Author Topic: PELLIUS  (Read 3435 times)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
PELLIUS
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »
Hey old man.  Do you have any video of yourself in the octagon?  I wasn't sure if you just spar or really compete.

Pellius = Pride, Honor, Dedication, nipples

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: PELLIUS
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
Not sure bout a vid but here's a pic back from his rage in the cage days ;D

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »

OMFG...LOL.  I was checking out the manly beard then a nipple hit me in the eye.

Jizzacked

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
titpig looking solid there

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »

Very disturbing picture.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »

Mother Fucker!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
I don't have any myself. We're talking early/mid 1990s. The fights were not structure tournaments so most we're in house stuff due to the Gracie challenge at the time or matches we'd just arranged on our own. When the UFC started there were some not very well organize type matches that we'd have to drive to the Indian Reservation to compete in where we wouldn't get in trouble with the law. King Of the Cage grew out of that. I do wish I took more pics, especially when I first met Helio Gracie, and video taped events. To this day I still don't own a video camera.

I don't know why. I just never really imagine how big things would get. We were this obscure subculture just doing our thing solely for the love of it. There was no pay offs or hope for a pay off. Even when Jiu-Jitsu tournaments started popping up it was just for a cheap medal, not even a trophy, that nobody, other than yourself, cared about.

In the beginning it was easy. Nobody knew Jiu-Jitsu and practically every fight went by the script. Clinch, go to the ground (you didn't even do a legit take down you just both sort of fell to the ground while clinching), mount, some strikes until opponent turns to his back, then choke. We were supremely confident and never lost because we were doing something that nobody else was doing. By the time you were a one year blue-belt you could pretty much take on anybody. Things changed very fast after the UFC made it's debut. And because we were still doing bare knuckle no holds bar (the only rules being eye gouging, biting or hair pulling, which nobody would do anyway because we still consider it more of a sport than fight for survival on the street; though hitting in the nuts was fair game) things got ugly really quick -- even if you won. I was already in my mid thirties then and was really getting busted up. I don't have that kind of body like a Randy Couture or a Dan Severn has that can really take abuse and keep going. BTW, it should be noted that Severn, even at 52 is still fighting. In fact, since his UFC debut back in the early 1990s he has fought every year several times a year. Most of those years he's fighting every two months. That's one tough dude.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
I don't have any myself. We're talking early/mid 1990s. The fights were not structure tournaments so most we're in house stuff due to the Gracie challenge at the time or matches we'd just arranged on our own. When the UFC started there were some not very well organize type matches that we'd have to drive to the Indian Reservation to compete in where we wouldn't get in trouble with the law. King Of the Cage grew out of that. I do wish I took more pics, especially when I first met Helio Gracie, and video taped events. To this day I still don't own a video camera.

I don't know why. I just never really imagine how big things would get. We were this obscure subculture just doing our thing solely for the love of it. There was no pay offs or hope for a pay off. Even when Jiu-Jitsu tournaments started popping up it was just for a cheap medal, not even a trophy, that nobody, other than yourself, cared about.

In the beginning it was easy. Nobody knew Jiu-Jitsu and practically every fight went by the script. Clinch, go to the ground (you didn't even do a legit take down you just both sort of fell to the ground while clinching), mount, some strikes until opponent turns to his back, then choke. We were supremely confident and never lost because we were doing something that nobody else was doing. By the time you were a one year blue-belt you could pretty much take on anybody. Things changed very fast after the UFC made it's debut. And because we were still doing bare knuckle no holds bar (the only rules being eye gouging, biting or hair pulling, which nobody would do anyway because we still consider it more of a sport than fight for survival on the street; though hitting in the nuts was fair game) things got ugly really quick -- even if you won. I was already in my mid thirties then and was really getting busted up. I don't have that kind of body like a Randy Couture or a Dan Severn has that can really take abuse and keep going. BTW, it should be noted that Severn, even at 52 is still fighting. In fact, since his UFC debut back in the early 1990s he has fought every year several times a year. Most of those years he's fighting every two months. That's one tough dude.
Wall of Basile...

Rickson Gracie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Gracie Jiu Jitsu
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
The Pellius is the good people
he make the good using to making connection to do surfings and the jiu jitsu

it is also the very much importants that he is not the gay like The Royler Gracie
Also, it is the good he not making sex to Black womens
400-0-0

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
good info. Your description reminds me of those documentaries of early 70's skateboarders and punk bands where they interview them in the present.  They would describe how it was back then. That they were a subculture and it grew to popularity.  I have no doubt there will be one out someday as far as MMA is concerned.  Hell... you may be in it.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 05:30:44 PM »
The Pellius is the good people
he make the good using to making connection to do surfings and the jiu jitsu

it is also the very much importants that he is not the gay like The Royler Gracie
Also, it is the good he not making sex to Black womens

Master, it is good to hear from you. Some of the best times of my life were those one hour session every week in that tattered broken down warehouse that was your first school. I use to love to get there early before my private lesson and watch you tie Erik Paulson into knots. That was one tough haole. And I will be forever be grateful for that time when you shoved my shoulder back into it's joint. There I was standing there with my left arm just dangling there with my hand practically by my shin. I'm just thinking "What the hell am I going to do now?" But you just had me kneel with Limao and Mauricio holding me down took my arm in some hold, pulled, and shoved in right back in.

The life lessons you taught me were far more valuable than any Jiu-Jitsu moves I've still have yet to master. But even to this day when I'm trying to pass guard and make posture I can still hear your voice, "Head up, hip for, make like fuck."

