Author Topic: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread  (Read 63562 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Wait, you're not saying that when you quoted 240's post where he gave reasons why Christie would be a poor choice to represent Repubs because of his lack of electability and wrote, "Says the person who voted for Obama.", you were just responding to a post that you couldn't make sense of, are you?

Because I follow what you're saying about there being too many variables at this time to reasonably compare the electability of Obama in 2008 & 2012 to Christie in 2016 (though you're using the word "meaningless' too casually) but do you get that when you posed your one sentence quip in response to his thoughtful post that YOU were the one doing the comparing of the electability?

BTW, I'm no partisan hack.  I voted for Obama in 2008 but not in 2012, you'll likely be surprised to learn.

What I was doing was highlighting his abject dishonesty and disingenuousness when it comes to claiming to be a Republican.  It's quite the pastime. 

Yes, you are a partisan hack.  Partisan hacks often have trouble realizing they are partisan hacks, so I don't expect you to own it.

You voted for Romney in 2012?  That would absolutely surprise me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »
How does that help your point at all?

Seems to me that 240 is talking about electability.

And Obama, whatever his faults serving as president, is/was roughly 2 zillion times more electable than Christie.

So, while Christie might make a good president, he's a bad bet to ever be voted in as one, given the reasons that 240 has cited.

C'mon, BB.  This makes sense to you, doesn't it?

Attacking me is easier than admitting Christie is a hugely flawed RINO that had MANY liberal positions/votes in the past.

It'll make supporting him in primaries because "he's so electable" easier.  So I can understand that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »
No candidate is either a lock or unelectable at this point.  Too much can happen.

I don't know what could happen to make tea partiers wish for a dude with as much liberal baggage as Christie.

And the base doesn't want RINOs these days.  They don't show up to vote for romneys or mccains anymore.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2014, 11:30:17 AM »
What I was doing was highlighting his abject dishonesty and disingenuousness when it comes to claiming to be a Republican.  It's quite the pastime. 

Yes, you are a partisan hack.  Partisan hacks often have trouble realizing they are partisan hacks, so I don't expect you to own it.

You voted for Romney in 2012?  That would absolutely surprise me.

Well, if not thinking I'm a partisan hack is evidence of my partisan hackery, I guess ya got me!  LOL!!  

I don't think you can conclusively say that 240 isn't a Republican.  

You can say that he likes to point out inconsistencies with what others believe, I think.  (Sheesh, many here like to do this, including me -- Personally, I've always been a contrarian.)

Not sure why you think a Republican can't criticize the positions of other Republicans.  That, after all, fairly screams partisan hackery.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »
I don't know what could happen to make tea partiers wish for a dude with as much liberal baggage as Christie.

And the base doesn't want RINOs these days.  They don't show up to vote for romneys or mccains anymore.

Oh stop it already.  You don't care which Republican becomes the nominee.  You know you're voting for Hillary anyway (or whichever other Democrat wins the nomination). 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Well, if not thinking I'm a partisan hack is evidence of my partisan hackery, I guess ya got me!  LOL!!  

I don't think you can conclusively say that 240 isn't a Republican.  

You can say that he likes to point out inconsistencies with what others believe, I think.  (Sheesh, many here like to do this, including me -- Personally, I've always been a contrarian.)

Not sure why you think a Republican can't criticize the positions of other Republicans.  That, after all, fairly screams partisan hackery.

I cannot conclusively say anything about anyone posting on this board, because I don't know anyone on this board in real life. 

What I can say, based on reading and posting for years, is certain people appear to be liberal, conservative, independent, smart, dumb, etc.  That doesn't mean they act that way in real life.  This board is not real life.  It is entertainment. 

I did not say Republicans cannot criticize the positions of other Republicans, but you have a habit of making stuff up.  There is nothing wrong with Republicans criticizing other Republicans, although that does violate the Eleventh Commandment.   

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »
None of this matters as Chris Christie's candidacy is dead and buried,...virtually still born.   The people who were interested in backing him with $$$ have moved on in favor of Jeb Bush.   Jeb Bush is an interesting guy...popular former swing state governor...great on environmental issues...strong track record in school reform..hell, if his name was Smith, he'd probably been elected in 2008 or certainly 2012.  He's the reverse image of Hillary!!!.  The only reason she has a snowball's chance in hell of being elected (and that literally is her only chance) is her last name...well her married name.   The only thing holding Bush back is his last name.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2014, 10:50:22 PM »
I cannot conclusively say anything about anyone posting on this board, because I don't know anyone on this board in real life. 

