Author Topic: Michele Bachmann doesn't know her history.....AGAIN  (Read 3512 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Michele Bachmann doesn't know her history.....AGAIN
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »
New Hampshire is a popular place this week with Minnesota politicians who might have their eye on the White House.

Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty left the state after a two-day visit ending Friday, just as U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann was arriving for her weekend visit.

Bachmann, popular with conservatives and tea party activists, attended a private fundraiser Friday night and was meeting with members of the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire on Saturday before headlining a state GOP fundraiser in Nashua later in the day.

Speaking at an event held by the Republican Liberty Caucus on Saturday, Bachmann invoked the founding fathers and offered a historical account in lauding the early presidential primary state.

"What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love for liberty," she said, according to Politico. "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord. And you put a marker in the ground and paid with the blood of your ancestors the very first price that had to be paid to make this the most magnificent nation that has ever arisen in the annals of man in 5,000 years of recorded history."

Scott Conroy at Real Clear Politics notes, however, an accuracy glitch in what the Tea Party darling had to say:

In fact, the 1775 Battles of Lexington and Concord that marked the first military engagements of the American Revolution took place in Massachusetts. But Bachmann did not correct her error when she referenced the battles again later in her speech.
Conroy explains that the misstep made by Bachmann was only enhanced by the fact that she repeated her comments on the nation's birth during her speech.

Story continues below
AdvertisementIt remains to be seen whether Bachmann will ultimately launch a 2012 presidential campaign. One of Bachmann's closest advisers, however, told ABC News on Friday, "I'd be surprised if she didn't run."

Bachmann chief-of-staff Andy Parrish told CNN on Friday that the conservative congresswoman is giving serious thought and consideration to mounting a campaign for the White House. "If the congresswoman decides to do run, she is going to do it her way, and her way has never been the establishment way," he told the network.

Bachmann recently has visited two other early nominating states. She's expected to announce whether she's running by early summer.

:D :D :the dumbing down of america    we have morons voting for morons  :D :D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Michele Bachmann doesn't know her history.....AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
This woman...is an idiot.

!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:56:41 PM »
BUMP for the DUMMY!
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »
57 states

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »
granted, she is a little ignorant on history.  

her staff should have caught this after the 1st time she said it.

She said it on Friday, then again on Saturday.  Nobody said "hey., that was in mass, not NH".

Still, she will shrink govt and limit spending, things our nation needs.  if she's batshit crazy or dogshit ignorant on history, so be it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »
I went to lex concord last year. Amazing place.  As for bachmann she still has about a million flubs to go before she reaches the stupidity of obama or biden. 

Additionally, its not like she said leni reifanstal was a man or anything idiotic or stupid like that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »
Additionally, its not like she said leni reifanstal was a man or anything idiotic or stupid like that.

I'll vote bachmann over obama in 2012.

however, i can admit that more people know the lexington thing than the leni thing.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
I'll vote bachmann over obama in 2012.

however, i can admit that more people know the lexington thing than the leni thing.   

Benny didnt - and thats all that matters for this thread. 

I like Bachmann.  She is gutsy and a scrap fighter. 

As for Obama - he is just not a serious person.  On issue after issue, he is just not serious about facing reality.   

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
Who said Leni Riefenstahl was a man?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
Who said Leni Riefenstahl was a man?

Benny did in the other thread. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 07:06:54 PM »
I dont recognize the leni thing, but I haven't watched the news recently.  WTF is it?  i dont claim to be an expert on anything but spinning bullshit... but is that something every 5th grader should know, like the lexington thing?

LOL... she traveled to a state and misrepresented their history, twice lol... it's funny.  She's gonna get more leeway than a man who would do that - Fred Thompson had one gaffe about oil in the USA and he was done, labeled a dumbass.  Looking decent will bail her on this one.

And really, if I didn't think palin would be a total puppet that sways with the wind (just as she moved many positions from 08 to 09), she'd get my vote too.   bachmann has always been a tea partier, even when RINOs were all the rage.  Consistency counts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 07:15:24 PM »
And of course CNN was all over this.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »
Leni Reifanstal was a master film maker during the 1930's who made the infamous Triumph of the Will for Hitler.  

Look it up on youtube, it is still regarded as one of the all time best pieces of political propoganda of all time.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »
Leni Reifanstal was a master film maker during the 1930's who made the infamous Triumph of the Will for Hitler.   

I try not to watch nazi propaganda films, but that's just me

lol~

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
You should.  Its history and still regarded as one of the most powerfully visual films of all time. Just cuz you watch it does not mean you are a nazi.   

Geez. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
You should.  Its history and still regarded as one of the most powerfully visual films of all time. Just cuz you watch it does not mean you are a nazi.   

Geez. 

Yes, i tried to add the 'lol' to let you know i was kidding.

I think its important to admit flaws in candidates.  if you had said to me "look bro, I admit palin is pretty fucking obnoxious, very full of herself, and ignorant in a lot of areas - but I think she will actually do less damage than obama"...

That might get me to vote for her.  Same with any candidate.  I'd talk to my friends and family about voting for bachmann.  I'd admit right away that she's a dumbass when it comes to history, and that while history is important, economic is more important.  And she will slash this insane, idiotic spending.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
These pols should know this stuff.  I agree.