Author Topic: Twelve for '12: A Dozen Republicans Who Could Be the Next President  (Read 71872 times)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Twelve for '12: A Dozen Republicans Who Could Be the Next President
« Reply #650 on: May 18, 2012, 12:05:04 PM »
I need to get out there tomorow to vote for Mitt and Ted Cruz.
i need to get and vote for Santorum; then quickly wash my hands to get santorum off them.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #651 on: May 18, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »
When you look at the number of states and delegates won by Romney, along with the popular vote, this really wasn't close at all. 

yeah, it's really cool that repubs managed to choose a candidate that most accurately reflected their severely conservative views.

People who use the  ::) icon are sexually confused (in advance)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #652 on: May 18, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

yeah, it's really cool that repubs managed to choose a candidate that most accurately reflected their severely conservative views.

People who use the  ::) icon are sexually confused (in advance)

Dudes who are pathological liars, believe in fanciful conspiracy theories, and live on internet message boards are often girlymen. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: May 23, 2012, 07:12:03 PM »
After Romney takes Arkansas and Kentucky yesterday, here is the current delegate count:

Romney - 1049
Santorum - 264
Gingrich - 145
Paul - 123

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries.html

Romney needs 95 to reach 1144.  He likely gets there on 29 May (Texas primary), because even though it's a proportional primary, I doubt Paul gets enough votes to keep Romney from getting at least 95 of the 155 delegates at stake. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #654 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
are these delegates legally required to vote romney? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: May 27, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
Giuliani gets over ego and praises Romney
Posted by
CNN Producer Gabriella Schwarz

Washington (CNN) - Rudy Giuliani, now a Mitt Romney supporter, said Sunday that he partially blames his ego for previous criticism of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

"Well, I mean, there's a certain amount of personal ego in that. At that point I was probably comparing his record to my record," Giuliani said on CNN’s "State of the Union." "That’s all part of campaigning."

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

While running for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, Giuliani targeted his then-rival over his record on spending, taxes and health care during his tenure as Massachusetts governor.

Although Giuliani said Romney is now the “perfect choice” given the U.S. economy, he also explained his previous jabs.

"Maybe it was circumstances or whatever, but I had massive reductions in unemployment. He had a reduction in unemployment of about 8, 10 - I think it was 15%. I had a reduction of unemployment of 50%. He had a growth of jobs of about 40,000. We had a growth of jobs of about 500,000," Giuliani said of his time as mayor of New York City. "So I was comparing what I thought was my far superior record to his otherwise decent record, but numbers weren't as great."

Giuliani publicly endorsed Romney in April after some less than flattering remarks directed at the frontrunner earlier in the primary cycle, in particular over his perceived failure at personally connecting with voters.

Although that was Romney’s “problem during the primary,” Giuliani said he’s “doing a much better job at it.”

"Gov. Romney, now that people see who he is, I think they're going to find a very intelligent, very engaged, very committed man who's the perfect choice for a period of time in which we have to revive the economy," Giuliani told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley. "Couldn't think of better credentials to deal with the economy, so maybe the personal part won't become as important."

Ultimately, the outcome of the November election will depend on the economy, Giuliani said.

“If the economy doesn’t improve between now and September or October, I don’t think President Obama will be re-elected,” Giuliani said. “If he gets an economy that starts improving, then it could be anybody’s ball game.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/27/giuliani-gets-over-ego-and-praises-romney/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: May 27, 2012, 11:12:11 AM »
Romney was a good businessman and great for shareholders.

But Mass was 47th in job creation when he was governor.

And being governor is a lot more like being president -  than running a company that has the ability to pick from cows and dogs and pick and choose which companies to address.

As governor (and as president), he is faced with ALL the problems of all the groups of constituents.
As a venture capitalist, he could see troublesome companies and just pass on them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #657 on: May 28, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
Poll: Romney leads Obama among veterans

Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough

(CNN) - As Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama take a campaign break to pay tribute on Memorial Day, a poll released Monday indicates the presumptive GOP presidential nominee has a big lead over Obama among veterans.

Fifty-eight percent of veterans support Romney, while 34% back the president, according to a new Gallup survey.

In recent weeks, polls have indicated significant gender gap between Obama and Romney, with woman more favorable to the president and men leaning more towards Romney.

Interestingly, the new poll shows that Romney's male advantage may be attributed to his lead among veterans, given that one in four men in the United States have served in the military. When taking into account only non-veteran men, Obama and Romney are essentially tied, the poll shows.