What I can say, based on reading and posting for years, is certain people appear to be liberal, conservative, independent, smart, dumb, etc.  That doesn't mean they act that way in real life.  This board is not real life.  It is entertainment. 

I did not say Republicans cannot criticize the positions of other Republicans, but you have a habit of making stuff up.  There is nothing wrong with Republicans criticizing other Republicans, although that does violate the Eleventh Commandment.   

A "habit" of making stuff up?  THAT sounds made up to me. 

OK, if that's true, then name 3 things you think I've made up. 

If it's a habit of mine, as you're alleging, then you shouldn't even have to do any searching of my past posts but I say go ahead and search 'em, open-book style.

Hey, don't put yourself out too much trying to back up what you say, just name 2 instances where I've "made stuff up".  Pretty please?

Seriously, BB, I think you often don't read what's written closely enough.  By me or by anybody. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2014, 06:01:31 AM »
There is nothing wrong with Republicans criticizing other Republicans, although that does violate the Eleventh Commandment.   

thanks to the internet, repubs cannot play the middle ground to a national audience, after playing extremist for base donor dollars.   YouTube shows him/her taking position A on this date, and position B on this date... zero wiggle room, zero deniability, zero credibility with serious swing voters.

Dems, libs, they're all the same... they unite quickly because their positions on issues don't vary much.  Hilary and Obama took it to the wire, and they were nearly identical on positions.  It was just about who is better suited, etc.  They start lib, lean a little centrist, but are very solid with the liberal wedge issues.

For repubs, the voters have a HUGE gap on positions with candidates.  I mean, look at Romney... a candidate that can support manmade climate change, sign anti-gun legislation, allow amnesty cities, tax like crazy, etc - Then with a straight face, call himself "severely conservative" and repubs agreed with him.

With the dems, obama was a lib - voted MOST liberal, right?  and he rode the lib positions right to the white house. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »
A "habit" of making stuff up?  THAT sounds made up to me. 

OK, if that's true, then name 3 things you think I've made up. 

If it's a habit of mine, as you're alleging, then you shouldn't even have to do any searching of my past posts but I say go ahead and search 'em, open-book style.

Hey, don't put yourself out too much trying to back up what you say, just name 2 instances where I've "made stuff up".  Pretty please?

Seriously, BB, I think you often don't read what's written closely enough.  By me or by anybody. 

::)  You want two?  Here you go:

1.  Falsely claiming I said Elizabeth Warren was unelectable. 

Because leftwing liberals do not make good presidents. 

Even if that were true, didn't you say "unelectable"? 

No. 

I'd like to think she is unelectable, but after we put Obama in the White House twice, anything is possible. 

2.  Falsely claiming you read the Hobby Lobby decision, making a complete fool of yourself. 

Read the opinion and get back to me Simpleton Simon. 

I've read Kennedy's and the dissent by Ginsburg.

How about you?  Have you read any of it, LayZ-B?

I only mentioned it because BB told me to read the opinion and get back to him (as if that old coot has read anything more substantial than a Fox News article...)

So, Simpleton Simon, you read a concurring opinion and dissenting opinion, but not the majority opinion?  About what I expected.

If you had read the majority opinion, a few paragraphs in you would have read this:  "Since RFRA applies in these cases, we must decide whether the challenged HHS regulations substantially burden the exercise of religion, and we hold that they do." 

The "exercise of religion" is the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment.  So yes, the First Amendment Free Exercise Clause is alive and well for a day. 

Now, I want that five minutes of my life back.  I'm not doing that again.  Just know that when I say something, there is usually some substance behind it. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #360 on: July 02, 2014, 03:39:10 PM »
::)  You want two?  Here you go:

1.  Falsely claiming I said Elizabeth Warren was unelectable. 

Whoa, BB, I didn't claim you said she was unelectable.  Even from your quotes one can see that.  I asked you if you said she was unelectable (because you'd said something similar to that).

Are you a child rapist?  (Answer is "No", I'm 99% sure.)  That's not the same thing as claiming that you are. 

(Although asking an outrageous question like that WOULD be out of line, sure, but it's not the same as claiming that you are a child rapist.  lol)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2014, 03:59:30 PM »
Whoa, BB, I didn't claim you said she was unelectable.  Even from your quotes one can see that.  I asked you if you said she was unelectable (because you'd said something similar to that).

Are you a child rapist?  (Answer is "No", I'm 99% sure.)  That's not the same thing as claiming that you are. 

