Author Topic: Top wrestling managers  (Read 8099 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Top wrestling managers
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »
Lol...liz spent most of her time locked in a janitor closet until showtime when she was summoned because Savage was extremely jealous of anyone even looking at her.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 07:29:21 AM »
Lol...liz spent most of her time locked in a janitor closet until showtime when she was summoned because Savage was extremely jealous of anyone even looking at her.
He seemed to have the right idea, sadly.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 10:19:38 AM »
At least she was alive in that proverbial birdcage.

Maybe a bit more "space" would have benefitted her.
Perhaps being so sheltered for so long created an overwhelming rebellious streak in her.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »
At least she was alive in that proverbial birdcage.

Maybe a bit more "space" would have benefitted her.
Perhaps being so sheltered for so long created an overwhelming rebellious streak in her.
According To the Honky Tonk Man's shoot interview from 2005 (and his interviews are well thought out and pretty accurate), the only people allowed to ride in Savage's limo were Ricky Steamboat because he was married, Rick Rude for the same reason and his brother Lanny Poffo. he was that jealous. Honky said when he wrestled Savage as IC champ at MSG, he litterally had her in a broom closet until match time to have other wrestlers avoid oogling or making small talk with her.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »
According To the Honky Tonk Man's shoot interview from 2005 (and his interviews are well thought out and pretty accurate), the only people allowed to ride in Savage's limo were Ricky Steamboat because he was married, Rick Rude for the same reason and his brother Lanny Poffo. he was that jealous. Honky said when he wrestled Savage as IC champ at MSG, he litterally had her in a broom closet until match time to have other wrestlers avoid oogling or making small talk with her.

Was Billy Jack Haynes also on Macho's "approved list?"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »

Was Billy Jack Haynes also on Macho's "approved list?"
Yes, actually he was. I forgot about him. He wa also allowed in Savage's limo.

F**k man....I have you read up on Haynes lately? Talk about f****d up....he got invilved with gum smuggling and drugs and all this bull...did some time, etc and he's another one being bitter toward the business for his stupid mistakes.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »

F**k man....I have you read up on Haynes lately? Talk about f****d up....he got invilved with gum smuggling and drugs and all this bull...did some time, etc and he's another one being bitter toward the business for his stupid mistakes.

Yeah, I'd read some about the smuggling.
Supposedly, he got involved with some pretty bad people, but I didn't follow it that much.

I haven't heard any of his comments regarding the wrestling industry.
Doesn't surprise me, though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »

Yeah, I'd read some about the smuggling.
Supposedly, he got involved with some pretty bad people, but I didn't follow it that much.

I haven't heard any of his comments regarding the wrestling industry.
Doesn't surprise me, though.

Oh ya....google it up for shits and giggle when your just killing some time. He looks different and he talks like he isn't even sure what he's saying. Talks a lot of shit about a lot of wrestlers but his credibility is garbage. He is looking off in space while he is talking, he says stupid things like, "ugh ya...I ugh...injected...er ugh....Hogan in the Pontiac Silverdome back in 1987" which is bullshit. No one "injects" people with juice, its usually administered by the person themselves and in private like a hotel room. Just ridiculous things.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »

He's bat shit crazy. I saw some clips from one of his shoots. He said that Vince bumped his match with Hercules to second so they wouldn't take away from Hogan/Andre and that Benoit killed Nancy because Vince was Daniel's real dad...Billy was the one who told him this and was dealing Benoit drugs.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
He's bat shit crazy. I saw some clips from one of his shoots. He said that Vince bumped his match with Hercules to second so they wouldn't take away from Hogan/Andre and that Benoit killed Nancy because Vince was Daniel's real dad...Billy was the one who told him this and was dealing Benoit drugs.
Who knows, Mass...wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to it. Look at all the shit that happens outside the ring in the hotels, on the road, etc.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »

Lol...forgive my fat fingers today...I meant to say "gun smuggling" and "involved" in the above rush typed post  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 11:09:28 AM »
Oh ya....google it up for shits and giggle when your just killing some time. He looks different and he talks like he isn't even sure what he's saying. Talks a lot of shit about a lot of wrestlers but his credibility is garbage. He is looking off in space while he is talking, he says stupid things like, "ugh ya...I ugh...injected...er ugh....Hogan in the Pontiac Silverdome back in 1987" which is bullshit. No one "injects" people with juice, its usually administered by the person themselves and in private like a hotel room. Just ridiculous things.

Dave Schultz claims he pinned Hogan, too.
I guess when Hogan got him into the Fed, they were buddies.
When Hogan couldn't KEEP him in the Fed, bitterness set in.

It could be true, but I simply think he's trying really hard to get that book deal.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »
Lol...forgive my fat fingers today...I meant to say "gun smuggling" and "involved" in the above rush typed post  ;D

DAMMIT, THIS IS SERIOUS SHIT!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »

DAMMIT, THIS IS SERIOUS SHIT!!!
To some squids it is... :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 11:17:57 AM »
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »
;D
I feel my hand going into a #4 cramp....i'm in Horseman mode now... ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »
Who knows, Mass...wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to it. Look at all the shit that happens outside the ring in the hotels, on the road, etc.
True. Almost nothing would shock me, but that seems out there. His "proof" was waving some magazine cover. I was more suprised that he said he was going to near main event wrestlemania III haha

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
True. Almost nothing would shock me, but that seems out there. His "proof" was waving some magazine cover. I was more suprised that he said he was going to near main event wrestlemania III haha
Ricky Steamboat has stated that he and Savage were somewhat blackballed because their match one-upped the Hogan - Andre match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 12:21:22 PM »
Ricky Steamboat has stated that he and Savage were somewhat blackballed because their match one-upped the Hogan - Andre match.

Savage won the title the next year and was second only to Hogan, in terms of popularity when he turned face. I'm sure a lot of wrestlers wished the got "blackballed" like that.

And, in my view, the Hogan-Andre match WAS WrestleMania 3. I've often stated that, if had two Silverdomes and put every other match on the card in one and Hogan-Andre in the other, the latter would STILL get 93,173; the former would not.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »
Al Snow said something like most smarks think that Savage-Steamboat was the best match on the card but those "in the business" know Andre/Hulk was the best match because it drew more money. Interesting take.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 01:02:17 PM »
Al Snow said something like most smarks think that Savage-Steamboat was the best match on the card but those "in the business" know Andre/Hulk was the best match because it drew more money. Interesting take.

There's no definitive right or wrong answer; it all comes down to judging criteria.
True smarks are often narrow-minded and try to make blanket statements.

No matter how you look at it, it's only men in lycra pretending to fight.