Author Topic: Twelve for '12: A Dozen Republicans Who Could Be the Next President  (Read 72632 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Twelve for '12: A Dozen Republicans Who Could Be the Next President
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:54 AM »

::)  ::)  

Clueless.    

Its already happenning.  Ever heard of Priorities USA Action.  Its a 527 Democrat Attack Group and they are licking their chops at the opportunity.  They're only job is to attack anything that looks like an elephant.

When I worked on the Democrat and Republican campaigns growing up, I didn't see any real difference in the strategy and that is to get your voters pissed off enough at the opponent to win.

http://www.prioritiesusaaction.org/
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:30 AM »
Again - clueless.   Totally clueless.   People want obama gone at all costs and will vote for a can of soup over him.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2011, 06:11:17 AM »
Again - clueless.   Totally clueless.   People want obama gone at all costs and will vote for a can of soup over him.   

The problem is that it won't be enough people.  Obama will win in 2012 and prob much easier than before simply because there is no strong Republican opponent.  The strong ones that were there are being largely ignored and once Romney wins....you can go out and buy your popcorn and watch him get "swiftboated" ;D
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2011, 06:30:31 AM »
The problem is that it won't be enough people.  Obama will win in 2012 and prob much easier than before simply because there is no strong Republican opponent.  The strong ones that were there are being largely ignored and once Romney wins....you can go out and buy your popcorn and watch him get "swiftboated" ;D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!  Are you freaking nuts? 

Obama won in 2008 by less than 6 points.  That was in a year where: 

1.  McCain ran a horrible campaign on a shoe string. 
2.  Obama had no record and it was hope & change and media bs about the first black potus (Which is pure nonsense to begin with)
3.  Bush fatigue and McCain seen as same as Bush
4.  Economy was in nose dive and they blamed Bush. 
5.  Historic turnout from minorities to get "one of their own" in office.
6.  MSM refused to vet and be honest about Obama's lies and hypocrisy. 
7.  Guilt ridden whites felt that had to vote for obama to prove they were racists. 

and even with all of that he won by less than 5 points.    So lets jump ahead 4 years now that the messiah was elected. 

1.  He has a horrendous record of abject failure and incompetence.
2.  Every economic indicator and measure is worse. 
3.  He has been more divisive than any president in modern times.
4.  most of his bullshit promises are unfulfilled.
5.  We are in more wars than even when he took office. 
6.  UE rate has skyrocketed.
7.  ObamaCare is every bit as unpopularas it was an many indes wont forget that when their health premiuims are skyrocketing its due in part to that. 
8.  No more white gult by indes since that was proven a disastrous basis to form a vote. 
9.  Minorities will not come out in record numbers like last time, especially hispanics.
10.  GOP campaign will be well funded and run professionally unlike the McCain shoestring budget. 
11.  Obama is no longer a new fresh face, he is seen as a drone and his promises are empty and dishonest. 
12.  Many states are now run by the GOP and they have huge advantages in elections. 
13.  Dems states are losing seats due to redistricting. 

Between all of that - there is at least a 7-10 point spread IMHO and that is why he is done and gone.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!  Are you freaking nuts? 

Obama won in 2008 by less than 6 points.  That was in a year where: 

1.  McCain ran a horrible campaign on a shoe string. 
2.  Obama had no record and it was hope & change and media bs about the first black potus (Which is pure nonsense to begin with)
3.  Bush fatigue and McCain seen as same as Bush
4.  Economy was in nose dive and they blamed Bush. 
5.  Historic turnout from minorities to get "one of their own" in office.
6.  MSM refused to vet and be honest about Obama's lies and hypocrisy. 
7.  Guilt ridden whites felt that had to vote for obama to prove they were racists. 

and even with all of that he won by less than 5 points.    So lets jump ahead 4 years now that the messiah was elected. 

1.  He has a horrendous record of abject failure and incompetence.
2.  Every economic indicator and measure is worse. 
3.  He has been more divisive than any president in modern times.
4.  most of his bullshit promises are unfulfilled.
5.  We are in more wars than even when he took office. 
6.  UE rate has skyrocketed.
7.  ObamaCare is every bit as unpopularas it was an many indes wont forget that when their health premiuims are skyrocketing its due in part to that. 
8.  No more white gult by indes since that was proven a disastrous basis to form a vote. 
9.  Minorities will not come out in record numbers like last time, especially hispanics.
10.  GOP campaign will be well funded and run professionally unlike the McCain shoestring budget. 
11.  Obama is no longer a new fresh face, he is seen as a drone and his promises are empty and dishonest. 
12.  Many states are now run by the GOP and they have huge advantages in elections. 
13.  Dems states are losing seats due to redistricting. 