(Although asking an outrageous question like that WOULD be out of line, sure, but it's not the same as claiming that you are a child rapist.  lol)

So you're going to double down on stupid?  I never said she was unelectable, as my quote clearly shows.  You tried to attribute that word to me, completely out of context.  That's what some dishonest liberals do.  But whatever.  You're starting to bore me. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2014, 04:07:22 PM »
So you're going to double down on stupid?  I never said she was unelectable, as my quote clearly shows.  You tried to attribute that word to me, completely out of context.  That's what some dishonest liberals do.  But whatever.  You're starting to bore me. 

Attiribute my ass.  You USED the word unelectable in regard to Elizabeth Warren ("I'd like to think she's unelectable...").

And I ASKED you if that's what you said.  I did not go around saying, "Oh, BB is claiming that...blah, blah, blah.."

That's not making shit up.  Not sure what else to tell ya. 

Man, why so pissy lately?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »
Chris Christie feels the love in Iowa
The Washington Examiner
Published July 18, 2014

MARION, Iowa -- At 3 p.m. on a Thursday, well after any lunch rush had come and gone, MJ's Restaurant in Marion was teeming with activity.

Local Republicans filled seats at nearly bare tables -- a coffee mug here, an iced tea there -- and dozens of reporters loitered, all waiting to see Gov. Terry Branstad and his potential-future-presidential-candidate guest, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, making his first trip to Iowa since 2012.

The whole scene initially felt like an awkward first date: Iowa Republicans, still puzzling over what went wrong in their last presidential election, being wooed by an attractive new suitor and urged to move on.

Vic Klopfenstein had ended up at this particular lunch joint by coincidence and decided to stay for the spectacle, but he was still hung up on a former flame.

“Is there a rumor mill out east about Mitt Romney running?” Klopfenstein, a former Marion mayor, asked. “Or the two of them together…” He trailed off wistfully, considering a Romney-Christie ticket. “They'd be unstoppable.”

A large share of Iowa Republicans still have reservations about Christie, and one-third have already decided they dislike him, an NBC News/Marist poll released Thursday showed.

“That's not bad,” Christie said when confronted with those numbers. “I'll take it.”

Click for more from The Washington Examiner

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/18/chris-christie-feels-love-in-iowa/?intcmp=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2014, 09:03:26 AM »
Astorino Suggests Christie Should Step Down as Chair of RGA
By Ross Barkan | 07/22/14

Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino suggested today that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie should stop campaigning for governors nationwide if he can’t back New York’s GOP contender.

Mr. Astorino said that Mr. Christie, a fellow Republican, should consider stepping down as chairman of the Republican Governors Association if he doesn’t actively support, as Mr. Christie suggested yesterday, Mr. Astorino’s long-shot bid against Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

“I think Chris Christie forgot where he came from. In 2009 when nobody thought he’d beat Gov. Corzine. He worked hard, he got through the summer, things changed dramatically in the fall and he won an upset just like I did in Westchester,” Mr. Astorino told the Observer at a campaign event in Manhattan today.

“If Chris Christie is unable to support Republican candidates for governor like me in a neighboring state for whatever reason–because a lot has changed since Bridgegate, I don’t know if there’s a connection with he and Andrew Cuomo on Bridgegate or if Cuomo has something that he’s holding back, information that could be damaging to the governor–if Gov. Christie is unable to help a Republican candidate for governor, maybe he should consider stepping down as chairman of the RGA,” Mr. Astorino continued. “That’s his job, to go around the country … I would welcome the governor to come here to New York to assist us.”

Mr. Christie, who has seen his own presidential ambitions take a hit after the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal, told reporters yesterday that the RGA wouldn’t invest in “landslides” and “lost causes” when he was questioned about Mr. Astorino’s campaign. Polls show the Westchester County executive consistently trailing Mr. Cuomo by nearly 40 points.

With little name recognition statewide and a war chest that pales in comparison to Mr. Cuomo’s–the governor has $35 million cash on hand compared to Mr. Astorino’s $2.4 million–Mr. Astorino is seen as unlikely to topple Mr. Cuomo. But the Republican has been running an aggressive race against Mr. Cuomo, accusing him of corrupting the state and driving residents away with poor economic policies.

Mr. Astorino did insist that he and Mr. Christie have a “good relationship,” but said it was not Mr. Christie’s “role” to dismiss Mr. Astorino’s chances.