Among non-veterans overall (both men and women), however, Obama holds a four-percentage point advantage, 48%-44%, over his Republican rival.

Neither Romney nor Obama have military records, making the 2012 election the first race with non-veterans as candidates since the 1944 showdown between Franklin Roosevelt and Thomas Dewey.

To commemorate the holiday, Romney makes an appearance Monday with Sen. John McCain at the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center in San Diego, California, while President Barack Obama attends ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the National Mall.

Gallup pulled its data from its daily tracking survey between April 11 and May 24, with a random sample of 43,352 adults questioned by telephone. Of the sample, 7,133 were veterans. The poll's sampling error is plus or minus two percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/28/romney-leads-obama-among-veterans/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
He should have the nomination wrapped up after the Texas primary on Tuesday.  He has a lot of work to do and a lot of money to raise to win the general. 

Can Romney 'connect'? Poised to clinch nomination, GOP candidate faces next test
Published May 28, 2012
FoxNews.com

Mitt Romney, after weathering an onslaught of rotating primary challengers over the course of the last year, is poised to clinch the Republican presidential nomination as early as Tuesday.   

In doing so, his campaign will complete its shift, from knocking off Republican rivals one by one to challenging a single Democratic opponent, President Obama.

And with the Obama campaign now pouring airtime and resources into the latest attacks on Romney's private equity experience, the GOP candidate is discovering early that one of his biggest advantages in the primaries -- his war chest -- isn't quite so impressive in the general.

The latest campaign finance figures from April underscore the financial distance between them at the unofficial start of this contest. Obama had $115 million on hand; Romney had $9.2 million.

The reality of an incumbent's -- particularly this incumbent's -- fundraising power means Romney may have to focus more on message and more on his own personal story. It's a challenging task for somebody who lacks a classic rags-to-riches tale. But Romney the family man, Romney the faithful husband and Romney the determined businessman could start to make a bigger appearance as the race turns from a test of party purity to one of personal connections.

"He doesn't need to make a hardcore ideological argument, but he does need to connect with these people in a way that is lasting and sustained," GOP pollster Adam Geller said, urging the candidate to "tell his story." 

Geller said Romney needs to do a much better job of connecting with the "frustrated middle class" and especially America's decisive political middle. At the same time, he has to avoid looking insincere. "It can't be the John Kerry-eating-the-cheesesteak moment," Geller quipped, recalling Kerry's 2003 gaffe of ordering a cheesesteak with Swiss -- which simply isn't done.

Romney could wrap up the nomination Tuesday evening with the voter-rich Texas primary. Based on the Associated Press tally, he needs at least 60 delegates to reach the 1,144-delegate threshold that will earn him the title of nominee. Texas offers a total of 155.

The campaign immediately faces historical headwinds in its bid to unseat an incumbent -- Jimmy Carter stands as the only Democratic president in the last century to lose his re-election bid -- and an unfriendly electoral-vote map.

By most analyses, the Democratic candidate starts out with an advantage in that regard. The number of electoral votes in solidly Democratic states simply is greater than the number in solidly Republican states.

The Cook Political Report, which tracks these numbers, estimates there are 182 electoral votes in states considered a lock for Democrats, versus 143 in states considered a lock for Republicans.

The Democratic advantage holds when states that lean one way or another are factored in. Still, more than a dozen states are on the table -- and Romney showed during the protracted primary that he's at least competitive in several of them.

The former Massachusetts governor, in January, dominated the Florida GOP primary. He also won, albeit by a slim margin, in Ohio. And he emerged on top in the lesser battleground states of Arizona, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada and Wisconsin -- as well as Virginia, though his top GOP rivals were not on the ballot in that particular contest. Those states alone are worth 107 electoral votes on the road to 270, though most will be fiercely contested in the fall.

"There's not a lot of wiggle room here," Geller noted. But he said aside from the usual swing contests of Florida and Ohio, the race could come down to an otherwise overlooked state light on electoral votes, like New Hampshire, which has just four electoral votes.

From the looks of the opening round, the general election battle will not be a pleasant one.

The Obama campaign, despite some dissension in the Democratic ranks, is pressing ahead with its effort to highlight companies that went under following the involvement of Romney's former company, Bain Capital.

Obama strategist Robert Gibbs, the former White House press secretary, told CBS' "Face the Nation" over the weekend that "people have a visceral reaction to Mitt Romney's time" at the firm.

"What Bain Capital never did was focus on job creation. That is not what Bain Capital does. It loads up companies with debt, it takes money out of those companies and pays those investors," he said.

