Author Topic: So fedor lost to silva last week...  (Read 17427 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: So fedor lost to silva last week...
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »
he was handed a heavyweight title fight against tim sylvia after being "retired" and handed a interim title fight with chuck

you have the nerve to say Fedor fought cans and then say that randy fought the best heavyweights?  who?  pedro rizzo?  maruice smith?  ricco rodriquez LOSS  who are the great heavyweights he fought?  are you including tim sylvia in that argument and than excluding him for Fedor?  does an old Nog count for randy (brutal loss) but not Fedor?

he did not fight the best lhw's unless you consider chuck, vitor, and tito to be the best ::)

E

Randy beating Tim was one of the greatest moments in MMA history.  He was coming off losses and out of retirement.  He was moving up a weight class.  And, he was going up against a really bad match up with a Tim Silvia in him prime.  No one gave him a chance and most hoped he would come out of that fight without serious injury.  Against all odds, he beat the bigger & younger man.  It was an epic fight, which cemented his legacy.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
Randy beating Tim was one of the greatest moments in MMA history.  He was coming off losses and out of retirement.  He was moving up a weight class.  And, he was going up against a really bad match up with a Tim Silvia in him prime.  No one gave him a chance and most hoped he would come out of that fight without serious injury.  Against all odds, he beat the bigger & younger man.  It was an epic fight, which cemented his legacy.

and sylvia according to you is a can when Fedor SHORTER AND FATTER than randy beats him in less than a minute ::)

E

E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »
and sylvia according to you is a can when Fedor SHORTER AND FATTER than randy beats him in less than a minute ::)

E

If you read my post, you'll see that I said Randy beat Tim in his "prime".  By the time Fedor got to him, Tim had already been cut from the UFC and was losing pretty much every fight he was in.  Nice try ::)
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »
If you read my post, you'll see that I said Randy beat Tim in his "prime".  By the time Fedor got to him, Tim had already been cut from the UFC and was losing pretty much every fight he was in.  Nice try ::)

I think being beaten down by a smaller senior citizen really took that last bit of dignity that Sylvia had.

He did not recover.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »

he beat brandon vera (who randy barely beat) and then lost to Nog in a heavyweight title fight, right before he was destroyed by Fedor

owned

E
E

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »

Im sorry, i dont like to be negative or argumentative especially on a board, but do you keep track of peoples careers? Most true fans dont need to, but if you Google his career stats then you'll see he was 1 - 1 when he fought Fedor and had absolutely dominated Nog in their meeting. Your lack of overall knowledge is very disappointing especially for someone that is a moderator, & your lack of true understanding in some matters is quite odd as you seem to simply look at someones record on Wikipedia or, if you can get there, Sherdog and see only the W or L - not the performance.

IMO Sylvia's true prime was 2003 - 2005, about the time he fought McGee and shouted at the camera "bring on Fedor" (i think it was Mike G that relayed it back in a somewhat cocky manner - the man is an idiot) which would have put Fedor a year or 2 before his true prime. He was still dismantling decent guys, some much bigger and stronger than him, in a little over a minute and then went on to dominate the Japanese MMA scene uncontested. There has never been a stage of his career where i could see Sylvia ever being a threat to Fedor, he could have fought in Japan if he wanted to prove it but opted to fight nobodies (thats all the UFC had at that point in time with the exception of a then decent Mir & Arlovski).

Sorry about that.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
he beat brandon vera (who randy barely beat) and then lost to Nog in a heavyweight title fight, right before he was destroyed by Fedor

owned

E

This should make it a little easier for you Earl....

Fedor is retiring at 35.

Randy wasn't even in his prime at 35....and he's still fighting at 50!

