Author Topic: Strikeforce...Delaying GP.  (Read 2692 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Strikeforce...Delaying GP.
« on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:31 AM »
How long is this "GP Event" going to take to complete?  They are really screwing this up and people are going to lose interest.

Lot's of marketing B.S. involved with this GP event.  If it takes a year+ to complete, how is this any different than a normal year of events for the UFC? The UFC continually and frequently holds events to see who is the best contender in ALL divisions, so why is this Strikeforce event such an epic event, that is, if they can even pull it off?   

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sources-Strikeforce-to-Delay-GP-Fights-Targeting-California-for-April-30344

With the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in the books, April 9 had become the focus for the other half of the quarterfinals, but it now appears that fans will have to wait a little longer to see who will be squaring off with Antonio Silva and Sergei Kharitonov.

Sherdog.com learned today via sources close to the promotion that Strikeforce is planning to run its previously scheduled April date in California, and that the two remaining quarterfinal bouts will most likely be pushed off the card.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Strikeforce...Delaying GP.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
Trust me, this "grand prix" will never be completed....
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
I've lost track at how many hiccups and delays they've had.

How can you plan for a GP and not even have a venue planned for the individual events?

The "Can Crusher" getting demolished in embarrassing fashion didn't help either.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
lol...the "can crusher".
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
they really needed to have this thing settled all in one night in Japan like the good old days...

they're going to be competing with JDS/lesnar and Velaquez's comeback fight now

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
they really needed to have this thing settled all in one night in Japan like the good old days...

they're going to be competing with JDS/lesnar and Velaquez's comeback fight now

It's funny.  The day before the 1st fight, I had just finished training and one of the guys was talking about how excited he was about the tournament.  He thought it was all going down in one night.  When I told him it wasn't, he was pissed...lol.
w

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:53:40 AM »
It's funny.  The day before the 1st fight, I had just finished training and one of the guys was talking about how excited he was about the tournament.  He thought it was all going down in one night.  When I told him it wasn't, he was pissed...lol.

That's what happens when you train with 8 year old girls  ;D
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 01:01:46 PM »
That's what happens when you train with 8 year old girls  ;D

One is 7 and the other is 9 >:(
w

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:35:52 PM »

Hell yeah. I can barely believe that was how they used to do it.

I never expected this Strikeforce Grand Prix to be in one night, but i at least thought they had a bunch of dates set in stone for it, reasonably close together. Seems just plain disorganized.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
but i at least thought they had a bunch of dates set in stone for it, reasonably close together. Seems just plain disorganized.

I know...

gut feeling is we'll never see this thing completed now that Fedor's out..

it's kind of screwed up in the first place that they're basically not even recognizing Overreem as their champion when they started this...almost like he was stripped of his title without even defending it.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 07:31:14 PM »
I know...

gut feeling is we'll never see this thing completed now that Fedor's out..

it's kind of screwed up in the first place that they're basically not even recognizing Overreem as their champion when they started this...almost like he was stripped of his title without even defending it.

They havent even been promoting Overeem properly or even tried to make a decent attempt at introducing him to the dumb US fans. They built the whole tournament around Fedor and now hes out and IMO won't be very competitive at this point of his career.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
They havent even been promoting Overeem properly or even tried to make a decent attempt at introducing him to the dumb US fans. They built the whole tournament around Fedor and now hes out and IMO won't be very competitive at this point of his career.

What makes the US fans so dumb? Overeem rarely fights in the U.S.?

Why would US fans have any reason to follow him? or many fighters who are not promoted in the U.S.?

Are you saying the US fans are dumb because his fight organization and management doesn't promote him well in the U.S.?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »
What makes the US fans so dumb? Overeem rarely fights in the U.S.?

Why would US fans have any reason to follow him? or many fighters who are not promoted in the U.S.?

Are you saying the US fans are dumb because his fight organization and management doesn't promote him well in the U.S.?

No its just a known fact in the MMA community. US fans are uneducated and it is merely entertainment to them. Did I strike a nerve with you there Captain America?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »
No its just a known fact in the MMA community. US fans are uneducated and it is merely entertainment to them. Did I strike a nerve with you there Captain America?

Please post a link to this "well known fact" please?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »
Please post a link to this "well known fact" please?

Dude just go on Sherdog for 10 minutes most of the retarded claims and hate towards non American fighters are go figure Americans lol. Just like you hating everything thats not UFC, its very obvious.

Fighters and MMA personalities have also eluded to that fact before ie Rampage, Rutten

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
Dude just go on Sherdog for 10 minutes most of the retarded claims and hate towards non American fighters are go figure Americans lol. Just like you hating everything thats not UFC, its very obvious.

Fighters and MMA personalities have also eluded to that fact before ie Rampage, Rutten

I asked for a link.....not excuses. Sounds to me like you got race issues.

Please post a link to your facts, before your racist remarks are reported.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 02:56:28 PM »
I asked for a link.....not excuses. Sounds to me like you got race issues.

Please post a link to your facts, before your racist remarks are reported.

Ive already reported you boy!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »
Ive already reported you boy!

Last chance, post some proof showing US fans are dumb?

Nice gimmick BTW.  I don't care if people use gimmicks anyways, as long as you can back up your comments.
You remember, we've had this discussion before.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:08 PM »
Last chance, post some proof showing US fans are dumb?

Nice gimmick BTW.  I don't care if people use gimmicks anyways, as long as you can back up your comments.
You remember, we've had this discussion before.

How can you prove i'm being "racist" against my own people??  :-[

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:33 PM »
How can you prove i'm being "racist" against my own people??  :-[

lots of people are...
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »

So are you admitting that this is indeed your opinion and not fact?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
No, its just general consensus.