Romney adviser Ed Gillespie disputed the claim, saying "there is a correlation" between "growing a company and job creation."

As the Republican candidate presses ahead and introduces himself to a broader swath of voters, he'll be challenged to defend his days at Bain.
Potentially working in Romney's favor, though, is the element of surprise and the potential crossover appeal inherent in whoever he chooses as his vice presidential nominee. By contrast, polling over the past year has shown Americans somewhat tiring of Obama's No. 2, Vice President Biden. The latest Gallup survey showed 42 percent view him favorably, while 45 percent view him unfavorably.

Polls, meanwhile, continue to show Romney struggling to convince people to vote for him, rather than against Obama. In a Fox News poll released May 16, 43 percent of those supporting Romney said they were doing so because he's "not Obama." Just 11 percent of Obama's supporters said they were backing the president because he's "not Romney." In that poll, Obama was leading Romney 46-39 percent.

"When you're running against an incumbent, you necessarily have to get people to vote for you ... who voted for the incumbent," said Fox News analyst Karl Rove, former adviser to President George W. Bush and co-founder of conservative group Crossroads GPS.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/28/romney-poised-to-clinch-gop-nomination/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #659 on: May 29, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
And it's over.

Romney hits 'magic number' for GOP nomination
By Gregory Wallace, CNN
updated 10:13 PM EDT, Tue May 29, 2012

(CNN) -- Mitt Romney hit his party's "magic number" on Tuesday, unofficially clinching the Republican presidential nomination in a race he entered as the front-runner and has had to himself for weeks.
Romney led the pack when he announced his second run for the White House last June, and he has watched his rivals for the nomination slowly trickle out as their own wins looked increasingly unlikely.

The delegates to put him over the 1,144 necessary for the GOP nomination came in Texas, the lone state to vote this week. Romney entered the day 78 delegates away from the magic number, and on Tuesday CNN projected he would win the state's GOP presidential primary, where 152 of the state's 155 delegates were at stake.

Could campaigning with Trump cost votes? Courting the Latino vote Romney: Big business not the enemy Saul: Romney learned from his mistakes Latino vote may decide 2012 election
On Tuesday, Romney said he was humbled to have secured the requisite delegates to become the GOP nominee.

"I am honored that Americans across the country have given their support to my candidacy and I am humbled to have won enough delegates to become the Republican Party's 2012 presidential nominee," Romney wrote. "Our party has come together with the goal of putting the failures of the last 3½ years behind us. I have no illusions about the difficulties of the task before us. But whatever challenges lie ahead, we will settle for nothing less than getting America back on the path to full employment and prosperity. On November 6, I am confident that we will unite as a country and begin the hard work of fulfilling the American promise and restoring our country to greatness."

The chairman of the Republican National Committee, Reince Priebus, congratulated Romney on the milestone, saying Romney would "offer America the new direction we so desperately need."
Priebus' Democratic counterpart, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, was less enthusiastic.

"Tonight, after six years of trying and millions of dollars spent, and after a year of tepid support against one of the weakest fields in history, Mitt Romney has finally secured enough delegates to become the Republican Party's presidential nominee," wrote Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee. "Romney may have finally gained enough delegates to become the nominee, but what's been truly remarkable about his path to the nomination is how much damage he's left in his wake as he enters the general election."

Romney has been the presumptive nominee for weeks, but will not be the official party nominee until the Republican National Convention, set to be held the week of August 27 in Tampa, Florida.
Romney launched his campaign on a warm day last June, telling his supporters gathered at a New Hampshire farm that "Barack Obama has failed America."

"From my first day in office my No. 1 job will be to see that America once again is No.1 in job creation," he said.

The early primary battleground state would play an important role in his campaign. He initially invested more in New Hampshire than the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa, which he eventually lost by a small margin to former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania.

New England voters have long been familiar with Romney, even before his 2008 presidential bid. He served as governor of Massachusetts between 2003 and 2007.

Texas figured into this presidential race long before the first votes cast on Tuesday. One of the three factors in Santorum's April decision to end his presidential bid was a decision by Texas Republicans not to change their proportional delegate model to a winner-take-all system, which -- if he had stayed in the race and won the state -- could have given him a boost and held back Romney's delegate accumulation.

Two of Romney's rivals in the once-crowded field are from Texas. Texas Gov. Rick Perry exited the race two days before the mid-January primary in South Carolina after a disappointing fifth-place finish in Iowa and his decision to stop campaigning in the second state to vote, New Hampshire.