See what happens when you carry 50+lbs of fat on your body for most of your career. It takes a toll.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »
Im sorry, i dont like to be negative or argumentative especially on a board, but do you keep track of peoples careers? Most true fans dont need to, but if you Google his career stats then you'll see he was 1 - 1 when he fought Fedor and had absolutely dominated Nog in their meeting. Your lack of overall knowledge is very disappointing especially for someone that is a moderator, & your lack of true understanding in some matters is quite odd as you seem to simply look at someones record on Wikipedia or, if you can get there, Sherdog and see only the W or L - not the performance.

IMO Sylvia's true prime was 2003 - 2005, about the time he fought McGee and shouted at the camera "bring on Fedor" (i think it was Mike G that relayed it back in a somewhat cocky manner - the man is an idiot) which would have put Fedor a year or 2 before his true prime. He was still dismantling decent guys, some much bigger and stronger than him, in a little over a minute and then went on to dominate the Japanese MMA scene uncontested. There has never been a stage of his career where i could see Sylvia ever being a threat to Fedor, he could have fought in Japan if he wanted to prove it but opted to fight nobodies (thats all the UFC had at that point in time with the exception of a then decent Mir & Arlovski).

Sorry about that.

Cliffs?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
This should make it a little easier for you Earl....

Fedor is retiring at 35.

Randy wasn't even in his prime at 35....and he's still fighting at 50!

See what happens when you carry 50+lbs of fat on your body for most of your career. It takes a toll.

randy keeps fighting and his career record still pales in comparison, no sane person will think of him in the same class as Fedor who most will say is the best of all time

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
Cliffs?

here are the cliffs

you and mindspin got owned

E
E

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »
Cliffs?

Im sorry i dont understand what you mean by cliffs. I realise im setting myself up for a "bashing" here but ill be honest and say im at a loss.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »
Im sorry i dont understand what you mean by cliffs. I realise im setting myself up for a "bashing" here but ill be honest and say im at a loss.

don't worry, i took care of it

mindspin and weight suffered yet another vicious and brutal owning

they will be back for more, we will make them look like ufc 2 time 2 time champ tim sylvia in the Fedor fight 8)

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »
Oh no...I'm "owned" ::)

Yo, Granite, since you seem to be a historian of the sport, please share with the board how many of Fedor's wins are over opponents with more losses than wins on their record and/or with less than 5 fights...

As for Randy, Earl, you asked who had the greatest career, not who was the best.  Two totally different questions.  Yes, Fedor is arguably the best heavyweight ever.  I base that, not on his record, but on the battles he won during his prime.  His career, though, is a joke.  He completely tarnished his legacy and he is going out a loser.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »
nobody has more quality wins than the great Fedor

the only way he tarnished his career is by proving to be human, everybody knows he is the best ever just not a cyborg

going out a loser?  now start naming great boxers and mma fighters that all retired undefeated, who the hell retires while they are still winning?   i'm waiting...

E
E

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »
Only 3, and 2 of those fighters had Fedor as their second opponent (one debuting against Crocop). The 3rd fighter - Lee Hasdell - is better best forgotten as the UK's trail blazer in MMA. He was shockingly bad, met him in London when i was a youngster and didnt think much of him even back then. The first UK fighter to catch my eye was Lee Remedios, very decent fighter.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

Ok- I've stayed away from this topic and the board in general for a little bit, but this is fucking absurd. Are you kidding me with this horseshit?

Randy Coture beating Tim Sylvia was one of the greatest moments in MMA history? You really need your brain examined and need to have UFC themed anal beads  surgically removed from your ass. If there was any doubt that you know less than nothing about MMA and are a complete and utter UFC ball polisher, that doubt just went out the window.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »

the only way he tarnished his career is by proving to be human, everybody knows he is the best ever just not a cyborg

going out a loser?  now start naming great boxers and mma fighters that all retired undefeated, who the hell retires while they are still winning?   i'm waiting...

