Author Topic: WWE: Sheamus  (Read 7763 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
WWE: Sheamus
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:39:12 PM »
This dude was getting a huge push about a year ago.

Now everytime I turn on Raw he's getting buried.

What did he do wrong? Anybody know?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: WWE: Sheamus
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 05:39:17 AM »
This dude was getting a huge push about a year ago.

Now everytime I turn on Raw he's getting buried.

What did he do wrong? Anybody know?
He got a huge push because Triple H was fond of him and was also his gym training partner. Now that Triple H is doing other things, Kevin Dunn who has a high position and major say in  WWE creative doesn't like Sheamus, thus the demotion.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:47:06 AM »
last night on raw they had triple h pedigree his buddy and training partner through the announce table, only to then in his weakened state have to lose to a returning evan bourne.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
last night on raw they had triple h pedigree his buddy and training partner through the announce table, only to then in his weakened state have to lose to a returning evan bourne.
'm glad. Sheamus needs to pay his dues. He should have NEVER held the world title to begin with and the fact that Triple H put him over by allowing him to leadpipe him over the head knowcking him out of action (kayfabe) for so many months serves him right.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »
I'm not a Sheamus fan, and am enjoying watching him take a beating each week.  If he sticks with it though, and takes the rough with the smooth, then I'll have a lot more respect for him.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:24 AM »
'm glad. Sheamus needs to pay his dues. He should have NEVER held the world title to begin with and the fact that Triple H put him over by allowing him to leadpipe him over the head knowcking him out of action (kayfabe) for so many months serves him right.

I disagree. Sheamus doesn't need to pay his dues, especially at a time when WWE was so lacking for main-event heels. If wrestling is supposed to be "sports entertainment", then you have to play up the "sports" aspect of it and occasionally have upsets (i.e. people making it to the top whom few, if any, expected to do so).

Sheamus is one such guy. The evil Irish guy. He's like a super-sized Finlay, only with more personality. Besides, you would think that many of the anti-John-Cena folks here (and elsewhere) would appreciate Sheamus, as he has been the one HEEL that has constantly had Cena's number.

Who else has beaten Cena for the title his first try? Who else has constantly left Cena laying in the middle of the ring BY HIMSELF, without any posse to help him?

Sheamus was the talk of late 2009, to the point (as one YouTube poster pointed out) that wrestling fans virtually forgot about Hulk Hogan, going to TNA.

It's too late for him to "pay his dues", anyway. He's been WWE champion, TWICE (at John Cena's expense, no less).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »
I thought the same thing about his huge push. Getting the Title. Then taking out the King of Kings. But after that devestation last night by HHH and getting pinned by AB. Sheamus is at rock bottom right now. His cred is completely destroyed. March something? He and HHH are going to have a street fight at MSG where I'm sure he's gonna get humiliated. What goes up must come down.

I don't think he's going to get buried just yet. Think about it. What's the one way to rekindle the Sheamus-Helmsley feud for 2011?

Have Sheamus cost HHH the match against Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:14:49 AM »
Sheamus is a good wrestler and a very good "bully" type heel but people need to understand that the reason for his two title wins and his mega push was soley because of Triple H and nothing else. I stated before that Triple H was very fond of Sheamus and was also his training partner in the gym when they were on the road together. Since Triple H has taken a step back from the ring and made a movie, Kevin Dunn who has the second highest position under Stephanie McMahon (who is on Maternity leave so that makes him #1 in charge of creative decisions) doesn't like Sheamus. Thus the demotion.

Same with Drew McCyntyre. He only got his push because HBK was fond of him and HBK went right up to Vince and put in a really good word for him. Now that HBK is gone, where is Drew? Wrestling mixed tags with broads at the bottom of the card.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 05:23:53 AM »
Sheamus is a good wrestler and a very good "bully" type heel but people need to understand that the reason for his two title wins and his mega push was soley because of Triple H and nothing else. I stated before that Triple H was very fond of Sheamus and was also his training partner in the gym when they were on the road together. Since Triple H has taken a step back from the ring and made a movie, Kevin Dunn who has the second highest position under Stephanie McMahon (who is on Maternity leave so that makes him #1 in charge of creative decisions) doesn't like Sheamus. Thus the demotion.

Same with Drew McCyntyre. He only got his push because HBK was fond of him and HBK went right up to Vince and put in a really good word for him. Now that HBK is gone, where is Drew? Wrestling mixed tags with broads at the bottom of the card.

Perhaps, Kevin Dunn should get the demotion. As badly as both brands need top-level heels (especially Smackdown), why is Dunn trying to squash Sheamus and McIntyre?

