Author Topic: OUCH!!! ROCK!!! Consider yourself SERVED!!!  (Read 7658 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: OUCH!!! ROCK!!! Consider yourself SERVED!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 04:56:25 AM »
The most interesting thing about Raw for me was Cena being allowed to use a bit of innuendo in his 'rap'.  It's nowhere near Attitude, but it's not exactly PG either.  Also, they didn't bother bleeping the 'Ass's out of the replay of Rock from last week.  Is this the turning point we're all been waiting for, or just something to build WM?

Most of Rock's diatribe came after 11 p.m. So, that may explain why they allowed him to do that. When Rock started, it was just before 11. When he first said the word, they muted him.

While they didn't do that with Cena, he only said it once. And Cena's used the innuendo, particularly when he was dogging then-Nexus-member, Justin Gabriel. He said he had an "alternative way of thinking".

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 07:21:43 AM »
No thanks...I'd rather go take a dump.

Probably a better idea. Nothing like a good healthy dump.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 07:52:49 AM »
I wonder how many writers it took to come up with Cena's "rap?"  He did memorize it pretty well.....
Exactly....but certain "know it alls" on here think that he actually conjured that up himself. If he did, he would be rolling in millions and millions of dollars just like Snoop, Dr.Dre, Eminem & 50 cent.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »
Cena destroyed the Rock...it wasn't even close.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »

I really don't think so.  I thought Rock's was very funny and nailed Cena on quite a few things.....Cena's seemed WAY to rehearsed.  Not that it wasn't funny too, but I just don't like when something comes across as completely memorized.  But to each their own....

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 08:52:45 PM »
something between Doink the Clown and necrophilia.

;D

Most of Rock's diatribe came after 11 p.m. So, that may explain why they allowed him to do that. When Rock started, it was just before 11. When he first said the word, they muted him.

While they didn't do that with Cena, he only said it once. And Cena's used the innuendo, particularly when he was dogging then-Nexus-member, Justin Gabriel. He said he had an "alternative way of thinking".

In the UK, Rock was bleeped throughout the whole segment?  But this week, they didn't bleep it at all during the replay.  And I know Cena has made the odd comment here and there, but he was given a bit more freedom this week, which is a step in the right direction.

It's close, but I'd give it to Rock.  He's got better delivery, and his came across as a lot less prepared and more off the cuff.  Cena can adlib very well, so it'll be interesting when they get them both on the mic at the same time.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 05:02:20 AM »
Now since all Cena did was make homosexual slurs? Are we starting to see the end to this PG rating?

You're confusing edgy with homophobic. Cena's jokes were the latter. It wouldn't surprise me if some gay groups find out about this and start sending letters to the WWE's sponsors.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
I really don't think so.  I thought Rock's was very funny and nailed Cena on quite a few things.....Cena's seemed WAY to rehearsed.  Not that it wasn't funny too, but I just don't like when something comes across as completely memorized.  But to each their own....
Like when he said that even a blind Stevie Wonder locked in a dark basement could see him with his bright purple shirts and that he looked like a bowl of fruity pepples.  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 05:28:03 AM »
Like when he said that even a blind Stevie Wonder locked in a dark basement could see him with his bright purple shirts and that he looked like a bowl of fruity pepples.  ;D

haha, yes.  the whole "of course we can see you!" and the lines with the peek-a-boo were classic Rock. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 05:32:06 AM »

haha, yes.  the whole "of course we can see you!" and the lines with the peek-a-boo were classic Rock. 
Too each there own but I honestly think that Cena's jabs at the Rock were lame. You can tell that the crowd was way more into the Rock's promo and Jim Ross even stated the same thing on one of his recent blogs. Jim Ross used to be the VP of talent relations so if anyone had the right to critisize it would be him.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 05:52:52 AM »
Too each there own but I honestly think that Cena's jabs at the Rock were lame. You can tell that the crowd was way more into the Rock's promo and Jim Ross even stated the same thing on one of his recent blogs. Jim Ross used to be the VP of talent relations so if anyone had the right to critisize it would be him.

I agree. I thought the crowd was rather subdued during Cena's "poem' or whatever you want to call.  Granted, I'm sure people will point out Rock had been away so long, but even considering that, he certainly got a better reaction from the live audience.

I think Cena's promo would have been better had he done basically the same ribs, but not in that rap/poem delivery.  Poke fun at the Tooth Fairy, Get Shorty, etc... but just do it more straight forward.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 07:00:01 AM »
I agree. I thought the crowd was rather subdued during Cena's "poem' or whatever you want to call.  Granted, I'm sure people will point out Rock had been away so long, but even considering that, he certainly got a better reaction from the live audience.

I think Cena's promo would have been better had he done basically the same ribs, but not in that rap/poem delivery.  Poke fun at the Tooth Fairy, Get Shorty, etc... but just do it more straight forward.
If it means anything to anyone, I went to see Raw 3 times in the last two years here and every single time Cena came out they would boo the living daylights out of him. Its not a shot to Cena's ring work or success in the business but it is what it is. WHen I watched the same Raw that I attended which I PVR'd the night I went, all of a sudden, fans were cheering.....get my drift? They fill in the cheering via audio tech. Same with negative Cena signs. They get confiscated at the door because Vince doesn't want any bad negativity on his new "posterboy".

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 07:08:41 AM »
If it means anything to anyone, I went to see Raw 3 times in the last two years here and every single time Cena came out they would boo the living daylights out of him. Its not a shot to Cena's ring work or success in the business but it is what it is. WHen I watched the same Raw that I attended which I PVR'd the night I went, all of a sudden, fans were cheering.....get my drift? They fill in the cheering via audio tech. Same with negative Cena signs. They get confiscated at the door because Vince doesn't want any bad negativity on his new "posterboy".

Sad, that reminds me of the piped in Goldberg chants in WCW back in the day.....  Everything is too manufactured for me, nothing on the fly or off the cuff anymore.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2011, 07:18:37 AM »
Sad, that reminds me of the piped in Goldberg chants in WCW back in the day.....  Everything is too manufactured for me, nothing on the fly or off the cuff anymore.....
Scott Steiner was one of the first to open the public eye to the politicing behind the scenes in the WWE. He said in WCW, he was doing his own promos and calling his own shots. In WWE he was told what to say and had to read everything off a cube card even if it sounded stupid. The result? Big Papa Pump was a way better wrestler and more fun charactor to watch in his WCW days with Madajia. That's just one example. There are only a select
few in the WWE that could say whatever they wanted and Austin and the Rock are two perfect examples.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
I thought the crowd was rather subdued during Cena's "poem'

I just LOL'ed!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 02:52:50 PM »

I just LOL'ed!!

;D  Well, I wouldn't call it "rap" would you?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »
;D  Well, I wouldn't call it "rap" would you?

John Cena, the Rock says this...

You come out here and recite your stupid, little Haiku like you're in the fourth-grade talent show...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 05:07:42 AM »

John Cena, the Rock says this...

You come out here and recite your stupid, little Haiku like you're in the fourth-grade talent show...
;D  ;D  ;D

"Sit down Michael Cole....you look like a drunk hobbit."