Author Topic: Lexus LFA Launch Control...  (Read 4109 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Lexus LFA Launch Control...
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
This will wake up getbiggers this morning (from a snowy sleep)
listen to that sound of 9500 RPMs of a 4.8 liter V10
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/02/14/lexus-lfa-launch-control-video/

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: Lexus LFA Launch Control...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:52:33 AM »
thats one badass car

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:56:23 AM »
if I had the car, I wouldn't need women.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:20:16 AM »
thats one badass car
In that link there is a red LFA that was being delivered in Costa Rica, as I was looking at it, in terms of design, the LFA has that Robotech/Gundam Wing techy look to it. The Japanese tend to design cars and bikes with a function over form look to it---and this thing has that look, but with a Robotech insectoid look to it. Badass it is..
if I had the car, I wouldn't need women.
Quite true.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:25:58 AM »
true, just look at the Nissan gtr, looks like LFAs  less brutal cousin

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »

"Damn, that Lexus Launch Control...I wish I had that on my Jag..."

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 06:52:48 AM »
titus did lost his control that night as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:02 AM »
titus did lost his control that night as well.
Quite true, quite true indeed.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »
This will wake up getbiggers this morning (from a snowy sleep)
listen to that sound of 9500 RPMs of a 4.8 liter V10
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/02/14/lexus-lfa-launch-control-video/

sounds subdued needs more bass  ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
a fast P U S SY deserves a fast car

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »

sounds subdued needs more bass  ;D
Coinsidently, all published performance times have been with the preproduction cars that didn't have launch control...

And that LFA in those pics with Paris Hilton is not her car, it is the sane car in the Lexus commercial and is a preproduction car---it has the tiny winglets on the back of the car, all production cars don't have those--the rear is rounded...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »
Coinsidently, all published performance times have been with the preproduction cars that didn't have launch control...

And that LFA in those pics with Paris Hilton is not her car, it is the sane car in the Lexus commercial and is a preproduction car---it has the tiny winglets on the back of the car, all production cars don't have those--the rear is rounded...

is the Lanch Control going to be like the unit on the GT-R ? where you'll void the warranty if you use it more than 5 times?  ::) fucking dumb-asses , Japanese cars need to out-source their design to Italy  because they've yet to make a truly stunning looking car

and Paris Hilton = product placement  :-X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
is the Lanch Control going to be like the unit on the GT-R ? where you'll void the warranty if you use it more than 5 times?  ::) fucking dumb-asses , Japanese cars need to out-source their design to Italy  because they've yet to make a truly stunning looking car

and Paris Hilton = product placement  :-X
Probably not, I don't know the INS and OUTs of the launch control, but they had said that all production cars would have it...better launches, lower ETs and 0-60, 0-100 times. I doubt it will be like the GT-Rs

as was stated before, Japan's car design language is diff, it reps the country's/Corporate view/cultural aspects on design...they design things (cars, bikes, knives, etc) based on function. Italians, art and function---form and function must reside in harmony---the car must perform, yet have sex appeal.
The Brits, that to a lesser extent, but the chassis must be great. The Germans---subdued, much like the Japanese...
Americans---it's a mixture of "cool fuck off-ness", badass, and function...Case in point, the 67-70 Mustang, the 68-69 Dodge Charger, the 63-67 Corvette, the 60's Cougar, the 60's Camaro, the 1st-4th gen Vipers, the new Camaro, the C6 Corvette ZR-1, and the Cadillac CTS-V sedan and coupe.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
Probably not, I don't know the INS and OUTs of the launch control, but they had said that all production cars would have it...better launches, lower ETs and 0-60, 0-100 times. I doubt it will be like the GT-Rs

as was stated before, Japan's car design language is diff, it reps the country's/Corporate view/cultural aspects on design...they design things (cars, bikes, knives, etc) based on function. Italians, art and function---form and function must reside in harmony---the car must perform, yet have sex appeal.
The Brits, that to a lesser extent, but the chassis must be great. The Germans---subdued, much like the Japanese...
Americans---it's a mixture of "cool fuck off-ness", badass, and function...Case in point, the 67-70 Mustang, the 68-69 Dodge Charger, the 63-67 Corvette, the 60's Cougar, the 60's Camaro, the 1st-4th gen Vipers, the new Camaro, the C6 Corvette ZR-1, and the Cadillac CTS-V sedan and coupe.

