Author Topic: Ron- are you proud of getbig?  (Read 9673 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Ron- are you proud of getbig?
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:11:10 PM »
.. and what it has become?

no bullshit honesty regarding bbing

shit slinging

heated topics

reputation for having the top flamers and personal attacks

uncensored posting (until recently anyway)

I for one am a fan and we lose few from here with everything getbig has to offer.  I view most of the above as positives.

what say you ron?

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: Ron- are you proud of getbig?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
Ron's mom's proud

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »
No bullshit honesty? Ha! Get real guy. Top flamers?! Hardly.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »
No bullshit honesty? Ha! Get real guy. Top flamers?! Hardly.

the honesty is arguable but i def. think so.  esp. regarding steroids.

i'd like you to mention a more impressive board for creative attacks.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:58 PM »
the honesty is arguable but i def. think so.  esp. regarding steroids.

i'd like you to mention a more impressive board for creative attacks.
Creative attacks? Are you serious? It's always the same shit.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »
Creative attacks? Are you serious? It's always the same shit.

sometimes

but its ALWAYS hilarious  ;D

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:04:10 PM »
sometimes

but its ALWAYS hilarious  ;D
It's only funny if you want it to be.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »
Getbig is awesome and Ron's baby, of course he is proud.

Fact- in 1998, when Ronnie won the Olympia, I saw it first on Getbig. I was working for KLA tencor at the time, and the monday after the O remember rushing to my computer at work so I could see the results, and was ecstatic that Ronnie won. All the talk centered around flex, but I felt Ronnie had made so much improvement and was a dark horse, I was really excited to see if he won. Great memory right there.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 01:12:57 AM »
how old is this board?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:05 AM »
Getbig is awesome and Ron's baby, of course he is proud.

Fact- in 1998, when Ronnie won the Olympia, I saw it first on Getbig. I was working for KLA tencor at the time, and the monday after the O remember rushing to my computer at work so I could see the results, and was ecstatic that Ronnie won. All the talk centered around flex, but I felt Ronnie had made so much improvement and was a dark horse, I was really excited to see if he won. Great memory right there.

Is that when Hulkster and ND first started slanging at each other?  ;D

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 01:22:02 AM »
GetBig have been around since 96. i remmeber getting internet around then and was happy I found a place with bodybuilding on it. Swooosh!
MIRAGETROPIN

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:03 AM »

LoL I do not even know if there was a message board then. I never bothered with forums till elite in 2001. I used Getbig for contest coverage because up till that point I had to wait 3 friggin months to get reports from Flex. And I did too, faithfully for several years I would be excited as hell waiting for Flex to show some Olympia or Arnold reports. Getbig changed everything for me (in a good way).

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
GetBig have been around since 96. i remmeber getting internet around then and was happy I found a place with bodybuilding on it. Swooosh!

Ditto. I first saw this site (it was American Bodybuilding back then) in 96, when it had just started, but it was mostly to get contest results (oh brother ;D), since FLEX was about 2 months late with that stuff.

But I didn't stumble upon the forum until 2002/2003. Had no idea back then that I was going to develop a full-blown addiction later on, lol.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 02:13:57 AM »
how old is this board?

bout three fidy...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 02:21:27 AM »

ND was born ready, but Hulkster had to wait till Photoshop technology had advanced enough for him to be able to sharpen the 99 Mr Olympia pics, so he could post them 3 times in every page of the truce thread.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 02:28:52 AM »
Mars and BDB keep this place pristine and a good place to visit.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
Ditto. I first saw this site (it was American Bodybuilding back then) in 96, when it had just started, but it was mostly to get contest results (oh brother ;D), since FLEX was about 2 months late with that stuff.

But I didn't stumble upon the forum until 2002/2003. Had no idea back then that I was going to develop a full-blown addiction later on, lol.

You and I have similar stories. Also forgot about the ABB thing! And you are right, it was americanbodybuilding.com back then! Remember the front page banner was the ABB phoenix??? Man time really does get away from you....If I recall, I stumbled onto this site because I went online to check out ABB drinks (think I was looking for mass recovery or similar) and I found this site and said "what the heck? Contest coverage???" and was hooked ever since. Also did not know about the message board for years and years after.

Ron all of this must jog the old memory banks eh? Bet it surprises you some of your members have been around all this time. Getbig is a dinosaur but that proves She has staying power babY!!!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 02:39:52 AM »
Devil, that redhead is smokin'!

