Author Topic: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread  (Read 63645 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread
« Reply #275 on: December 23, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »
he leads 7 because most of the other 7 are actual conservatives.

It'd be a shame if, like 2008 and 2012, we saw a moderate squeak in, even if he doesn't represent what the majority of repub base voters want.

but it'll probably happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:24 AM »
Christie, Clinton tied in new presidential poll
By Peter Sullivan

A new CNN poll finds that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are essentially tied in a potential 2016 presidential matchup.

Christie gets the support of 48 percent of registered voters, a 2-point lead over Clinton's 46 percent, but one that is within the poll's 3-point margin of error.

The CNN poll is the third national poll this month to show the two current leading presidential prospects in a tie. A Public Policy Polling survey gave Christie 45 percent to Clinton's 42, and a Quinnipiac poll gave Christie 42 to Clinton's 41.
The close numbers at this early stage indicate that Christie could prove much more competitive against Clinton than other potential 2016 Republican contenders.

The next-closest Republican is Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the former vice presidential nominee whose star may have risen from his role in the recent bipartisan budget deal. Clinton leads him by 8 points in the poll.

She beats Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) by 13 points, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee by 15, Texas Gov. Rick Perry by 17, and freshman Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) by 18. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and former Sen. Rick Santorum are both down 19. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is down the most of the listed options, at 21 points.

Christie is the only Republican who wins suburbanites and older voters against Clinton, according to the poll. Christie also wins six in 10 independents. Not surprisingly, there is a stark difference in support between genders, with men backing Christie by 14 points and women going for Clinton by 10 points.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/194044-christie-clinton-tied-again-in-new-presidential-poll

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: December 27, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
the base won't come out to vote/donate for Christie.

Ask presidents Romney & Mccain.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
Fat Man has a target on his back. 

Christie's Star Dims as Stories of Bullying, Double Dealing Emerge
Monday, 30 Dec 2013
By Sandy Fitzgerald

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is still a favorite in presidential polls, but the popular politician is already being singled out by Democrats and in the national media before he has announced his future intentions.

"It's all a setup," Michael Steele, who chaired the Republican National Committee in 2009, when Christie first ran for governor, told The Daily Beast. "It's unbelievable. It says to me that there are interests in the media and in politics who don’t want the status quo to change, and who actually like this red/blue politics crisis-management model."

Just two months ago, Christie beat Democratic opponent Barbara Buono by a 21-point margin. Since then, polls have shown him in a virtual tied race with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for the presidency, with a CNN survey showing him as being slightly ahead.

The media attacks did not come far behind his second-term win. Last week, a front page article in The New York Times painted Christie as a bully who uses his political power to get revenge against his enemies.

Among several complaints, The Times article included the "Bridgegate" scandal, which targets Christie as being behind closing access lanes from Fort Lee, N.J. on to the George Washington Bridge. The lanes were shut down for four days after the city's Democratic mayor refused to back Christie's re-election campaign, and two Port Authority officials have resigned their posts over the issue.

In addition, the book "Double Down" was released just before the November election, using details from former presidential candidate Mitt Romney's vice presidential vetting team. The book painted Christie as being a politician who did favors for his allies and lobbied for business interests of people like Bernie Madoff.

Christie loyalists say that the governor is used to media scrutiny. One aide said that he's also not surprised when "media outlets and Democratic organizations make him a target."

Steele said such negative coverage plays itself out in many ways, "sometimes aided by the main target, sometimes by subordinates or opposition camps. There’s a tendency to reach that turning point so that the knives come out and the new narrative begins."

However, it's not just the liberal media that has turned against Christie. Conservative commentator Glenn Beck recently blasted Christie during an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan, calling the New Jersey Republican "a fat nightmare" and labeling him as a "progressive."

Some of the scrutiny also started in November 2012, when Christie hugged President Barack Obama after Superstorm Sandy, which experts say will likely haunt him if he runs for the presidency.

