Author Topic: Oliver Humperdink gravely ill EDIT-has passed away  (Read 2128 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Oliver Humperdink gravely ill EDIT-has passed away
« on: March 10, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
Jim Ross posted the following on Twitter tonight:

Old friend Sir Oliver Humperdink passed away 2day @ 62. Humpy was a hoot. Saw him in Minny @ wwe ppv few months back. Very underrated mgr.

Ross then posted another tweet with the following: Am now told that Hump is in grave condition back in hospital. Refusing chemo. @ peace w/ whatever happens. Keep sir oliver in ur prayers.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers guys. Things aren’t looking good at this time.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Oliver Humperdink gravely ill
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »
The House of Humperdink was a pretty solid heel stable back in mid-atlantic wrestling.  Fueding with Jimmy Valiant.

Hope "Sir" Oliver recovers, but if not I hope he finds peace.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:06 AM »
Jim Ross posted the following on Twitter tonight:

Old friend Sir Oliver Humperdink passed away 2day @ 62. Humpy was a hoot. Saw him in Minny @ wwe ppv few months back. Very underrated mgr.

Ross then posted another tweet with the following: Am now told that Hump is in grave condition back in hospital. Refusing chemo. @ peace w/ whatever happens. Keep sir oliver in ur prayers.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers guys. Things aren’t looking good at this time.

Am I reading this wrong?  The first post said he passed away then, the next said he is in grave condition at a hospitial?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 03:55:59 AM »
Am I reading this wrong?  The first post said he passed away then, the next said he is in grave condition at a hospitial?

It sounds like he corrected himself after receiving two separate/different accounts.

A similar thing happened (with JR & a bunch of others) when Bobby Heenan was in the hospital a short while ago after falling & breaking his hip.
A bunch of "industry" blog/twitter tards right away were offering prayers & condolences to the Heenan family after Bobby "passed."
Even Lanny Poffo was reporting that The Brain had died, and Lanny of all people should know; he practically lives in Heenan's neighborhood.
Heenan's kid called into a wrestling radio show to confirm that Bobby was, in fact, not dead.

So, I'm not saying don't pray or whatever you want.
I hope the best for Humperdink - whatever the situation - just don't jump the gun on this internet bullshit, either.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:49:16 AM »
I didn't even know he was ill. This was just posted on the internet yesterday.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Oliver Humperdink gravely ill edit-has passed away
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »
From PW Insider:

SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK PASSES AWAY
By Dave Scherer on 2011-03-20 09:47:20 We are sad to report that on his Twitter account Percy Pringle announced this morning that Sir Oliver Humperdink passed away last evening after battling cancer. We want to send our condolences along to his friends and family.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Oliver Humperdink gravely ill EDIT-has passed away
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:27 PM »
R.I.P.

All things considered, it sounds like he went on his own terms.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:35:55 AM »
I just heard about this....RIP to Oliver  :'(

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 03:01:51 AM »
I heard it was Bladder cancer?  This type is very treatable but I also heard he refused treatment?

RIP

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 04:43:05 AM »
I heard it was Bladder cancer?  This type is very treatable but I also heard he refused treatment?

RIP

Yes, he refused to do chemotherapy. I don't blame him, chemo only buys you time and the short time it buys you its painfull. He took his sickness like a man and went out silently. RIP to the Hump.  :'(

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 09:07:56 PM »
Yes, he refused to do chemotherapy. I don't blame him, chemo only buys you time and the short time it buys you its painfull. He took his sickness like a man and went out silently. RIP to the Hump.  :'(

Well, that is your opinion.  I think if we are ever in that "place" things may be different.  I've known people who've had cancer and swore they would never go through chemo only to say, "what else can I do, I have to fight".  Never-the-less, having cancer is a heavy load on someone's mind, because you know you might not make it.  I work with three people that had bladder cancer and went through chemo and are living healthy lives.  Sometimes depression also ways heavy on a person with cancer and there judgement is compromised.

Most important though, Oliver will be missed for all the contributions he's given to pro wrestling.  May he rest in peace.