Earlier this month, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said he would no longer actively campaign for the Republican nomination, effectively ending his third run for the Oval Office with 122 delegates.

When Santorum, Paul and others were still in the race, talk of a contested convention swirled and it seemed to some a realistic possibility that Romney might not reach the magic number before the last state voted in June.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich vowed to push his bid onward to the convention unless Romney were to clinch the nomination earlier. He told reporters in late March that if Romney "does not have a majority [of delegates], I think you'll then have one of the most interesting, open conventions in American history." He suspended his bid in early May, and on Tuesday was to appear with Romney at a fundraiser in Las Vegas.

The earliest contests weeded out Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, who won the Iowa straw poll last summer but finished sixth in its January caucuses, and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who ended his bid before the South Carolina vote after falling short in New Hampshire.

Others dropped out before the voting began. Businessman Herman Cain's once-unlikely rise ended in December amid allegations of sexual misbehavior. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty dropped out months earlier, in August, after the high stakes Ames, Iowa, straw poll.

Romney, who becomes the first Mormon presidential nominee of a major party, previously sought the GOP presidential nomination in 2008. He dropped out after Super Tuesday, which allocated 1,020 delegates from 21 states. The Texas primary in early March of that year gave Sen. John McCain of Arizona the necessary delegates to seal up the GOP nomination.

'Other-ness': What Obama and Romney have in common on religion, race

In his 2008 convention speech, Romney spoke about many of the same themes that are prominent in his campaign this cycle, including a call "to rein in government spending, lower taxes, take a weed wacker to excessive regulation and mandates ... pursue every source of energy security, from new efficiencies to renewables, from coal to non-CO2 producing nuclear and for the immediate drilling for more oil off our shores."

President Barack Obama faced no national competition for the Democratic presidential nomination, and CNN projected he accumulated the 2,778 necessary delegates on April 3.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/29/politics/romney-delegates/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #660 on: May 29, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »
it's a victory for severely conservative people evreywhere.   the right man won.  a consistent bastion of everything right with true conservatism.

its a shame the party only ran scrubs in 2012.  Not a top tier canddiate among them.  Cain, trump, perry?  PERRY?

Tough to beat a kenyan incombent... they know it.  smart ones are waiting for 2016. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: May 29, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »
After the vote in Texas, here is the delegate count:

Romney - 1157
Santorum - 254
Gingrich - 137
Paul - 122

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: June 06, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
And in other news, after the votes in California, New Mexico, New Jersey, Montana, and South Dakota yesterday, the delegate count stands at:

Romney - 1354
Santorum - 266
Gingrich - 144
Paul - 140
Bachmann - 1
Huntsman - 1

Romney's total will increase after the remaining 30 percent of the California vote is in. 

Only one primary remaining:  Utah. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #664 on: June 08, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »
Steady stream of endorsements.  Rand Paul and now a former Santorum backer. 

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Friess-Romney-great-president/2012/06/08/id/441720

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: June 09, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »
Romney is a severe conservative.  Of course they're backing him. 

Gun bills, romneycare, liberal judges = true reaganism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
Good decision.  I think many of them just want to cause trouble at the convention anyway. 

Last primary is tomorrow. 

Ron Paul Delegates Booted in Massachusetts
Monday, 25 Jun 2012
By Dan Weil

A Republican committee in Massachusetts has dumped 17 presidential delegates and alternates who are supporters of Texas Rep. Ron Paul.

The Allocations Committee took the action because the delegates failed to meet a deadline for filing an affidavit committing themselves to support Mitt Romney, The Boston Globe reports.

The affidavit required the delegates, chosen in caucuses, to support the former Massachusetts governor because of his resounding victory in the primary, held before the caucuses.

Republican Party rules don’t include any provisions for choosing delegates, and delegates have never been required to sign such affidavits in the past, GOP critics say. They suspect the delegates were ousted simply because they support Paul.

But the Romney campaign was within its rights to axe the delegates, Allocations Committee Chairman Ed McGrath said in a statement.

“Gov. Romney’s campaign, through its representative on the Allocation Committee, made the decision not to certify certain delegates and alternate delegates who were unwilling to sign and return on time the affidavit,” he said.

“The Allocation Committee agreed, by a unanimous vote, that these individuals’ failure to sign and return the correct affidavit on time constituted ‘just cause’ for not being certified as national delegates.”

Paul’s supporters want to work at the convention to promote his platform, such as limiting the Federal Reserve’s power to make monetary policy and the president’s power to declare war.