But even with the negative coverage, Steele said, Christie "is the same guy today as he was when he sat in my office when I was national chairman during his first bid for the governorship of New Jersey . . . He’s still the same breath of fresh air, the same guy who can create a new narrative for the Republican Party and the country, which is longing and starving for it."

Steele says Christie needs to be sure he doesn't become his "own worst enemy" and fuel
new headlines.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chris-christie-bullying-deals-double-down/2013/12/30/id/544373#ixzz2oz8AZZLv

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2014, 11:23:02 AM »
So a scandal breaks, and the guy who is ultimately responsible, because the buck stops with him, takes immediate action by firing those involved.  Obama should take notes from Fat Man.  That's what a leader does. 

Christie apologizes over lane closures, fires top aide
Published January 09, 2014
FoxNews.com

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie publicly apologized Thursday for controversial lane closures last year that were arranged by his associates as an apparent act of political revenge, and fired a top aide who was at the center of the scandal.

"I come out here to apologize to the people of New Jersey," he said. "I am embarrassed and humiliated."

The governor added: "I am stunned by the abject stupidity that was shown here."

The governor is trying to get a handle on the scandal, which could threaten the potential 2016 presidential candidate's political aspirations. He's also facing various legal inquiries. The U.S. attorney's office in New Jersey confirmed Thursday that it is now "reviewing" the matter to "determine whether a federal law was implicated."

Christie stressed Thursday that he was not involved and that while his political style is tough, "I am not a bully." He said repeatedly that he was betrayed by his staff.

Christie maintained that, until this week, he did not know his staff was involved in the incident last September, when lanes at the George Washington Bridge from Fort Lee, N.J., were closed for four days. For months, Christie faced accusations the lanes were blocked in retaliation over Mayor Mark Sokolich's refusal to endorse him for re-election last November.

Christie repeatedly denied the charges, until emails surfaced Wednesday showing the governor's deputy chief of staff, Bridget Anne Kelly, played a role.

"I was blind-sided," Christie said Thursday, claiming Kelly "lied" to him when he asked senior staffers weeks ago about the lane closures.

He said he has fired Kelly, "effective immediately." He also cracked down on his former campaign manager, Bill Stepien, for his involvement in the incident.

Christie said Stepien will no longer be considered for state GOP chairman, and he will have to end a consulting contract with the Republican Governor's Association, which Christie leads.

Christie plans to travel to Fort Lee later Thursday to apologize to the mayor, and the town's residents.

Meanwhile, Christie confidant and ex-Port Authority official David Wildstein, who was deeply involved in the closures, had been set to testify Thursday at a state legislative hearing. But he told a state assembly panel he was asserting his right not to speak.

"On the advice of counsel, I assert my right to remain silent," Wildstein said in response to several questions, shortly after Christie ended his press conference on the controversy.

Wednesday's report fueled Democratic complaints that the closures were political retribution against the local mayor. The local scandal threatens to become a national headache for Christie as he weighs a possible presidential run in 2016.

Before Christie's press conference, the Democratic National Committee called on Christie to give the public more than "his customary bluster and deflection."

"It's time that the so-called 'straight talking' governor takes some of his own advice - and he can do that by cooperating with all investigations surrounding the politically-motivated lane closures and ensuring his staff and associates do the same," a DNC spokesman said.

The New York Times and Bergen County Record reported that emails show his deputy chief of staff suggested closures to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey two weeks before the incident.

"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," she wrote to Wildstein, according to the Times. At the time, Wildstein was on the Port Authority; he has since resigned.

The George Washington Bridge, which connects New Jersey and New York City, is one of the most heavily traveled commuter routes in the country, handling nearly 300,000 vehicles a day. The closures in September caused massive gridlock, leaving commuters stuck in traffic for hours.

It was the Port Authority that ordered the closures, claiming they were part of a traffic study.

The email messages also reportedly showed New Jersey officials reacting after the closings were reversed.

