Author Topic: Response to jay culers Chinning video 300lb wont be able to chin too heavy (vide  (Read 6238 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
choice is an illusion

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
And how many Olympias have this Joel-dude under his belt  ::)
Some here seems not to understand, Jay is not prepping for chin-up contest for fuks sake...

In Jay's video... he is doing chins to hit the back. Not his biceps. He was pulling solely by his lats. Any upper and biceps would've got a good workout also - which was not Jays agenda that day.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
if he can do 4 plates each side bent over rows im pretty sure he could do chins. could have been at the end of a back workout.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Jay could probably handle more weight on the pull down machine than any of the huge "guys" on here

crane pull ups

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
And how many Olympias have this Joel-dude under his belt  ::)
Some here seems not to understand, Jay is not prepping for chin-up contest for fuks sake...

In Jay's video... he is doing chins to hit the back. Not his biceps. He was pulling solely by his lats. Any upper and biceps would've got a good workout also - which was not Jays agenda that day.

the thread wasnt about who won more competitions.....
i only chose to post this vid to debunk the whole im 300lb so i cant chin theory
choice is an illusion

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
yeah, i dont get what the fuss is about.

a bunch of fools crying foul because mr.o cant do chins..yet he does pulldowns like a mo fo..and a contest isnt judges on how many chins he can do.

did yates do chins, how about coleman?, and what about haney?..three great backs with complete physiques.

maybe mr.o should be that dude who does dozens of urban chins and has the legs of a paraplegic?

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
the thread wasnt about who won more competitions.....
i only chose to post this vid to debunk the whole im 300lb so i cant chin theory

you are not understanding the comments then. it wasnt about n excuse for being not able to chin.

it was that some guys grow massive backs without having to pull down heavy. and for jay, his bodyweight is beyond what he needs to build a big back.

some people just dont have the physiology do be good, efficient movers in certain exercises..doesnt mean they cant grow.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
Chins are a great exercise but are not the only way. As the previous posts said , neither Yates or Coleman did chins but those guys had the best backs ever. Its simply about genetics and intensity,

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Jay could probably handle more weight on the pull down machine than any of the huge "guys" on here

crane pull ups

nope. these guys are using the equivalent to attached weights...in this case its their massive balls.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V

crane pull ups

crazy guy damn
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
Chins are a great exercise but are not the only way. As the previous posts said , neither Yates or Coleman did chins but those guys had the best backs ever. Its simply about genetics and intensity,
sure ive seen coleman doin chins
... like i said chins arent for everybody... no excersise is...
it just make laugh the whole im over 200lb so i cant chin
choice is an illusion

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party

:-\

whats with the need to pull a suitcase on wheels to the gym ? does he have duplicate backup workout costumes in it ?

goddamn this bodybuilding is GAY GAY GAY I tell ya....
K

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
sure ive seen coleman doin chins
... like i said chins arent for everybody... no excersise is...
it just make laugh the whole im over 200lb so i cant chin

I am sure on occassions he would do chins but rarely. As for not being able to chin over a deuce, give me a break. 8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You can do almost anything when your on that much shit

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
I am sure on occassions he would do chins but rarely. As for not being able to chin over a deuce, give me a break. 8)
thats what a lot of these big guys say im over a duesce and i knock out 3 sets of 20s on back day
current bbing is just fucking lazy... all drugs gurus orange roughy and tilapia
300lb of solid muscle and cant do one chin....
thats bad
why did he even post that video
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

a bunch of fools crying foul because mr.o cant do chins..yet he does pulldowns like a mo fo..and a contest isnt judges on how many chins he can do.

did yates do chins, how about coleman?, and what about haney?..three great backs with complete physiques.

