Author Topic: An interesting Chart... Does this look like class warfare?  (Read 1628 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
An interesting Chart... Does this look like class warfare?
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/02/tax_breaks_infographic.html

House leaders are unfortunately restricting their proposed budget cuts for the remainder of fiscal year 2011 to nonsecurity discretionary spending in an attempt to tame a $1.3 trillion deficit. This approach is especially shortsighted since the Federal Treasury loses twice as much revenue due to tax breaks than Congress appropriates on all nonsecurity discretionary spending.

The chart below compares the 10 safety-net programs slated for deep cuts with the cost of the tax breaks that should also be considered for reduction or elimination to bring the budget into balance. The column on the left is a list of safety-net programs that have already been targets of the House leadership’s budget ax. The column on the right is the cost to specified tax breaks (see bottom of page for sources).

-----

Opinions?

Seems a bit sketchy to be honest.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: An interesting Chart... Does this look like class warfare?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:23:39 AM »
Wow, great post.  I think it should be somewhere in the middle.  Perhaps 50/50 along both sides. 
Abandon every hope...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
Why not cut all the programs and lower our taxes to 5% flat tax?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »
Wow, great post.  I think it should be somewhere in the middle.  Perhaps 50/50 along both sides. 

I remember seeing the first thing Walker did in Wisc was give a shitload of tax breaks to the wealthy (who got him elected), then resorted to paying for it by slashing up unions/teachers pay.

I like the idea of making BOTh sides suffer.  tell the teachers to piss off, and tell the rich fckers to piss off.  problem solved.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:10:04 PM »
I remember seeing the first thing Walker did in Wisc was give a shitload of tax breaks to the wealthy (who got him elected), then resorted to paying for it by slashing up unions/teachers pay.

I like the idea of making BOTh sides suffer.  tell the teachers to piss off, and tell the rich fckers to piss off.  problem solved.

thats not the american way

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »

Here is a question, if you produce and/or employ people, shouldn't the government set the climate for business to flourish? If you don't produce and expect a hand out fuck off
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »
We are freaking broke and grossly over taxed as it is.   

Too many tax takers and not enough makers.   

Cut cut cut, 1.65 Trillion in deficit is ridiculous.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
We are freaking broke and grossly over taxed as it is.  

Too many tax takers and not enough makers.    

Cut cut cut, 1.65 Trillion in deficit is ridiculous.  

Its not just income tax either, you can't buy anything without being taxed, so someone please tell me where the fuck all the money is. Sales tax; property tax, toll roads........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »
Its not just income tax either, you can't buy anything without being taxed, so someone please tell me where the fuck all the money is

Thats what I mean - e are absurdely overtaxed on all levels as it is. 

Screw these leeches, parasites, bums, welfare queens, mini-madoffs, etc 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
Class Warfare? 

Who wrote these regs into the tax law? 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »
Class Warfare? 

Who wrote these regs into the tax law? 

Here is a better question, why is the federal government involved in all this crap, there is no constitutional precedent, There is no constitutional authority. Oh thats right they created all these unelected alphabet agencies ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
Here is a question, if you produce and/or employ people, shouldn't the government set the climate for business to flourish? If you don't produce and expect a hand out fuck off

Um, the bush tax cuts have been in place for what, almost 9 years now? 

Many of the rich fvckers enjoying them have moved jobs overseas during that time.  Things got worse - NOT BETTER - since bush put that tax cuts in place.  Clinton didn't have the tax cuts on the rich - and we were in a surplus (as much as I hated clinton).  Bush installed the rich tax cuts, and shit has been downhill since then.

Cut it down to anyone making under $1 million.  Then you don't screw over the laundrymat owner making $300k a year with 3 employees, but you do take a little back from the guyy making $6 million a year to move factories overseas.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »

Many of the rich fvckers enjoying them have moved jobs overseas during that time.  Things got worse - NOT BETTER - since bush put that tax cuts in place.  Clinton didn't have the tax cuts on the rich - and we were in a surplus (as much as I hated clinton).  Bush installed the rich tax cuts, and shit has been downhill since then.

Cut it down to anyone making under $1 million.  Then you don't screw over the laundrymat owner making $300k a year with 3 employees, but you do take a little back from the guyy making $6 million a year to move factories overseas.

How many fucking times do I have to provide the numbers showing there was no fucking surplus under Clinton?

Tax cuts for the rich class warfare blah blah fucking blah, NAFTA .......... The government has and continues to create a hostile environment for business, and you are blaming them moving on tax cuts for the rich?

Excuse me but who the fuck are you to decide who needs to be taxed more and who isn't.