Between all of that - there is at least a 7-10 point spread IMHO and that is why he is done and gone.   

Percentages are meaningless in an election...otherwise Al Gore would have been president instead of Bush as he got more vote.  Its all about the electoral college and Obama had a crushing victory of 365 to McCain's 173. 

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/map.html 

BTW, the only drone I see is you.   ;D
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »
Huntsman was so bad today.   WTF was that? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »

Percentages are meaningless in an election...otherwise Al Gore would have been president instead of Bush as he got more vote.  Its all about the electoral college and Obama had a crushing victory of 365 to McCain's 173. 

Vince made some very valid points here.  Your response attempts to change the subject to huntsman.  Why?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2011, 09:59:48 AM »

Vince made some very valid points here.  Your response attempts to change the subject to huntsman.  Why?

::) 

Al gore lost because he lost TN.    The electoral map this time around favors the gop more than obama.   

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »

The electoral college is shaping up very well for the Republicans, and is one of the big reasons he will lose. The Republicans have already closed the gap by 14 electoral points because of the census. Obama won 3 traditional Republican states in 2008 barely, 50-49. Do you really think he is going to win those states this time? The Democrats got slaughtered in Florida in 2010, and I believe a traditional Republican candidate is beating him by 3 points in Flordia. Romeny is beating him in New Hampshire and Nevada. Obama is even appearing to have trouble in Penssylvania. Count him out if he loses Pennsylavania./
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2011, 11:13:03 AM »

They'll either vote for Obama or a 3rd party contender for spite.  They definitely won't vote for Romney.  If he becomes the contender, you can expect a 502 group to rip him to pieces in ads. 

The vast majority of Republicans are evangelical Christians and they will not vote for a Mormon.  It just won't happen.  I'm sure Glenn Beck will help out Romney since he's a Mormon too but any campaign will twist it around to where it will get pretty ugly

Bible Belt voters will vote for Obama over Romney to spite Mormons?  Really? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2011, 11:18:05 AM »
Huntsman getting into race, promises new jobs
By Beth Fouhy
Associated Press
POSTED: 04:12 a.m. HST, Jun 21, 2011

JERSEY CITY, N.J. >> Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman joined the Republican presidential contest on Tuesday, pledging to run a civil campaign and claiming that he and President Barack Obama both love the United States but have different visions of its future.

Huntsman, who until this spring was Obama's ambassador to China, entered the fight for the GOP nomination to take on Obama in 2012 at the same venue where Ronald Reagan formally began his general election presidential campaign in 1980. Huntsman, an aide to Reagan who served in two other Republican administrations, had been expected to join the contest for months.

"This is the hour when we choose our future. I'm Jon Huntsman and I'm running for president of the United States," the silver-haired Huntsman said, with the State of Liberty over his shoulder as a backdrop for a made-for-TV announcement.

Huntsman joins a field of GOP contenders led by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, a fellow Mormon. Others include former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann. Texas Gov. Rick Perry is exploring a possible bid as well.

Huntsman is positioning himself as a centrist in a largely conservative field — a candidate with deep foreign policy credentials who could have broad appeal to independent voters in a general election contest against Obama.

Huntsman called the America economy "totally unacceptable" and took a gentle swipe at Obama's 2008 campaign themes of hope and change, saying the country needs "leadership that knows we need more than hope, leadership that knows we need answers."

Huntsman,said he respects Obama but added that he and the president have "a difference of opinion on how to help the country we both love."

But, he added, "The question each of us wants the voters to answer is, 'Who will be the better president, not who's the better American.' "

Huntsman had been flirting with a presidential run for months, and in interviews recently he has criticized U.S. foreign policy, saying the country is overcommitted to world trouble spots. He has also sought to stress his background as a businessman and has said jobs would be a top priority.

"We will not be the first American generation that lets down the next generation," he said, his seven children standing nearby.

"What we need now is leadership that trusts in our strength. Leadership that doesn't promise Washington has all the solutions to our problems, but rather looks to local solutions in our cities, towns and states."