With that said, just because you're in the midcard for a while doesn't mean your career is over. Take HHH for example. He went over two years without a title, after he lost to Batista at WM 21. Actually, if you take away his 2-hour reign as WWE at No Mercy (which was done to have Helmsley put over Orton, because Cena got injured), he went over THREE YEARS without a title. Of course, that also factors in HHH's knee injury in early 2007.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »
Perhaps, Kevin Dunn should get the demotion. As badly as both brands need top-level heels (especially Smackdown), why is Dunn trying to squash Sheamus and McIntyre?

With that said, just because you're in the midcard for a while doesn't mean your career is over. Take HHH for example. He went over two years without a title, after he lost to Batista at WM 21. Actually, if you take away his 2-hour reign as WWE at No Mercy (which was done to have Helmsley put over Orton, because Cena got injured), he went over THREE YEARS without a title. Of course, that also factors in HHH's knee injury in early 2007.

Simmer down. No one said Drew & Sheamus' careers were "over".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »
Simmer down. No one said Drew & Sheamus' careers were "over".

I know that. The point I was making is that being in the midcard doesn't mean they're getting buried.

Main-eventers like Helmsley have chilled out there for a while, before bouncing back. I can see the same happening for Sheamus.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
I know that. The point I was making is that being in the midcard doesn't mean they're getting buried.

Main-eventers like Helmsley have chilled out there for a while, before bouncing back. I can see the same happening for Sheamus.

I wouldn't really say that HHH was relegated to "mid-card" exactly by not holding a title.  He was so over that he really didn't need one, as they have become little more than props to try to get people over.

I think it's a shame that Dunn is so short-sighted.  With so little potential top talent around, he should at least be willing to listen to others.  Wonder how he still has his job as I've read numerous places he is VERY unpopular with all the workers?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »
Wonder how he still has his job as I've read numerous places he is VERY unpopular with all the workers?

Maybe he has "dirt" on someone.
 ;)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 04:49:30 PM »

Maybe he has "dirt" on someone.
 ;)

Ahhhhhh, classy....

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
He is not on good terms with a few of the writers..

As I mentioned in another thread....Champion, then KOTR Champ then loss after loss

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »
King Sheamus is apparently no more. Sheamus did an interview in Oklahoma City prior the WWE house show there claiming he is no longer King Sheamus. He explained that King Sheamus didn't win any matches, but the Celtic Warrior obviously did.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________
What a pointless angle lol.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »
He's back to the Celtic Warrior...which is how he should have stayed anyways.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »
King Sheamus is apparently no more. Sheamus did an interview in Oklahoma City prior the WWE house show there claiming he is no longer King Sheamus. He explained that King Sheamus didn't win any matches, but the Celtic Warrior obviously did.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________
What a pointless angle lol.

They're trying to bring value back to the "King of the Ring" moniker. But, to me, it works better with guys who have never been world champions in WWE.

Considering that, since the gimmick was revived, two of the past three KOTRs winners had already won World titles (Sheamus, King Booker), it's lost its punch somewhat.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
They're trying to bring value back to the "King of the Ring" moniker. But, to me, it works better with guys who have never been world champions in WWE.

Considering that, since the gimmick was revived, two of the past three KOTRs winners had already won World titles (Sheamus, King Booker), it's lost its punch somewhat.
I loved KOTR when it was a ppv, but if they are trying to make it prestigious with Sheamus, they failed. He lost every match with the moniker and if you believe the backstage reports, he was given the gimmick as a joke. I disagree about Booker, it revived his career and gave him a title reign.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
I loved KOTR when it was a ppv, but if they are trying to make it prestigious with Sheamus, they failed. He lost every match with the moniker and if you believe the backstage reports, he was given the gimmick as a joke. I disagree about Booker, it revived his career and gave him a title reign.

I always thought Booker was a great worker.
Had they kept his character a little more serious, I suspect he'd have re-established the KOTR's prestige similar to how Hennig made the I.C. belt mean something again.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »

I always thought Booker was a great worker.
Had they kept his character a little more serious, I suspect he'd have re-established the KOTR's prestige similar to how Hennig made the I.C. belt mean something again.
I love Booker, I think he's great. Personally, I think he's more entertaining when he is loud and over the top.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
I love Booker, I think he's great. Personally, I think he's more entertaining when he is loud and over the top.

I can dig that...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
SUCKAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 04:47:17 AM »
I agree, but only as the Harlem Heat Booker T. Not this King Booker shit. And leave Sharmel at home.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
I agree, but only as the Harlem Heat Booker T. Not this King Booker shit. And leave Sharmel at home.

That whole Queen Sharmel thing (where she's wearing her crown, from her Miss Black America days) is what led to the rebirth of King of the Ring and, ultimately, the King Booker routine.

As for Sheamus, now he's the US Champion. Does this mean he's being built back up or he is mired in the midcard?