"The New York side gave Fort Lee back all three lanes this morning. We are appropriately going nuts," Wildstein reportedly wrote to Kelly. "[Port Authority Chairman David] Samson helping us to retaliate."

Rep. Bill Pascrell, D-N.J., said Wednesday that his constituents "were put in jeopardy because of some jerk who made a decision."

Though Christie denies involvement, Democrats have tried to use the incident to undercut his image as a bipartisan problem-solver -- amid expectations that he may run for president in 2016.   

Republican operative Hogan Gidley told The Associated Press that even if Christie navigates the current controversy well,  the issue would likely come back to haunt him during a presidential run.

"I don't necessarily think it's Christie's policy that's going to ultimately catapult or sink his campaign; I think it's his personality," said Gidley, a senior adviser to 2012 presidential candidate Rick Santorum.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/09/christie-faces-political-traffic-jam-as-confidant-set-to-testify-on-lane/

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
Glenn Beck dissed him this morning.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
Well whatever you think...he came out took blame..fired who he had to and smoked that news conference. Unlike the douche in the Whitehouse who would have humed and hawed and blamed everybody else. The media is funny....covering this shit while ignoring all the crap Obama and his band of criminals has done. Gotta save Hil's ass early...
L

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2014, 12:19:45 PM »
That fat bastard is TOAST.

Of course, he had little chance to become president anyway. On the oft chance that he did make it to the White House, we would just end up with an expensive funeral when the guy keels over at his desk ala former Chicago Mayor Harold Washington. Or...Gandolfini. :-X

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
What if it turns out there was a legitimate reason for the traffic study but the folks in his office thought it was kinda funny that the study would fuck with the guy across the bridge...not really his fault is it. The hysteria is all about knocking down another of Hil's rivals. CNN is all in a tizzy about this....
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2014, 12:27:56 PM »
Still nothing compared to obamacare, Benghazi, irs, solyndra, NSA, etc

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
They're frothing on CNN...its ridiculous. I was paying zero attention to this until they started their hysterical nonsense.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
They're frothing on CNN...its ridiculous. I was paying zero attention to this until they started their hysterical nonsense.

Of course. Anything to kill the chances of a potential GOP presidential nominee.

But, I don't remember such ruckus from the libtards when Benghazi occurred and in the center of it all was Hillary Clinton. The most overrated Secretary of State ever.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
Well whatever you think...he came out took blame..fired who he had to and smoked that news conference. Unlike the douche in the Whitehouse who would have humed and hawed and blamed everybody else. The media is funny....covering this shit while ignoring all the crap Obama and his band of criminals has done. Gotta save Hil's ass early...

Exactly.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »
I think he did a good job...but hell after 2 hours what didn't he cover. I guess he could have lit himself on fire..maybe the self righteous media idiots would have excepted that. Now will get 2 weeks of this crap with who covered what, how much etc. Fox said this or that, MSNBC will have fat Al Sharpton in an orange safety vest report from the bridge.
L

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2014, 12:59:31 PM »
hahaha

Boy are you STUPID. ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #290 on: January 09, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »
I think he did a good job...but hell after 2 hours what didn't he cover. I guess he could have lit himself on fire..maybe the self righteous media idiots would have excepted that. Now will get 2 weeks of this crap with who covered what, how much etc. Fox said this or that, MSNBC will have fat Al Sharpton in an orange safety vest report from the bridge.

:D :D :D :D :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »
He was in a white lab coat talking about global warming....come on that dude is a disgrace.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2014, 01:11:47 PM »
He was in a white lab coat talking about global warming....come on that dude is a disgrace.

hahaha tooo much, don't watch him

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »
Well...

He DIDNT take blame.  Well, he first denied it even happened.  Then, I believe there was something about it being part of a traffic experiment/study?

THEN, reporters dug up the emails, and THAT is when they discovered it was intentional, and only THEN did Christie "take credit" by blaming that employee and firing her.

I guess NEXT, when the employee says she was ordered to write that email by Christie or his top circle, we'll hear another version of the story, right?