You and I have similar stories. Also forgot about the ABB thing! And you are right, it was americanbodybuilding.com back then! Remember the front page banner was the ABB phoenix??? Man time really does get away from you....If I recall, I stumbled onto this site because I went online to check out ABB drinks (think I was looking for mass recovery or similar) and I found this site and said "what the heck? Contest coverage???" and was hooked ever since. Also did not know about the message board for years and years after.

Ron all of this must jog the old memory banks eh? Bet it surprises you some of your members have been around all this time. Getbig is a dinosaur but that proves She has staying power babY!!!!!

I remember the phoenix, but I like(d) the Blue Thunder dog more 8)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 03:04:38 AM »
I was actually a member from the getgo! I had another nickname then though. Canīt remember. Something lame like I have now. lol. When I think back how the board was 15 years ago I can remember one thing very clear: schmoeing wacking place. GetBig were always in your face and nobody could deal with not being kissed in the ass here. The first pro here was Sean Ray. He said he liked it here because it was "in your face". So much in his face he fled like in 6 months.  :P
MIRAGETROPIN

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 04:35:43 AM »
there's nothing wrong with getbig.  i think some let their gimmicks get out of hand but ron puts them in check with an extended visit to time-out.  the only real decline i've seen is the pros wont post anymore, cant deal with getting rapped by users. shawn and lee were good.  chick hangs in because he enjoys a good fight.  phil heath is an ass.  personally...i didnt take kindly to him posting...he couldnt believe he was posting on this board.   

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:15 AM »
there's nothing wrong with getbig.  i think some let their gimmicks get out of hand but ron puts them in check with an extended visit to time-out.  the only real decline i've seen is the pros wont post anymore, cant deal with getting rapped by users. shawn and lee were good.  chick hangs in because he enjoys a good fight.  phil heath is an ass.  personally...i didnt take kindly to him posting...he couldnt believe he was posting on this board.   
LOL. What an English snob.      ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »
LoL I do not even know if there was a message board then. I never bothered with forums till elite in 2001. I used Getbig for contest coverage because up till that point I had to wait 3 friggin months to get reports from Flex. And I did too, faithfully for several years I would be excited as hell waiting for Flex to show some Olympia or Arnold reports. Getbig changed everything for me (in a good way).

Haha, yes, I remember that - waiting for Flex in November/December just to discover who'd won the Olympia in September.

I don't think I ever used the internet for bodybuilding results until I started using it on a regular basis in around 2001 or 2002. I even didn't know about Getbig until about 2004 after trolling for a few months beforehand. I started off just posting on the training and nutrition boards but then moved quickly onto Gossip & Opinions and I think I received my first brutal owning before I'd even got to 100 posts by a guy called "Sarcasm". Ah, those were the days!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:59 AM »
lol....I discovered Getbig after being at the Arnold Classic that weekend of march 2005 and I've been Hooked since, but my all time favorite thread and probably one of the most Legendary is the "BuffGoddess" thread, for those of you who remember it........I wish I had printed this thread, I laughed for days and I have yet to find another thread like this again....Getbig was at it's best......what happened to those jokes, Kiwi....lol

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 06:01:23 AM »
lol....I discovered Getbig after being at the Arnold Classic that weekend of march 2005 and I've been Hooked since, but my all time favorite thread and probably one of the most Legendary is the "BuffGoddess" thread, for those of you who remember it........I wish I had printed this thread, I laughed for days and I have yet to find another thread like this again....Getbig was at it's best......what happened to those jokes, Kiwi....lol

Ah yes, the legendary "BuffGoddess is manlier than..." thread in the V, which had some epic posts like the one below hahahaha

LMAO at this thread!!!!!

Hahahahaha, Ruffboddess is the kind of swimsuit monster that takes all "her" thongs to the local seamstress to get them "adjusted", and when the assistant finally regains her focus after being blinded by the sunlight shining off Ruffboddesses forhead, she asks "Hi there si................ma'am, what can we do for you today?" and "she" replies "I wonder if you can help, I would like to get some zips or buttons sewn on the front of each of these thongs, because sometimes I can't decide whether I want to pretend to be female and pull them down for the toilet, or just whip out my 12" king kongoris and piss up the wall?" as "she" grabs a handful of her throbbing side effect and spits on the counter hahahahahahaha manlier than smelling your fingers afterwards

The bolded part still makes me lmao. The thread got nuked by Ron sometime after I stepped down as mod.

Good times :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 06:34:55 AM »
top flamers

No, but they are willing to learn.

how old is this board?

So old that when it started Ron could count his chins on one hand.