Things started going down hill when this happened

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

The 16Th Amendment, think they could have made this any broader?

You want to talk about things going down hill, the please explain why with all these programs, all this money spent on this after school program, that school program........ that US children rank so shitty compare to the rest of the world? Maybe its because they spend more time teaching their version of morality than reading, writing, and arithmetic.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
How many fucking times do I have to provide the numbers showing there was no fucking surplus under Clinton?

Bottom line - was the US Economy stronger under clinton (with no rich tax cuts)
or under bush (with the tax cuts)?

Now, I'm no NAFTA fan, and I know it's probably above the president's pay grade, let's be honest.  But at this point, IMO, Rush is right about the tax cuts being essential for those making 250k a year.  But to give it to those moving jobs?  Shit, no.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »

Now, I'm no NAFTA fan, and I know it's probably above the president's pay grade, let's be honest.  But at this point, IMO, Rush is right about the tax cuts being essential for those making 250k a year.  But to give it to those moving jobs?  Shit, no.

I fail to see what that has to do with anything, if the government makes if harder to do business on American soil then companies are going to where its not so difficult. Not a hard concept to understand, was the economy stronger under Clinton? I think your question was answered as soon as the tech bubble burst. You want to blame someone for jobs going else where you blame the fucked up polices that drive business to foreign locations
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »

Now, I'm no NAFTA fan, and I know it's probably above the president's pay grade, let's be honest.  But at this point, IMO, Rush is right about the tax cuts being essential for those making 250k a year.  But to give it to those moving jobs?  Shit, no.

The economy was good as a result of the internet boom, no massive wars, lower spending, etc.   However, clinton also left us the wondergul gift of repealing glass steagal.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 02:24:36 PM »
I fail to see what that has to do with anything, if the government makes if harder to do business on American soil then companies are going to where its not so difficult. Not a hard concept to understand, was the economy stronger under Clinton? I think your question was answered as soon as the tech bubble burst.

Bush made it damn easy to do business on american soil by giving the rich some sweet ass cuts suddenly.

Why did they then move things overseas?

I'm saying that as the $ runs out - Walker asks X thousands of teachers to take a cut, but then he gives a shitload of money to a few dozen millionaires in his state.  I disagree with that.  Make them all take the hit.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
Bush made it damn easy to do business on american soil by giving the rich some sweet ass cuts suddenly.

Why did they then move things overseas?

I'm saying that as the $ runs out - Walker asks X thousands of teachers to take a cut, but then he gives a shitload of money to a few dozen millionaires in his state.  I disagree with that.  Make them all take the hit.

Again, when it comes right down to it, the government collects the taxes and spends the money. Because they can't control themselves and live within the frame work of how much tax they can collect, not the tax payers problem. They need to cut how much they spend, teachers are public employee's, and are far from guiltless in this.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the subject, because I feel if you can make 6 million a year, more power to ya. Penalizing success is a bunch of bullshit.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »
The economy was good as a result of the internet boom, no massive wars, lower spending, etc.   However, clinton also left us the wondergul gift of repealing glass steagal.   

This right here is a prime example of a major government fuck up, tell me this shit wasn't orchestrated. They repeal Glass/Steagal, they start forcing banks to make loans they know will not be repaid. But wow look now we can take these worthless loans and package them together and sell them. You know because Glass/Steagal is no longer there to stop us from doing it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »

Many of the rich fvckers enjoying them have moved jobs overseas during that time.  Things got worse - NOT BETTER - since bush put that tax cuts in place.  Clinton didn't have the tax cuts on the rich - and we were in a surplus (as much as I hated clinton).  Bush installed the rich tax cuts, and shit has been downhill since then.

Cut it down to anyone making under $1 million.  Then you don't screw over the laundrymat owner making $300k a year with 3 employees, but you do take a little back from the guyy making $6 million a year to move factories overseas.

We've been through this countless times, there wasn't a true surplus and the budget was never balanced, Congress came close, but it was never balanced. The "Surplus" that everyone points too was achieved by borrowing 250 billion dollars from the Social Sec. "trust fund" (it's neither anymore) and counting it as income. The "3 Trillion dollar surplus" that gets brought out whenever a liberal clown needs something to fall back on was never achieved, it was based on overly rosey PROJECTIONS based on overly rosey bubble economy numbers.

Again, they came close....but not quite.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
Class warfare: When the useless of society stop getting everything they want to take from those who actually produce.

If poor people want housing, go work for it like the rests of us. The 'rich' owe you jack shit.

Go freeze and die in the fucking streets if you are too lazy to work and pay rent.