maybe mr.o should be that dude who does dozens of urban chins and has the legs of a paraplegic

pull downs and chins are diff...you can easily hike down the weight, and if there is a pad over your knees you can use it to "lock" your lower body and "pull down" the weight...and use momentum...
One can use momentum for pull ups, but you are fighting gravity more when you are pulling up, than pulling down...And you really get that stretch at the bottom, as you are pulling up---your weight is the resistance---and if you go real slow and squeeze starting at the base of the traps thru the whole back complex you get a very tiresome workout.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
pull downs and chins are diff...you can easily hike down the weight, and if there is a pad over your knees you can use it to "lock" your lower body and "pull down" the weight...and use momentum...
One can use momentum for pull ups, but you are fighting gravity more when you are pulling up, than pulling down...And you really get that stretch at the bottom, as you are pulling up---your weight is the resistance---and if you go real slow and squeeze starting at the base of the traps thru the whole back complex you get a very tiresome workout.
agree here most vids ive watched with jay and most big pros they hike the weight doen by leaning back in an extreme fashion on each rep
.... very hard to cheat like this with chins... thats why a lot of pros dont do them.. same as deads cant cheat with those  and their bitch hard to do
choice is an illusion

Per Se

• Getbig III

maybe mr.o should be that dude who does dozens of urban chins and has the legs of a paraplegic?

The point is Jay is a huge muscular man, (suposedly the best built man in the world)....yet he can't even do a few chins!!!!!!! Fuck!!
A bodyweight exercise.
Couldnt even get his chin past the bar with Hany holding his legs. I know chinning is not a requirement to be Mr O, but the fact that he cant do any, is fucking g*y in my humble honest opinion.  ***Elite athlete  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
The point is Jay is a huge muscular man, (suposedly the best built man in the world)....yet he can't even do a few chins!!!!!!! Fuck!!
A bodyweight exercise.
Couldnt even get his chin past the bar with Hany holding his legs. I know chinning is not a requirement to be Mr O, but the fact that he cant do any, is fucking g*y in my humble honest opinion.  ***Elite athlete  ::)
Now we know that in some sort of life or death situation---say he rolled his car over a ravine, that he would have a very hard time pulling himself up over a cliff...Best built man on the planet, can't pull himself up...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Jay is Mr Olympia and is doing what it takes to stay up there, so what's the big deal if he can't do chins? I'm sure if he worked on it specifically, he could do 12 - 15 reps in a few months, but given how long he's been training and how frequently, I doubt he's concerned about one single exercise to prove a point no one cares about.

Besides, even if he did do 15 reps, it doesn't prove that he's healthy or athletic or anything else. Mes, I see your point, but chins don't help you win the Mr Olympia. I'm sure he's done his share of chins over the years. And I know if he could do them, people would then pick on the fact that he can't sprint or run marathons or something else, lol.

Bottom line, bodybuilding at the Olympia level isn't about health or athleticism or even strength and endurance.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Jay Cutler's back and lats are very strong. But wide grip chins is a type of exercise where heavy guys especially often have trouble due to the mechanics. It's the top range. They could add 50lbs and do the first half easily. I doubt even Joel Stubbs could do a single wide-grip chin legally in "chinning competitions"... the rules are basically that the chin cleanly clears the bar. OTOH smaller guys can do sternum chins which are even harder.

Not necessarily laziness or "poor strength".

Per Se

• Getbig III
Now we know that in some sort of life or death situation---say he rolled his car over a ravine, that he would have a very hard time pulling himself up over a cliff...Best built man on the planet, can't pull himself up...

Loool my sentiments exactly!  Let's just hope Hany would be there to help

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Anyone have a link to vid of Coleman chinning? For all his strength and unlaziness, even he couldn't do a single rep where his upper chest hits a straight chinning bar, the way many light guys can. Or even where his chin clears the bar easily. Can't remember what his chins look like so could be wrong.  :D

Parker

• Getbig V
Mesomorph, who is that tall black dude from the UK who is like a bodyguard for 50 Cent? I think you said you've trained with him? Big arms and traps...

BTW, Orville Burke had said that he used to do chins and attributed that to his width---and he still did them and look at his back.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
tiny iron... hes my training partners cousin
huge in person... yes big traps not so much in pics as hes 6'5 or something
choice is an illusion