Author Topic: Most impressive lunges and 450lb bent over rows  (Read 9258 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: damn whiteboy does bent rows with 400 and 450!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »
Bolt is no freak, just a tall dude running the shit, remember him before, you don't do you? This girl isn't one either. Look at the video, her father is her coach, which means he has a vested interest in her. Also, the Seattle-Orego area is well known for top track programs. Dude has many daughters and all do sports, which means he is living life vicariously thru them. Just like lil Hercules father and that bbing kid and that kid who can gymnastics, the fathers push them. And this father has access to the best "gas" and trainers. Look at the vid again and hear him say, "Im coach", anytime someone says that, they are LYING to you. Destiny's Child's manager was Beyonce's father, he had said that he treated all the girls like daughters---when the smoke cleared who is the one who was the lead lead singer, and who was promoted as beig the prettier one, when Kelly Rowlands was obviously the prettier one? And who has had the better solo career...Beyonce, due to her dad.
I point this out to say, that girl's father is far more than "Coach", and he will do what it takes to make her seem like the fastest girl on earth--while playing the "slow white girl" angle and "genetic freak" angle, just as she stated in the beginning.

Just as they have done with Bolt. "Oh, he's a genetic freak!" No, he is just a tall dude with a long stride... It amazes me how y'all allow yourselves to be pimped constantly...

Just like those dumb Aussy scientists claiming that ancient aboriginals could run as fast as Bolt, based upon footprints, and people believe that shit.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to live with yourself, then that's what you need to do.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 10:32:31 AM »
If that's what you need to tell yourself to live with yourself, then that's what you need to do.
I think that's what you just told your self...If you wish to wallow in mediocrity, be my guest.  It's become the norm...

epic_alien

Re: Most impressive lunges and 450lb bent over rows
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »
ha, leave it to parker to throw in some retarded black person analogy to explain sports. which he never played.

beyonce is good and her dad coached her.!!! ha, epic black girl wanting desperately  to be white, with her blonde  hair straightened out.

anyway back to sports,

bolt was world class speed when he was 15 as well.  he isnt some tall guy who can run a little.  and by the way do you even know what world class speed is parker? the times? splits?

anyway, thanks falcon for the vids,

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: Most impressive lunges and 450lb bent over rows
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
ha, leave it to parker to throw in some retarded black person analogy to explain sports. which he never played.

beyonce is good and her dad coached her.!!! ha, epic black girl wanting desperately  to be white, with her blonde  hair straightened out.

anyway back to sports,

bolt was world class speed when he was 15 as well.  he isnt some tall guy who can run a little.  and by the way do you even know what world class speed is parker? the times? splits?

anyway, thanks falcon for the vids,
Nope, I was using the anology that the father says, ""At home I'm dad, but during practive I'm Coach", nope you are always dad, and you are going to push your kid to the forefront no matter what...if youn't see that analogy then you are lost.
lasyer ran track, that they too would be like Bolt...he's 6'5, longer stride aides to his advantage...didn't you track you said...I did, and i was at a disadvantage being short versus the dudes who were 6'1...i had a excellent start out the blocks, but that was it...

After Hs, I trailed off of keeping up with T&R and more into bbing... 

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Standing ovation for #1 and #2.

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
mahg approved

Parker

• Getbig V
#1 looks like a pillhead...all the rest are kosher.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Damn - he does 400 & 450 lb Bent Over Rows
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »

This guy is a beast. His back proves that bb rows are indeed working..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I like number 3.....WINNING!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »
I'm positive that this guy could not bent over row even 200 pounds through a full range of motion without using momentum.  People get so caught up in their ego that they totally lose sight of their actual strength level.

I could do 200 your style but not even touch 400. 

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »
I could do 200 your style but not even touch 400. 

Try it with bend at the hips of almost 90 degrees (if it's not a perfect right angle fine, but don't give me 45 degrees), let the bar descend to full extension equivalent to a dead hang on pull-ups, pause pull without any momentum or body english until the bar is pressing against the rib cage and give a little squeeze just to show that it didn't swing up there.  Control the negative the same way.  Post a video of one rep like this and I will be amazed.  Be able to do it for at least 8 reps and you actually might be using the right amount of weight.  If you are using form different from this consider whether it is for ego or muscle.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
use your damn head for once...
Examples from when I didn't?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
Examples from when I didn't?
Saying that girl is a genetic freak, when they admitted to using the "white girl" gimmick...Daddy is pushing her, she is no more genetic freak than Lil Hercules.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:38 PM »
Try it with bend at the hips of almost 90 degrees (if it's not a perfect right angle fine, but don't give me 45 degrees), let the bar descend to full extension equivalent to a dead hang on pull-ups, pause pull without any momentum or body english until the bar is pressing against the rib cage and give a little squeeze just to show that it didn't swing up there.  Control the negative the same way.  Post a video of one rep like this and I will be amazed.  Be able to do it for at least 8 reps and you actually might be using the right amount of weight.  If you are using form different from this consider whether it is for ego or muscle.
thats not a barbell row. barbell row is done at about 45 degree angle, and its a short range of motion. lower back arched, no momentum, pulling the bar into the waist.  puts the lats in their mechanically strongest position, works the lower lats better than any other movement.  the way you described is a totally different exercise, focuses much more on upper back, rohmboids, traps, rear delts, etc.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »
thats not a barbell row. barbell row is done at about 45 degree angle, and its a short range of motion. lower back arched, no momentum, pulling the bar into the waist.  puts the lats in their mechanically strongest position, works the lower lats better than any other movement.  the way you described is a totally different exercise, focuses much more on upper back, rohmboids, traps, rear delts, etc.

what you are describing is basically a partial ROM version of the exercise that I described.  I disagree with you about the terminology, but let's put that aside to focus on the substantive question: what is more effective for building the back, a full ROM or a partial ROM? 

Perhaps an additional point of clarification would be helpful here, when I say the rib cage I don't mean the chest, I mean the lower part of the rib cage just above the belly button.  I guess for guys with a large stomach they will hit that first.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2011, 07:07:07 PM »
id say this guy is stronger than ronnie was

You've really gone off the deep end now dude.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »