Author Topic: Virtual Backlot Reel (Greenscreen) movies/series/news examples  (Read 1102 times)

spinnis

Virtual Backlot Reel (Greenscreen) movies/series/news examples
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »
Incredible. Didnt know they did it THIS much.

spinnis

Re: Virtual Backlot Reel (Greenscreen) mvoies7series/news examples
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »
That's the shit I do for a living, and yea, we don't get anywhere near the credit we deserve.

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
people forget this kinda stuff.

I dont know if a shitload of green screens are better though. I guess its costs less then traveling around finding all the crazy places.
But it has to loose some of the feeling, event hough we dont notice it even.
But for sin city ofc its needed buit...

I would like to see backstage for that entire movie lol

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 12:28:51 PM »
people forget this kinda stuff.

I dont know if a shitload of green screens are better though. I guess its costs less then traveling around finding all the crazy places.

It's way cheaper do green screen shoots and add in virtual sets than it is to build the sets themselves or find the perfect location, then move the entire cast crew, gear, get permits, craft services, drivers blah blah blah.  They can just shoot the green screen and pay a fraction of the cost for a studio to fill in the rest.

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 12:30:41 PM »
It's way cheaper do green screen shoots and add in virtual sets than it is to build the sets themselves or find the perfect location, then move the entire cast crew, gear, get permits, craft services, drivers blah blah blah.  They can just shoot the green screen and pay a fraction of the cost for a studio to fill in the rest.

yep. do you think the movies looses a bit of its "feeling" when used it scenes where they doesnt really have to use it..
I mean old movies are Awesome and no green screens there.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
yep. do you think the movies looses a bit of its "feeling" when used it scenes where they doesnt really have to use it..
I mean old movies are Awesome and no green screens there.

Old movies were awesome because they spent more than 3 weeks writing a script.  Movies suck these days because most are made from cookie cutter script jobs with little imagination with the only intent on making as much money as possible.