E

He's not a loser because he is retiring with losses.  He is a looser because for the last 5 years of his career he ducked the best in the sport and chose to fight subpar fighters.  Fedor could have gone to the UFC and had he beaten the top 5 in the #1 org in the world, he would retire with mythical status.  Even if he had lost, he would have lost against the best.  Instead he chose to fight cans like Hong Man Choi, middle weights like Linland and 3rd tier fighters like Brett Rogers.  Everyone knows that Fedor squandered what could have been an amazing ending to his career....loser.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »

E

The quality of wins is always going to be subjective....

What is fact is that Fedor dodged the fights that people wanted to see to protect his record the last several years.  He even dodged Overeem.

This is what really makes him a loser and chump. It makes his entire career a little suspect if you know what I mean.  You take the Japanese Mob (Yakuza) and Fedor's management, and I can assume some pretty interesting things were created.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
nope you can't claim he fought cans any more after calling randy's win over sylvia "one of the best moments in ufc history" when Fedor beat him in less than a minute

i honestly don't think randy would beat hong man choi, that would be a poor match up for a wrestler like randy

how is rodgers 3rd tier when he has been ranked in the top 10 ::)

and stop speaking for "everybody", you only speak for the tuffers

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 12:01:34 PM »
The quality of wins is always going to be subjective....

What is fact is that Fedor dodged the fights that people wanted to see to protect his record the last several years.  He even dodged Overeem.

This is what really makes him a loser and chump. It makes his entire career a little suspect if you know what I mean.  You take the Japanese Mob (Yakuza) and Fedor's management, and I can assume some pretty interesting things were created.

uh no you cannot say that wins over pedro rizzo were better than wins over big nog, not subjective

randy is the most overrated fighter ever, heck look at all the losses

and randy uses ped's, NEXT

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »

uh no you cannot say that wins over pedro rizzo were better than wins over big nog, not subjective

E

Fedor is the most overrated fighter ever.  His fights were fixed and the ones that weren't were with cans.

Next....
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »

E

This is exactly why I said you can't say who is the best.  MY OPINION is Randy for reasons stated above.

Now you are getting foolish and trolling....Randy uses PED? Please post a link for proof?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
Fedor is the most overrated fighter ever.  His fights were fixed and the ones that weren't were with cans.

Next....

Randy Couture has a 19-10 record and has losses to studs such as Valenejin Overeem, Mikhail Illoukhine and Enson Inoue. In his only meaningful HW fights against legitimate opponents, he lost to Brock Lesnar, Josh Barnett and Ricco Rodriguez. Most recently he beat MMA superstars such as James Toney and a crippled Mark Coleman that hasn't has a decent fight in at least 5 years. Lets also not forget losing to Nog and getting a complete an utter gift against Brandon Vera ( which I think ruined Vera's career BTW).

Take away Randys age and the fact that he beat Chuck Lidell once ( and lost twice), and he's not even a top 25 fighter of all time. Comparing him to Fedor is patently ridiculous. Randy on his best day wouldn't make it out of round 1 against the version of Fedor that got manhandled by Bigfoot Silva.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »
Randy Couture has a 19-10 record and has losses to studs such as Valenejin Overeem, Mikhail Illoukhine and Enson Inoue. In his only meaningful HW fights against legitimate opponents, he lost to Brock Lesnar, Josh Barnett and Ricco Rodriguez. Most recently he beat MMA superstars such as James Toney and a crippled Mark Coleman that hasn't has a decent fight in at least 5 years. Lets also not forget losing to Nog and getting a complete an utter gift against Brandon Vera ( which I think ruined Vera's career BTW).

Take away Randys age and the fact that he beat Chuck Lidell once ( and lost twice), and he's not even a top 25 fighter of all time. Comparing him to Fedor is patently ridiculous. Randy on his best day wouldn't make it out of round 1 against the version of Fedor that got manhandled by Bigfoot Silva.

There is more to Randy's career than his record....

Who do you think has done more for the success of MMA in their career?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »

Next....

so who is better?  randy hahaha

what proof do you have that his fights were fixed?  he wasn't even close to being japan's most popular fighter so i can't wait to hear how you "know" this ::)

E
E