Author Topic: I Can't Function On A Bodybuilders Diet  (Read 6473 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: I Can't Function On A Bodybuilders Diet
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 10:26:52 PM »
Dude, eat something..

Thats too little.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
anabolic diet

i've been on for a month and lost 11-12lbs of fat.  no energy for the first week and then you're golden.  best diet i've ever been on.

http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:28 PM »
My job is very labor intensive and everytime I try to diet like a bodybuilder going into a competiton I feel completely drained.  How do you regular joes do it?

I eat every 2 hours except between my 3rd and 4th meals which is about 5 hours. 

My diet looks something like this:

meal 1: 2 rice cakes w/ peanut butter and sugar free jelly
meal 2: handful of baby carrots
meal 3: salad with a couple teaspoons of dressing
meal 4: 4 whole hard boiled eggs sliced with a handful of croutons (before workout)

5HTP+ECA

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »
anabolic diet

i've been on for a month and lost 11-12lbs of fat.  no energy for the first week and then you're golden.  best diet i've ever been on.

Thanks!

To show my appreciation

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »
Thanks!

To show my appreciation

That's not a girl with a huge black foreign object in her vagina.
from incomplete data

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:51 AM »
anabolic diet

i've been on for a month and lost 11-12lbs of fat.  no energy for the first week and then you're golden.  best diet i've ever been on.

Looks like a modified Keto diet.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »
anabolic diet

i've been on for a month and lost 11-12lbs of fat.  no energy for the first week and then you're golden.  best diet i've ever been on.

BTW aren't you afraid of cholesterol?  You're pretty much forced to eat fatty foods, but I'm gonna try it anyways.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 01:57:16 AM »
I thought eating frequent small meals speeds up metabolism.

Yeah, if the combo of those meals totalled added to at least your maintenance requirements. Just eating small meals for the sake of nutrient timing does nothing if the meals aren't calorically dense.

Now, if your goal is to win the biggest loser, and you aren't concerned about muscle mass gain and fat loss, go for it. Youll be a skinny fatty.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
Yeah, if the combo of those meals totalled added to at least your maintenance requirements. Just eating small meals for the sake of nutrient timing does nothing if the meals aren't calorically dense.

Now, if your goal is to win the biggest loser, and you aren't concerned about muscle mass gain and fat loss, go for it. Youll be a skinny fatty.

So heavy frequent meals that are low carb, moderate fat, high protein is optimal then?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 02:36:51 AM »
BTW aren't you afraid of cholesterol?  You're pretty much forced to eat fatty foods, but I'm gonna try it anyways.

Moar pics less meaningless chit chat please.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 07:39:39 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of high amounts of protein. It sells BB mags and books, but it has never sold me.

I would go for fibrous carbs (just to help you feel fuller)

moderate complex carbs (totally manipulated by energy needs)- in other words, the more you do, the more you eat. You don't starve.

Yes, higher essential fats.

You still have to take the time and effort to try and accurately figure out what your daily requirements are. A food/training/expenditure log and a calorie counter is a good start.

If you want specific results, you have to use a specific path or formula. Starving yourself is never key. Being "hungry" maybe before bed is acceptable, but not starving.

If you starve yourself you end up looking like a concentration camp prisoner. Google that. They had no muscle left whatsoever, yet they had smooth fat bodies and were skinny as hell.

The explanation of that particular phenomenon is this: Fat only burns in the face of carbohydrate. It's true. Without the muscle, there is no engine (or means) to burn the fat off.

fat doesn't just magically "go away"-- but I might.  ;D

whataname

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »
My job is very labor intensive and everytime I try to diet like a bodybuilder going into a competiton I feel completely drained.  How do you regular joes do it?

meal 4: 4 whole hard boiled eggs sliced with a handful of croutons (before workout)

This is what u need!!:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=367741.0

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of high amounts of protein. It sells BB mags and books, but it has never sold me.

I would go for fibrous carbs (just to help you feel fuller)

moderate complex carbs (totally manipulated by energy needs)- in other words, the more you do, the more you eat. You don't starve.

Yes, higher essential fats.

You still have to take the time and effort to try and accurately figure out what your daily requirements are. A food/training/expenditure log and a calorie counter is a good start.

If you want specific results, you have to use a specific path or formula. Starving yourself is never key. Being "hungry" maybe before bed is acceptable, but not starving.

If you starve yourself you end up looking like a concentration camp prisoner. Google that. They had no muscle left whatsoever, yet they had smooth fat bodies and were skinny as hell.

The explanation of that particular phenomenon is this: Fat only burns in the face of carbohydrate. It's true. Without the muscle, there is no engine (or means) to burn the fat off.

fat doesn't just magically "go away"-- but I might.  ;D

great post. sound advise right there.
b

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

not really.  but i factor in that ive been running and will continue to run quite a bit.  cardio can negate the effects but if i was someone focused on mass then i'd be worried.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »

Wow. I'd be seeing stars before lunch. Good God, get some calories into you, Man!

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
gotta be a trollance