• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:46:03 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Missions
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
I like Christianity, don't get me wrong. It seems weird to me how missionaries go and give these natives food, and candy but it seems almost conditional in that they have to also be preached to about some religion that may be foreign to them?

I've got family members that do missions, maybe I've just got it wrong?

???

Last time I checked, no one has to listen to a sermon or accept Jesus Christ, in order to get some chicken or soup at a mission. Often, people in foreign countries wonder what motivates these people to travel thousands of miles to help them out. If they wish to learn more about Jesus Christ, it is of their own accord.

It's part of what Christians call the "Great Commission", based on Jesus' words to His disciples to "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28:19).

Besides, Jesus often fed people, before He preached.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
Last time I checked, no one has to listen to a sermon or accept Jesus Christ, in order to get some chicken or soup at a mission. Often, people in foreign countries wonder what motivates these people to travel thousands of miles to help them out. If they wish to learn more about Jesus Christ, it is of their own accord.

It's part of what Christians call the "Great Commission", based on Jesus' words to His disciples to "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28:19).

Besides, Jesus often fed people, before He preached.

Good post.
R

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
Thanks for the info!  :o

I'm an idiot