the GT-R styling was inspired by Gundam Warriors  ::) the people with the money to buy one don't have the slightest fucking clue what Gundam Warriors are the LFA isn't terrible looking but for a flagship it should have been more , hey sometimes Ferrari makes a lemon but they have a long list of timeless designs to hark back too

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 01:50:01 PM »
the GT-R styling was inspired by Gundam Warriors  ::) the people with the money to buy one don't have the slightest fucking clue what Gundam Warriors are the LFA isn't terrible looking but for a flagship it should have been more , hey sometimes Ferrari makes a lemon but they have a long list of timeless designs to hark back too
I agree in terms of the LFA, I don't really like the front air intakes and the overall front view, I liked the way the rear looked in the first LF-A show car, and the front of the second LF-A show car (both were diff stylings)...at least Nissan and Lexus/Toyota built there's...Honda only built there's for racing only, and with a 3.4 liter V8, that makes over 500, not the V10 that they claimed...and they should have used the HSC concept from 2003...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
What Honda was too scared to produce for production, the HSV-010, otherwise known as the NSX

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSV-010_GT?wasRedirected=true

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
What Honda was too scared to produce for production, the HSV-010, otherwise known as the NSX

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSV-010_GT?wasRedirected=true

for the longest time in Japan they were strictly limited to making cars with no more than 285HP great logic  ::) the Mitsu 3000 GTVR4 was one of the first exceptions ( and ugly as sin ) Honda needs to get back in the exotic car game the NSX while an under-rated car left a lot to be desired and Toyota is gone too maybe the LFA will start the brand wars and we'll see a new Supra and NSX , who knows.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »
for the longest time in Japan they were strictly limited to making cars with no more than 285HP great logic  ::) the Mitsu 3000 GTVR4 was one of the first exceptions ( and ugly as sin ) Honda needs to get back in the exotic car game the NSX while an under-rated car left a lot to be desired and Toyota is gone too maybe the LFA will start the brand wars and we'll see a new Supra and NSX , who knows.

Honda won't give the Acura brand RWD or a V8, their best cars are the SUVs and the TSX, everything else has beaks and terrible origami design---like a bad impersonation of Cadillac design...or a Cadillac designer tripping on acid while watching SilverHawks cartoons.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »
Honda won't give the Acura brand RWD or a V8, their best cars are the SUVs and the TSX, everything else has beaks and terrible origami design---like a bad impersonation of Cadillac design...or a Cadillac designer tripping on acid while watching SilverHawks cartoons.

lmfao the NSX was rear wheel drive but it was also a Honda everywhere else except the US  ???

who needs a new Honda super car when we have cheesefrogs civic?

fucking impressive even if it is a roll-on

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »
lmfao the NSX was rear wheel drive but it was also a Honda everywhere else except the US  ???

who needs a new Honda super car when we have cheesefrogs civic?

fucking impressive even if it is a roll-on
Yep, Nissan has just brought it's Infiniti brand to the UK as of a few yrs ago...
The Acura brand was as you know, intended for the US...as was Infiniti and Lexus...

In A area  where I work, there are way too many Hondas, of the 25 yr old CRX variety... Many of them are "half a car"---no fenders, headlights, or bumpers, and they beat everything on the road.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 05:22:38 PM »

So you really believe those cars were 280?? It was a gentlemans agreement and certainly the supra rz, and gtr were all over 300. Dynos don't lie and neither does stock performance when both those cars were hitting low 13's to high 12's in the quarter.

About the LFA I've seen one on the road in LA and at a show where they were testing. Sound is comparative to a Carrera gt. No other v10 sounds like that. Best for the money I'd have to go with the e60 m5.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »

So you really believe those cars were 280?? It was a gentlemans agreement and certainly the supra rz, and gtr were all over 300. Dynos don't lie and neither does stock performance when both those cars were hitting low 13's to high 12's in the quarter.

About the LFA I've seen one on the road in LA and at a show where they were testing. Sound is comparative to a Carrera gt. No other v10 sounds like that. Best for the money I'd have to go with the e60 m5.
Agreed with the V10 comment---there is a 2006 E60 M5 at the BMW dealership near me, for around 35 grand...

BMW's V10's and S65 V8s will be collector's items...if only they made a 8 series and put that V10 in it...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »
i want a lambo gallardo superleggera, but i cant have that ill settle for a lotus exige