See, I'm cool if he owned that shit the minute it happened.  That is acceptable.  but continuing to change the story each time he is caught further, well, that's pretty hermann cain-esque. 

For me, the kicker is that my sister-in-law came over today asking about the story - she is now interested in it, which means the average american is interested in it.  She doesn't watch any cable news.  When she asks about a story, I know the busy moms that watch american idol and Dexter are suddenly aware of it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »
So did Limbaugh...

If they are willing to crucify him, then they must have someone else they want to step up.

IMO, they know more about the story than is being reported in the media.

Beck was all over benghazi and scott brown 41 long before everyone else.   They hear things they can't report.

For BOTH of these top repub voices to attack Christie, IMO, it means there's more to the story than we are hearing today.  Already, the story has evolved. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2014, 04:10:21 AM »
"What did I do to deserve to be treated like this, where people think it's okay to lie to me?" - Chris Christie.

He's no longer the tough MFer that people loved.  He's playing the victim now.  Perhaps it is his effort to distance himself from the drama, but it's impossible to believe he had such little control, oversight, or understanding of what his staff was doing in midst of a state crisis.  Newpapers have been asking for weeks "Who is to blame" and he never once asked his staff what happened. 

Either he's lying, or he was employing the "see no evil" strategy of situational mgmt.  You don't see this kind of drama out of the Rand Paul camp.  He has his shit together.  Look, we can all try to justify Christie's lack of institutional control (at best) if he wins the nomination.  But at this point, he's just another potential repub candidate... and looking pretty shitty a one at this point.

The NJ State Atty is starting an investigation.  Such a weird and minor yet damaging story.  Weird all around.  He just keeps saying he believed it was a traffic study.  It never existed.  Three or four people resign from your close circle... and you never even ask "what exactly was this traffic study?"    Not believable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2014, 04:15:51 AM »
"What did I do to deserve to be treated like this, where people think it's okay to lie to me?" - Chris Christie.

He's no longer the tough MFer that people loved.  He's playing the victim now.  Perhaps it is his effort to distance himself from the drama, but it's impossible to believe he had such little control, oversight, or understanding of what his staff was doing in midst of a state crisis.  Newpapers have been asking for weeks "Who is to blame" and he never once asked his staff what happened. 

Either he's lying, or he was employing the "see no evil" strategy of situational mgmt.  You don't see this kind of drama out of the Rand Paul camp.  He has his shit together.  Look, we can all try to justify Christie's lack of institutional control (at best) if he wins the nomination.  But at this point, he's just another potential repub candidate... and looking pretty shitty a one at this point.

The NJ State Atty is starting an investigation.  Such a weird and minor yet damaging story.  Weird all around.  He just keeps saying he believed it was a traffic study.  It never existed.  Three or four people resign from your close circle... and you never even ask "what exactly was this traffic study?"    Not believable.

Notice how the left wing media he sucked up to now are killing him as are the leftists?   Yeah - he brought that on himself and no gop people are going to defend him.   That is what he gets for sucking up to O-Terrorist

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:18 AM »
Notice how the left wing media he sucked up to now are killing him as are the leftists?   Yeah - he brought that on himself and no gop people are going to defend him.   That is what he gets for sucking up to O-Terrorist

agreed.  He was all over obama's jock during Hurricane Sandy and has gone out of his way to put his thumb in the eye of repubs   Now, I think only 1 or 2 Repubs governors have stood up to support him?  Out of 30?  

They know there is more to come.  He's like political poison right now.  And it's nice to see the repubs letting the RINO sink.  He's been stealing airwaves from Rand and Cruz.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
people are tired of hearing about obamacare; Benghazi is old news [ until the CIA fesses up to its actions ] and the IRS is boring. Now, little kids stuff on school buses wetting their pants cause their late for school, old ladies dying in ambulances { quick, you're a lawyer, chase that case down! } that is much more interesting.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: January 10, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »

I think we can agree that both Christie & Obama are not worthy of the White House.