Author Topic: Alcoholics Anonymous  (Read 5672 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
dude i didnt drink for 4 years...before that i drank alot and often...the 1st 6 months of that 4 years was harder than the 3 and half years that followed....point is ur in a pattern...the pattern of drinking...u need to reset ur pattern and it doesnt happen over night....You should go to AA everyday to start a new cycle of ur life....contrary to some beliefs you dont need to "find god" to do this...just find urself...the person you are & can be without alcohol...it will take time...ur skin will crawl and your head will race...but eventually u will come out the other side with clarity and new found vigor for life...If not you'll die at the bottom of a bottle of booze...

you dont need meds just alot of water ,exercise,vitamins and hard work...and still it took me 6 months to feel right...might take you more or less...regardless do yourself a favor and just stop...
Qf motherfucking truf an' shit.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »
What's funny, is that where I used to work, there would be tons of hot chicks who would have to see te Drunken Driver Monitor, and a lot of the attorneys before they passed the bar would come in to get their DUIs expunged---and guess what many of them practice in? DUI cases...

And many Domestic Violence cases usually start with one or both parties being drunk...
But, what's odd, is that it seems that women are out pacing men in being drunk and being ordered to go to AA classes.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 04:20:50 PM »
get some antabuse (or generic equivalent) 1 pill = can't drink for a week (or emergency room/death).

take one when you're motivated, and when your will weakens...there really isn't much you can do except not drink.
The answer is "yes".

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
get some antabuse (or generic equivalent) 1 pill = can't drink for a week (or emergency room/death).

take one when you're motivated, and when your will weakens...there really isn't much you can do except not drink.
Thats the shit I was thinking of.
But if you take it, you gotta be ready, cause if you get weak and drink, itll fuck your life up.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »

Heard it's tough to get as you can kill yourself if you drink while on it. Truth?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 05:06:13 PM »
you dont need that SHIT...dont fall into the trap that everything can be cured with a pill...

grab ur balls and man up or drown in a bottle until you die nuff said...
DAWG

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
I went to about 70 of the meetings for court obligations. The only good thing about it is that it's an influence that supports you not drinking. Aside from that it's a bunch of lonely beat up people with no one at home that wants to hear them talk. So they go down to AA where they have there own few minutes to be the center of attention, and talk about shit you don't give a god damn about. It's fucking pathetic to me.

Very few are worth listening to. There are guys that are all about the 12 step program and love to hangout there and "spread the word of the suffering alcoholic." I want to choke 9 out of 10 people in there. They all have their cute little sayings like "To keep it you gotta give it away!" It makes me want to fucking shit my pants. Then there's the assholes who make a little title for themselves like "I'm donny, a pedigree alcoholic." Fuck I hate people that enjoy AA.

You should have talked about Men in Thongs

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 11:43:57 PM »
Adopt a gimmick.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »
dude i didnt drink for 4 years...before that i drank alot and often...the 1st 6 months of that 4 years was harder than the 3 and half years that followed....point is ur in a pattern...the pattern of drinking...u need to reset ur pattern and it doesnt happen over night....You should go to AA everyday to start a new cycle of ur life....contrary to some beliefs you dont need to "find god" to do this...just find urself...the person you are & can be without alcohol...it will take time...ur skin will crawl and your head will race...but eventually u will come out the other side with clarity and new found vigor for life...If not you'll die at the bottom of a bottle of booze...

you dont need meds just alot of water ,exercise,vitamins and hard work...and still it took me 6 months to feel right...might take you more or less...regardless do yourself a favor and just stop...
This ^ in bold good post BLD.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 01:08:05 AM »
Big L you said it right. I was never a drinker, this is just a bad fucking habit I picked up. Making a legit run at sobriety here folks, back to bodybuilding training diet the whole 9. I have remembered what I was like to be 20 and being into bbing 100% and just NOT DRINKING. It was never a big deal and it should not be now. I have to suffer through needy dopamine receptors and I realize that. Just have to deal with it. Fuck booze. Bodybuilders don't drink! I remember turning down booze and drugs because it interfered with protein synthesis. My how I have fallen. I will come back stronger than ever 100%.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 03:41:39 AM »
wish you the best...
DAWG

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 11:44:41 AM »
antabuse will NOT cause death. Yes there have been cases where it has, but these are extrodinarily rare.  You will however get sick as shit if you drink on it.

If you are gonig to take it. pop one, then dont drink for 4 days to a week.  youll be fine

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
Rehab is for quitters

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
Rehab is for quitters

you make very valid points

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
You should have talked about Men in Thongs
Let me tell you about Bill W.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »
As an outsider my view is that "god" is one of the strongest drugs there is. So you are merely switching drugs. Like they say, there's no cure, so you need to be on the new drug for life.

And oh yeah, 5% success rate. I'd go with Charlies plan which has 100% success rate.  :D

I quit religion cold turkey..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:43 AM »
I love alcohol :)

.....oh wait,what is this thread about ???

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »
 Drinking sucks.

Why drink when you can smoke weed, take pills and do psychedelics?

Alcohol is a shitty high. Of course I drink socially but it's nothing amazing.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »