Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Motorcycle License?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
You have to be retarded to not know you need a motorcycle license. I mean really?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »
You have to be retarded to not know you need a motorcycle license. I mean really?

This.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »
Yes... everyone who rides a motorcycle has to have an M endorsement... You never saw those little blurbs and pamphlets at the DMV regarding motorcycle licenses?

Shocking.

You only need one to ride on the roads... You can ride in dirt without one to your hearts content... I was riding minibikes as a tyke and small 75s and 100s until I was about 13.

newmom

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »
hey if I can have a motorcycle license anyone can do it ;D. Took the course last year and week later took the test.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
hey if I can have a motorcycle license anyone can do it ;D. Took the course last year and week later took the test.

Yep, I got mine too.  Take the course and if you pass they give you a certificate that you take to the dmv and you get your M endorsement without having to take the test at the dmv!  At least that's how it is in md and va!  Good luck homie!

newmom

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 04:27:02 PM »
Yep, I got mine too.  Take the course and if you pass they give you a certificate that you take to the dmv and you get your M endorsement without having to take the test at the dmv!  At least that's how it is in md and va!  Good luck homie!

oh that's cool you didn't have to go to dmv. Here in CT, you had the option up until October to make an appt and just take the motorcycle riders test at the dmv but now it's mandatory to take the course. When I took it, the course was 200 now it's 450 I think.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »
Motorcycle licenses are for losers.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »
this x4.
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
oh that's cool you didn't have to go to dmv. Here in CT, you had the option up until October to make an appt and just take the motorcycle riders test at the dmv but now it's mandatory to take the course. When I took it, the course was 200 now it's 450 I think.

In MD you can choose not to take the course and go take the test directly at the DMV - the test at the DMV is PASS or FAIL

Or

You can choose to take the 3 day course, and take a test at the end of the course but the test there is on a point system so its a bit more forgiving, and if you pass that test then you pass the class and they give you a certificate that you just take to the DMV and they give you the M endorsement right away - hell they didn't even give me an eye exam when I Went!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
Simple lesson in types of licenses by the DMV

No matter where you are in the US, the first thing you need before you get behind the wheel is your driving license. A driving license is not a mere document affirming your driving abilities. It's also important to prove your identity with your photograph, proof of age, and place of origin. You will gradually come to find its utility as a proof of identity in managing your day-to-day affairs.

The basic criteria for obtaining a driving license vary from state to state. In several states such as New York, the driving privilege is restricted in the case of being below the age of 18 or holding an out-of-state learner's permit. The DMV has different restrictions and endorsements for different classes of vehicles and cargos.

Below we will describe the different types of drivers licenses issued by state DMVs. Classes A, B, and C are for drivers of commercial motor vehicles such as large trucks and buses. Classes D and E are for drivers of non-commercial vehicles.

Commercial, Class A, Class B and Class C (CDL): People who are 21 years of age or above are entitled to apply for a Class A driver license. They can also apply for any CDL with a hazardous materials endorsement.

Those who have turned 18 can apply for Class B or Class C driver license. These types of driver's licenses are valid for the same vehicles that can be driven by a Class E driver. The Class A, Class B or Class C drivers can also drive buses and trucks having a GVWR (gross vehicle weight) of 26,001 lbs onwards. You can consult the official website of the DMV to find the information about changes for CDL (commercial) drivers. These changes are the result of the law that abolishes the Non-CDL Class C license.

Operator, Class D: The DMV issues this type of license to people 18 years of age and above. Those 17 years of age, but who completed a Driver's Education course, are also eligible for obtaining this type of license. Someone with such a type of license is allowed to drive passenger cars and trucks with a GVWR of not more than 26,000 lbs. They are also allowed to drive trailers and other towing vehicles with a maximum weight of 10,000 lbs. However, a Class D driver is allowed to tow a vehicle with a GVWR of more than 10,000 lbs, when the combined weight of the two vehicles does not surpass 26,000 lbs.

Taxi and Livery, Class E: The Class E driving license is issued to people 18 and older. This type of license applies for the same classes of vehicles that a class D driver can drive. In addition to that, for-hire vehicles with the capacity of carrying maximum 14 passengers can also be driven under this type of license.

Junior License, Class DJ: These are meant for people below 18 years of age. These types of driver's licenses are issued by the DMV with restrictions. You can get full information about them in the Learner Permits and junior section of your state DMV website. This teen driver's license allows the license holder to drive passenger cars and trucks with a GVWR of maximum10,000 lbs. A class DJ license holder can also drive towing vehicles with a maximum GVWR of 3,000 lbs. or less.

Motorcycle, Class MJ: for motorcycles: This type of license authorizes the person under 18 to drive motorcycles, but with restrictions. The full details of the eligibility for this type of license have been discussed in the sections, Learner Permits and Junior Licenses in the DMV website.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »

maybe you should re think riding a motorcycle or driving at all at this point.

How can you fit a helmet on a brain that big?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
Why can't drive a motoryccle?
You're senile?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »

It's because he's a gimmick

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
I don't understand why I need a motorcycle endorsement?

I obviously understand the rules of the road, I've had a drivers license for forty fucking years.

Different rules for motorcycles - especially in watching out for other cars, driving between lanes, driving in carpool lanes, driving in various weather, wearing a helmet, etc.    You may not need a different license, but our government thinks we do.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

I obviously understand the rules of the road, I've had a drivers license for forty fucking years.

Cus they want you know that you KNOW how to ride a bike.
A

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »

You clearly need to stay off of a Motorcycle.... Riding a bike is a lot different than driving a car.... I wish everyone had to take the riders edge course even if they are not going to ride a motorcycle. They would have a totally different outlook on how to drive around motorcyclist.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
Different rules for motorcycles - especially in watching out for other cars, driving between lanes, driving in carpool lanes, driving in various weather, wearing a helmet, etc.    You may not need a different license, but our government thinks we do.

Spoken for the truth - driving a motorcycle is VERY different than driving a car!

PS  I love when Ron steps into discussions!!  Its like god laying down the law!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »
Spoken for the truth - driving a motorcycle is VERY different than driving a car!

PS  I love when my nose gets into discussions!!  Its like god laying down the law!

;D

D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 04:42:10 AM »

PS  I love when Ron steps into discussions!!  Its like god laying down the law a fence walking unwilling to commit to either side!

fixed

newmom

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:03 AM »

try the u turn in small space on motorcycle during the course and feet can't touch the ground ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
WTF?

Just been informed that I've been riding illegally.

You've got to have a fucking license other than your regular license.

LAWL

I want to live in a free country for once...
Seriously how can anyone be that dumb? 

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »
try the u turn in small space on motorcycle during the course and feet can't touch the ground ;D

I haaaaaaaaaated the Figure 8!!!!!! 

The first U-Turn I did fine, no going out of the line and no feet on the ground, second U-Turn, I had to put my foot down or I was gonna drop the bike!