Massachusetts, perhaps the country’s most Democratic state, could gain more attention than usual at the GOP convention in August, thanks to Romney’s status as ex-governor of the state.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Ron-Paul-delegates-Massachusetts/2012/06/25/id/443372

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2012, 03:21:19 PM »
i hope so.
it's the only thing that will make the convention worth TV watching.
unless Sarah makes an appearance/statement.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2012, 04:20:08 PM »
i hope so.
it's the only thing that will make the convention worth TV watching.
unless Sarah makes an appearance/statement.

Good point about Palin.  From what I recall, her convention speech got higher ratings than Obama's in 08. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »
 :)

She was the only one to tell the truth about obama in E00x. 

Good point about Palin.  From what I recall, her convention speech got higher ratings than Obama's in 08. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #670 on: June 27, 2012, 10:05:02 AM »
After the final primary in Utah yesterday, delegate count stands at:

Romney - 1524
Santorum - 261
Paul - 154
Gingrich - 142
Bachmann - 1
Huntsman - 1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: June 27, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
Final primary/caucus popular vote tally: 

Romney - 9,809,662   
Santorum - 3,909,460
Gingrich - 2,720,135
Paul - 2,063,043

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/republican_vote_count.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #672 on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:54 AM »
Gingrich Urges His Delegates to Support Romney
Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012

One-time Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich is asking the delegates he won during the GOP primary race to support the presumptive nominee, Mitt Romney.

In an open letter to delegates released Tuesday, Gingrich says it's time for all Republicans to come together to defeat President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Gingrich says he is releasing all delegates bound or pledged to his candidacy under any and all state laws or party rules.

A former speaker of the House, Gingrich won just two primaries, in South Carolina and his home state of Georgia. At one time he vowed to challenge Romney all the way to the nominating convention if Romney lacked a majority of delegates to win the nomination outright. But Romney gained the number of delegates he needed.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Gingrich-urges-support-Romney/2012/08/22/id/449321

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
Santorum releases delegates ahead of GOP convention
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - Rick Santorum, who at one point was Mitt Romney's top rival for the GOP presidential nomination, officially released his delegates Friday and encouraged them to back Romney at next week's Republican National Convention.

"I am pleased to share the news with my supporters that I am releasing my delegates in support of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan so we can go in to next week's convention united and committed to defeating Barack Obama in November," Santorum said in a Friday statement. "This is our opportunity to energize our party with a strong, conservative ticket. I look forward to making the case on Tuesday night for Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan, because I believe their conservative policies will put our country back on a path to prosperity."

The former senator from Pennsylvania said he will "make this announcement formal" in a letter later on Friday.

Santorum won the Iowa caucuses in January and came closest to Romney in the race for the Republican nomination. Santorum won 261 delegates before dropping out in mid-April as the delegate math appeared stacked against him. He later said other factors, including the health of his youngest daughter, played a role.

The Republican National Convention this week released a schedule showing Santorum among the speakers slated for Tuesday evening.

During his bid for the nomination, Santorum used scathing attacks on Romney for his role in Massachusetts' health care law, which was used as a model for the national law signed by President Barack Obama that Republicans have vowed to repeal.

In March, Santorum stood on the steps of the Supreme Court to blast Romney as the "worst candidate" to take on the president on health care.

In April, Santorum endorsed Romney in a late-night email to supporters, saying the former Massachusetts governor was a far better choice than President Barack Obama.

"Above all else, we both agree that President Obama must be defeated," Santorum wrote. "The task will not be easy. It will require all hands on deck if our nominee is to be victorious. Governor Romney will be that nominee and he has my endorsement and support to win this the most critical election of our lifetime."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/24/santorum-releases-delegates-ahead-of-gop-convention/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #674 on: July 27, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »

Sorry, but Trump is an entertainer WAY more than he's a businessman.  He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he inherited an empire than nearly crashed twice, and he's a lifetime liberal who has given tons of $ to Reid, Rahm, and others. 

If he wasn't screaming about the birth cert - you'd see him as a POS liberal elitist.  This whole "businessman" thing - sorry, no.  His irrational and immature statements would get any CEO fired.  We should invade this country and take oil?  We should just tell OPEC what to do?  Gimme a break.  The man's a liberal elite who dealt with the likes of kadaffi.  Period.

The fact you're so high on the guy tells me the 2012 repub field is a bucket of shit at the moment :(

Look, it was 4 1/2 years ago, and I called Trump a liberal then. 

Today, he endorses amnesty.   He's a liberal.  Sorry, repubs, sorry coach.  Trump is a lib.