In a speech with nods to conservatives who hold great sway in the nominating process and independents who are frustrated with partisanship, Huntsman pledged civility.

"Our political debates today are corrosive," Huntsman decried.

"We will conduct this campaign on the high road. I don't think you need to run down someone's reputation to run for president."

That's not to say he would shy from differences with his better-known Republican rivals or the incumbent president he hopes to send home to Chicago in early 2013.

"Of course, we'll have our disagreements," he said. "That's what campaigns are all about."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/124280813.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
His speech was a disaster.   I heard it over the radio total FAIL. 

My UPS delivery guy has more fight in him than what I heard today.  Embarassing.   

Paul / Bachmann !

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
His speech was a disaster.   I heard it over the radio total FAIL. 

My UPS delivery guy has more fight in him than what I heard today.  Embarassing.   

Paul / Bachmann !

Didn't hear it, but a bad speech doesn't make or break a candidate . . . except for Obama (2004 convention speech).

At this point, I like Bachmann the most out of the declared candidates. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2011, 11:37:12 AM »
Didn't hear it, but a bad speech doesn't make or break a candidate . . . except for Obama (2004 convention speech).

At this point, I like Bachmann the most out of the declared candidates. 

He was gushing over obama again! 

We both love the country - BARF 

Obama is an honorable man - BARF 

We both want whats best for the nation - BARF 

I will not attack obama - BARF 

We are not compassionate enough - BARF 

embarassing.  Wish i would have gotten on my jet ski, fly over there and smack the shit out him.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2011, 11:46:43 AM »

embarassing.  Wish i would have gotten on my jet ski, fly over there and smack the shit out him.   

lol.   :)  He doesn't have to attack Obama personally.  He needs to attack Obama's record. 

Sounds like part of what he's doing is trying to preempt the attacks from the White House showing the good things he has said about Obama while working for him. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »
lol.   :)  He doesn't have to attack Obama personally.  He needs to attack Obama's record. 

Sounds like part of what he's doing is trying to preempt the attacks from the White House showing the good things he has said about Obama while working for him. 

FAILSVILLE  - he didnt even do that! 

Oh hell no.  What I heard today was worse than Romney!         

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »

FAILSVILLE  - he didnt even do that! 

Oh hell no.  What I heard today was worse than Romney!         

I want to hear what he has to say at the next debate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »
I want to hear what he has to say at the next debate.

So do I, for comedic value.    Truly a massive fail what I heard today.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
So do I, for comedic value.    Truly a massive fail what I heard today.     

Meh.  I wouldn't rule a candidate in or out based on a good or bad speech. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
Meh.  I wouldn't rule a candidate in or out based on a good or bad speech. 

I hope to not have to vote for this or romney.     What I heard today literally made me want to throw up.   

Ron Paul  / Bachmann for me so far.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »

Let's be honest here - huntsman isn't going after your vote, 333386.

He's going after the mitt romney/mccain moderate vote.  You know, the one that dominated in 2008.

He'll let RPaul and Perry and Bachmann split up the 50% (or whatever share) of the Tea Party vote.  He'll command the biggest share of the moderate vote, and that could work.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2011, 12:32:42 PM »
not only that - but he's also going after libs (and left leaning moderates) in a MAJOR WAY.

MSNBC is running a commercial the last 2 weeks... Chris mathews saying "Why can't ONE of these repubs come fwd and say I disagree with Obama on the issues, but he's as american as the rest of us and he loves this country".

Mathews (and his millions of followers) are gonna swoon over huntsman now.  Watch and see ;)

And he's got more moolah $$ than Romney...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »
Let's be honest here - huntsman isn't going after your vote, 333386.

He's going after the mitt romney/mccain moderate vote.  You know, the one that dominated in 2008.

He'll let RPaul and Perry and Bachmann split up the 50% (or whatever share) of the Tea Party vote.  He'll command the biggest share of the moderate vote, and that could work.

What I heard today was awful.   made me double down on Bach,mann and ron Paul 

What a farce huntsman and romney are.  two jerkoff rinos at their very worst.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »

accurate.  but inevitable, probably.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2011, 03:27:59 PM »
What I heard today was awful.   made me double down on Bach,mann and ron Paul 

I just talked to someone who said they think Huntsman should be a Democrat.