“Maybe it’s inconvenient to come over the bridge to New York to help the Republican candidate for governor here,” he said. “But you know what? That’s his call whether he wants to or not … it’s incumbent upon him to help all of us.”

Mr. Christie declined to comment. The RGA did not immediately return requests for comment.

http://observer.com/2014/07/astorino-suggests-christie-should-step-down-as-chair-of-rga/#ixzz38JA4Bfob

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »
 :o  Fat Man has a lot of work to do. 

Poll: Christie trails Clinton in New Jersey
Posted: Aug 06, 2014 2:40 AM HST
Updated: Aug 06, 2014 2:41 AM HST

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - Gov. Chris Christie trails former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton among New Jersey voters surveyed in a poll about the 2016 presidential race.

The Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday shows Clinton leading the Republican governor 50 to 42 percent. Both are considering 2016 runs but haven't committed.

The poll also shows Clinton with strong support among women New Jersey voters surveyed. Men are divided. Clinton has a slight edge among independent voters.

New Jersey voters give the Democrat a 60-38 percent favorability rating while they're evenly split at 47 percent for Christie.

Forty-nine percent say Christie should stay home compared to 46 percent who say he should run for president.

The poll of 1,148 voters has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.

http://www.my9nj.com/story/26210577/poll-christie-trails-clinton-in-new-jersey

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: August 06, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »
:o  Fat Man has a lot of work to do. 

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - Gov. Chris Christie trails former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton among New Jersey voters surveyed in a poll about the 2016 presidential race.

The Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday shows Clinton leading the Republican governor 50 to 42 percent. Both are considering 2016 runs but haven't committed.

The poll also shows Clinton with strong support among women New Jersey voters surveyed. Men are divided. Clinton has a slight edge among independent voters.

I think nationwide, women voters are going to dislike Christie.  He's had quite a few really rude comments.  Repub men may view it as tough and hilarious and fitting... but moderate women voters?  No way.   

The repub base rejects him.  Moderate women reject him.   IMO, if repubs choose him, they're making the nomination harder than it has to be.  It's like in 2012... why choose the Repub candidate with a history of supporting lib positions?  Dude signed one of the strictest gun bills in US history... and you use HIM to ride the tea party  momentum of 18 months earlier?  LOL What the F?   

Repubs, don't overthink this.  Choose a good candidate and defeat hilary.  now, all the morons, roll your eyes on 3, 2, 1...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: August 15, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »
Looks like Fat Man is losing weight.   :o

Christie 'thinking about' 2016 bid
By Jesse Byrnes
August 15, 2014, 01:26 pm

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told an Ocean City, Md., town hall Thursday that he was considering running for president in 2016.

"I'm thinking about it," Christie said in response to a question from a local supporter, according to The Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J.

“It is an enormous decision to make not only for me, but my family,” Christie said, according to the newspaper, saying he would make his decision "probably by the end of this year or the beginning of next."

Christie, who has traveled nationally as chairman of the Republican Governors Association, has long been considered a likely candidate for president in 2016 and is among the top contenders, according to polls. He's had to deal this year with the fallout from his administration's role in lane closures on the George Washington Bridge.

He joked about why he wasn't asked about 2016 sooner at the event.

“Third question in, you people are slow,” he reportedly said.

Christie also criticized President Obama's handling of the border crisis and healthcare reform, The Star-Ledger reported.

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/215262-christie-thinking-about-2016-bid

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:16 PM »
some people just look better fat.  he's not aging well.  looks like 2012 may have really been his window.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: October 01, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »
Chris Christie accuses 'Bridgegate' panel of playing politics
Posted by
CNN's Steve Kastenbaum

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had harsh words Thursday for the committee investigating allegations of abuse of power and the orchestrated lane closures at the George Washington Bridge, known to many as the "Bridgegate" scandal.

"It's absolutely not true and it is a completely, a completely partisan act to be doing the leaking that they are doing," he said in response to a reporter's question about claims that his lawyers would not hand over certain documents, citing executive privilege.

The governor lambasted Democratic New Jersey Assemblyman John Wisniewski, co-chairman of the Select Committee on Investigation, saying he wanted to keep his name in the newspapers and his face on TV.

"We have fully cooperated, absolutely fully cooperated with them, and I am really growing tired of him," Christie said at a news conference in Trenton, New Jersey.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/18/chris-christie-accuses-bridgegate-panel-of-playing-politics/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: November 05, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »
Good job Fat Man.