Jizzacked

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
pellius your old school mma posts always rock, please feel free to deluge us with more of these gems. 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
Master, it is good to hear from you. Some of the best times of my life were those one hour session every week in that tattered broken down warehouse that was your first school. I use to love to get there early before my private lesson and watch you tie Erik Paulson into knots. That was one tough haole. And I will be forever be grateful for that time when you shoved my shoulder back into it's joint. There I was standing there with my left arm just dangling there with my hand practically by my shin. I'm just thinking "What the hell am I going to do now?" But you just had me kneel with Limao and Mauricio holding me down took my arm in some hold, pulled, and shoved in right back in.

The life lessons you taught me were far more valuable than any Jiu-Jitsu moves I've still have yet to master. But even to this day when I'm trying to pass guard and make posture I can still hear your voice, "Head up, hip for, make like fuck."

Did Master Rickson ever tell you the story about how he beat up Yoji Anjoh ?

better yet....have you ever seen the infamous video of Rickson beating Anjoh?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »
Did Master Rickson ever tell you the story about how he beat up Yoji Anjoh ?

better yet....have you ever seen the infamous video of Rickson beating Anjoh?

I was there when the Japs showed up and interrupted our class. Limao had to call you because you just got back from traveling and was resting. You arrived at a moments notice while Yoji Anjo had been training and planning this invasion for months. Usually you don't like to hit but just submit your opponent. Not this time. You pounded him into a bloody mess.

Yoji showed honor and the spirit of Bushido when he returned with a scroll of apology and beg forgiveness and bowed with respect and courtesy. It was now time for Takada to defend the honor of his school.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »
I was there when the Japs showed up and interrupted our class. Limao had to call you because you just got back from traveling and was resting. You arrived at a moments notice while Yoji Anjo had been training and planning this invasion for months. Usually you don't like to hit but just submit your opponent. Not this time. You pounded him into a bloody mess.

Yoji showed honor and the spirit of Bushido when he returned with a scroll of apology and beg forgiveness and bowed with respect and courtesy. It was now time for Takada to defend the honor of his school.

Johnnynoname was a stud back then huh?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »
Johnnynoname was a stud back then huh?
LOL! Jnn has really focked this gimmick up.

Maybe he can pm Clavin for some advice on how to properly run gimmicks ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »

I think Pellius just misread JNNs post......but yes, Clavin is a master gimmicker.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
I don't know what you are all talking about this gimmick talk

Rickson used to be my roommate and he said he was going back home....for all I know he is back in California by now

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »

how is it that you were there on that historical day and never mentioned it.....you know that the videotape of that event is like "the Holy Grail" of MMA videos.

Per legend, Yoji was accompanied by a film crew hence the rumored video

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
I think Pellius just misread JNNs post......but yes, Clavin is a master gimmicker.

What do you mean? JNN is just listening in to the old reminiscing of a teacher and student and just chimed in. I'm not sure Rickson even remembers all who was there. It was just a typical class when Japs just walked in. After the beating they scoop up Yoji off the floor and bid a hasty and humble retreat. We all pretty much left Rickson alone except for Limao who was always at his side.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »
I don't know what you are all talking about this gimmick talk

Rickson used to be my roommate and he said he was going back home....for all I know he is back in California by now

Rickson is back in Brasil now.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »

your quite the Dominator yourself stud.   ;)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »
Rickson is back in Brasil now.

yeah, he mentioned something about wanting to go surfing and making the sex to "panochitas"

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »

how is it that you were there on that historical day and never mentioned it.....you know that the videotape of that event is like "the Holy Grail" of MMA videos.

Per legend, Yoji was accompanied by a film crew hence the rumored video

Never came up before. It's not like it's something you'd start a thread about on a BB board. There was a camera crew but to be honest I never really paid that much attention to them. We were all just kind of in a state of awe and kept our eyes glue on Rickson. I believe there was some talk about not allowing them to film. This was personal business and not something to make a documentary about. Also, the Gracie's were very guarded. Sure the Gracie's filmed everything but that also meant they control the film. If someone else filmed and things didn't go their way... you just never know. I was under the impression that the Japs weren't allowed to film. But like I said, at the time I didn't give much thought about it. Besides, if they did film it would have been made public by now.
That is unless of course Rickson has the tape. Even though he won I would not be surprised if he just has it stashed somewhere.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
Never came up before. It's not like it's something you'd start a thread about on a BB board. There was a camera crew but to be honest I never really paid that much attention to them. We were all just kind of in a state of awe and kept our eyes glue on Rickson. I believe there was some talk about not allowing them to film. This was personal business and not something to make a documentary about. Also, the Gracie's were very guarded. Sure the Gracie's filmed everything but that also meant they control the film. If someone else filmed and things didn't go their way... you just never know. I was under the impression that the Japs weren't allowed to film. But like I said, at the time I didn't give much thought about it. Besides, if they did film it would have been made public by now.
That is unless of course Rickson has the tape. Even though he won I would not be surprised if he just has it stashed somewhere.

either way, you witnessed a important piece of fighting lore

i think the Japanese take alot of shit on the internet because of the fact that their fighters don't have the best records in the US and the fact that Japanese MMA was Yakuza run but most people on the forums are morons

They (the morons on MMA forums) don't know anything of "Fighting Spirit" and Respect Japanese fighters display......even in losing, the Japanese display honor and fighting spirit