. SlashFilm wrote that the outfit did little to inspire confidence in the show's prospects.

Apparently the producers of the show were listening. Some photos of the actress on the set have surfaced, and eagle-eyed fans quickly spotted the changes to Wonder Woman's threads. The shiny pants have been replaced by a more natural-looking fabric. Her footwear has gone through a transformation as well. The bright boots, which were once blue, are now red. And, even more important, no more high heels.

But even though some of Wonder Woman's outfit has changed, much of it remains the same. The red bustier is still intact as are her trademark tiara and lasso of truth. Time will tell if these modest changes to Wonder Woman's threads have a positive effect on the show when it premieres on NBC this fall.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »

NICE! ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 09:56:56 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 06:46:19 AM »
 :(

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 09:40:09 PM »
Maybe not.  :o

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=37189

CONFIRMED: Wonder Woman Pilot Rejected By NBC!

Mixed reviews and negative fan feedback have seemingly put the final nail in the coffin of the planned Wonder Woman TV show, with Entertainment Weekly revealing that NBC have passed on the pilot...
When the costume was first revealed, the negative feedback from fans was overwhelming. While a slightly redesigned version was met a little more positively, it would appear that the Amazonian princesses outfit is the least of her worries, as NBC have passed on the pilot. Here is an excerpt from the report over at Entertainment Weekly. More details can be found by clicking on the link below to head on over to the site.

Well that was fun (to make fun of) while it lasted. EW has learned that NBC passed on the much buzzed-about Wonder Woman pilot from David E. Kelley and Warner Bros. TV.

Why did the ‘ol girl fail to pass muster?

NBC isn’t saying for now but scuttlebutt reveals the pilot earned mixed reviews at test screenings. And then there was all the online blow back about the costume – which seemed to de-emphasize the patriotism and play up the comic’s Greek mythology. Ultimately, the wardrobe department went back to the drawing board but that didn’t seem to save the project.

I'm no expert when it comes to what happens next, but as with that Aquaman pilot a few years back, it looks like we can say goodbye to the chances of seeing Wonder Woman on the small screen. Whether this will damage the characters chances of making it to the big screen is unclear. What do you guys think about this? Be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:46 PM »

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 03:57:06 AM »
I will watch.

Who doesnt love strong sexy woman?

cmon tv goons give us something non emo hippy