Author Topic: injury/ shirt question  (Read 3129 times)

John O

• Getbig III
injury/ shirt question
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
I swear I remember reading somewhere that if you have bad shoulders that hurt when benching,(like mine do) you can get one of the older Inzer blast shirts, cut it up the back from the bottom about 3/4 the way up. this way you can get it on & off by yourself, get some shoulder relief, but still get a good workout.
ie.. not so much shirt

Anybody ever hear of this? Or tried it??
Masters- 50-54
148#

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: injury/ shirt question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:48:58 PM »
I swear I remember reading somewhere that if you have bad shoulders that hurt when benching,(like mine do) you can get one of the older Inzer blast shirts, cut it up the back from the bottom about 3/4 the way up. this way you can get it on & off by yourself, get some shoulder relief, but still get a good workout.
ie.. not so much shirt

Anybody ever hear of this? Or tried it??

Sorry dude, never heard of this. No harm in trying it I guess if you have an old blast shirt lying about? I find it's my triceps tendons that are hurting now benching. I'm moving into a double ply after my comp in two weeks time, can't wait  ;D Won't do my tendons any favours though. lol

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
or try using a shirt that is a little big on you but still tight enuff to protect your shoulders.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »
or try using a shirt that is a little big on you but still tight enuff to protect your shoulders.

Good advise.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »
I am getting my shoulders and my triceps shredded by a super katana... Shouldn't never have bought it... I can only bp with wide grip... >:(
S

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »
I am getting my shoulders and my triceps shredded by a super katana... Shouldn't never have bought it... I can only bp with wide grip... >:(
What do you mean? Your skins being broken by the shirt? That's pretty standard. I'm in a super katana, I pretty much have permanent lines in my arms now  :) Where is your grip normally when you bench?

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »
What do you mean? Your skins being broken by the shirt? That's pretty standard. I'm in a super katana, I pretty much have permanent lines in my arms now  :) Where is your grip normally when you bench?

I put my indicator finger in the ring (mark) of the bar. I can't bp with narrow grip because of my shoulder injury. I was using an F6 until 3 weeks ago. Now with this super katana shirt it caused me some bleeding... I bench like a bber...  ;D What am I supposed to do? On the 27th this month I'll be competing in the Portuguese GP Deadlift Bench press WPC, and I am not being able to make the pause...
S

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
I put my indicator finger in the ring (mark) of the bar. I can't bp with narrow grip because of my shoulder injury. I was using an F6 until 3 weeks ago. Now with this super katana shirt it caused me some bleeding... I bench like a bber...  ;D What am I supposed to do? On the 27th this month I'll be competing in the Portuguese GP Deadlift Bench press WPC, and I am not being able to make the pause...
That's perfect. You want your index finger on the rings of the bar. The super katana is a difficult enough shirt to break in. I had about 6-8 weeks before I used mine in a comp and it wasn't that tight. Work on triples, arch your back hard and get your belly up. Take the bar to the bottom of your sternum and pull the collar of the shirt down nice and low before you get set up. The WPC won't make you pause the bar, just get it down and push like fuck whenever you get the press command  ;D

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 06:17:41 AM »
That's perfect. You want your index finger on the rings of the bar. The super katana is a difficult enough shirt to break in. I had about 6-8 weeks before I used mine in a comp and it wasn't that tight. Work on triples, arch your back hard and get your belly up. Take the bar to the bottom of your sternum and pull the collar of the shirt down nice and low before you get set up. The WPC won't make you pause the bar, just get it down and push like fuck whenever you get the press command  ;D
eheheh cool!! I'll try to do that!
S