Chris Christie's RGA scores wins in Florida, Wisconsin, Illinois
By Matt Arco and Claude Brodesser-Akner | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on November 05, 2014 at 12:30 AM, updated November 05, 2014 at 7:30 AM

WOODBRIDGE — It was expensive, nasty, and exceptionally close — but a win is a win: Florida Incumbent Gov. Rick Scott defeated his Democratic challenger in a race Gov. Chris Christie kept a close eye on.

Scott won another term against Democratic challenger Charlie Crist, thanks in no small measure to enormous funding from the Republican Governors Association, which Christie chairs.

The $19 million spent in Florida by the RGA marked not only the single-largest expenditure ever made by the group, but also helped make the contest the most costly midterm election race in the nation. Some $100 million flowed into dueling TV commercials between Scott and his challenger. In all, Christie visited the state eight times in the last year and attending about 20 campaign events. The win in Florida is part of a trifecta of hotly contested governorships, including Wisconsin and Illinois, identified by Christie as crucial to any Republican candidate winning the presidency in 2016. “Would you rather have Rick Scott in Florida overseeing the voting mechanism, or Charlie Crist? Would you rather have Scott Walker in Wisconsin overseeing the voting mechanism, or would you rather have Mary Burke? Who would you rather have in Ohio, John Kasich or Ed FitzGerald?” he asked. In the end, all three of those Republican gubernatorial candidates — Scott in Florida, Walker in Wisconsin, and Bruce Rauner in Illinois — prevailed. Walker, who benefited from more than $8 million from the GOP, could also be a potential future rival. Like Christie, Walker is expected to be mulling a 2016 White House bid. Christie congratulated Walker, who he campaigned for during his first gubernatorial and again when Walker faced a recall election, for winning “for the third time in four years.”

“Wisconsin rewarded bold leadership and the real results it yield,” Christie said in a statement, adding the Republican will “will continue to take Wisconsin in the right direction in his second term.”

Christie appeared on the campaign trail in Wisconsin twice in recent months. During a September visit, Christie took aim at public worker unions, saying they wanted to make an example of Walker by outsing him on Election Day because he did “tough things to put taxpayers first.”

It was a mixed bag for Christie shortly after midnight on Tuesday.

Christie, who campaigned coast-to-coast to elect Republican governors for the past ten months as chairman of the Republican Governors Association, scored some big victories and was dealt a few setbacks as votes continued to be tallied in some of the 36 states where people went to the polls to elect governors.

Republicans controlled 20 states and Democrats were elected in seven states – 9 states were still undecided.

The GOP won in South Carolina, Ohio, Arkansas, South Dakota, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Florida, New Mexico, Illinois, Arizona, Wisconsin, Georgia, Nevada, Maryland and Michigan.

Christie spent a lot of time and the RGA invested a record-breaking amount in Florida’s gubernatorial contest. Meanwhile, candidates in South Carolina and Iowa sailed to victory as expected.

Christie touched down in Iowa four times in recent months and twice in South Carolina. Iowa is home to the nation’s first presidential caucus and South Carolina holds the first presidential primary in the South.

Democrats controlled Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, New York, California, Minnesota, Oregon and Rhode Island.

Christie hoped to deliver a win for Republican gubernatorial hopeful Walt Havenstein in New Hampshire, where he visited the first-in-the-nation presidential primary state four times in recent months. However, the state’s incumbent Democratic governor fended off the challenge.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania flipped control after voters elected a Democratic challenger to the state’s Republican incumbent Christie campaigned with and the RGA funded.

Races were still not called in Vermont, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Kansas, Maine, Idaho, Hawaii and Alaska.

Before going into Election Day, Republicans held governor mansions in 22 states and Democratic governors controlled 14 states.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/11/christie_election_recap.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: November 05, 2014, 07:54:12 AM »
Good job Fat Man.

You shouldn't pick on Christie because of his weight.

Pick on him because he's a liberal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: November 05, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
You shouldn't pick on Christie because of his weight.

Pick on him because he's a liberal.

Nah.  I pick on the board's biggest liberal (you) enough already.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:04 AM »
Nah.  I pick on the board's biggest liberal (you) enough already.

if there was a button to "Impeach Obama", I'd push it a thousand times. 

You'd give us a thousand reasons why we shouldn't push the impeach button.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: November 05, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »
if there was a button to "Impeach Obama", I'd push it a thousand times. 

You'd give us a thousand reasons why we shouldn't push the impeach button.

Yawn.  You liberals can be so disingenuous.  You are nothing more than a dishonest Obama cheerleader. 

The good news for you is you have two more years to worship the nan.