Author Topic: In the Trenches with Ryan Stamm & Mark Arvilla  (Read 12357 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: In the Trenches with Ryan Stamm & Mark Arvilla
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 09:01:41 PM »

Thanks Matt!  (i dunno about "Better Conditioning" than Jay Cutler/Ryan can get "wicked cuts" and even has "cross-striated quads" right now....but remember Jay in "01" i think?/and earlier in his career...he was actually known for very good/if not "freaky" conditioning) Later year Jay Cutler not so much i agree...even Jay at "96 Nationals" was in freaky shape!)

That's true, Jay looked great that year.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe a hardness thing.  Ryan's muscles just look like they would be denser.  It's kind of like Paco Bautista.  He may not be at Jay's level overall but even at Jay's best, he would not be as hard as Paco is on an average performance.  I think these kinds of things are genetic although no doubt a bodybuilder's stack/diet/training play a role.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Alex23

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 09:07:52 PM »
                 Thanks Alex!  (very nice of you to say/appreciate it!)

Not only I think that, what I call "branded" getbiggers, like us, should stick together but Mike, you have yourself accomplished a lot, even in adversity and followed your dreams, sounds cheezy but nothing short of inspiring. I remember seeing those old pics of you with Benfatto... all excited about bodybuilding... that passion, that many of us still have... :) Worth a ton of gold these days.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
Back sucks.  The tattoos are no picnic either.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04:37 AM »
Who's Mark?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 06:27:50 AM »
Lookin good mike, keeping nice and lean.

As for ur buddy, to be honest, that gut is huge for an amateur, don't know how he's goin to improve more for the pro's and not look like he's got a beach ball strapped to his midsection.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »

As for ur buddy, to be honest, that gut is huge for an amateur, don't know how he's goin to improve more for the pro's and not look like he's got a beach ball strapped to his midsection.

Thanks NB!/appreciate that...  (lemme post up some pics after saturdays show)
                             that's all that matters anyways/what you look like that day/onstage

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
warriors in iron preparing to battle on stage

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »

Cool video Mark!

It was a cool video. Aaron, you should interview Mike for your show.

THE BEEF

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 02:46:38 AM »
Ex Coelis  lol!
Hurricane Beef ! .......thanks!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 01:05:17 AM »
I thought i would share feelings that i had posted over at MD.."Laura is living her own life (happily i hope/i want nothing but the best for her!/i was with her 24-7 for 5 years....she was my best friend/world)
my "obsession" for my bodybuilding ultimately was our "demise (there is much more to life than "bodybuilding")....always planning getting ready for that "next show",for her it was a (healthy" hobby) (for me it became my world),I'm to blame here ...people "break up" all the time.....in our case my "first love" was bodybuilding/Laura was second, (now my priorities have shifted) my first love is family (taking care of my elderly mother, who after my sister was just killed recently in an automobile crash) I'm all my mom has left in this world (and she gets lonely sad and depressed and turns to alcohol to "comfort her) i have no delusions of grandeur (I'm never going to be an IFBB Pro) but my love and passion for the sport has never waned....hopefully all these "hard times" make me a better person ....and i "man up" and take care of my mom for the rest of her life!...i want to be a "better man/better person", If i can help Ryan realize his dream of "turning professional" that would be extremely gratifying to me (I'm 47 bro...
my ship has sailed) Ryan is helping me at least (if not more than i am helping him) ....i can't help loving this sport and the camaraderie of the people involved in it!, (u seem very intelligent) there are no twins,no pregnant wife etc etc...i shall find everything i am searching for in life eventually bro! (just might take some time( life is farrr to short to be "bitter" or hold on to the past....onward and upward my friend!!! (thx for listening to me/letting me "ramble" on lol!)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 01:55:15 AM »
good for you taking care of her mom. looks like you packed alot of muscle om your arms since last time you posted pics

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 02:03:16 AM »
good for you taking care of her mom. looks like you packed alot of muscle om your arms since last time you posted pics
    Thanks MB!  .... Ryan is such a "freak" and a great motivator (it really helps!)
     and a great person at heart (show is bright and early tommorow/ill post some pics here)

night!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »
kelly ryan

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
Sorry to hear about your sister mike, my condolences

I hope whatever u do u are happy, if BBing makes u happy than there is nothing to regret, life is too short to be miserable

We all love u here at getbig, your a true getbigger and one of the most honest ones, which why we respect u. Keep ur head up brother!!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:59 PM »
Sorry to hear about your sister mike, my condolences

I hope whatever u do u are happy, if BBing makes u happy than there is nothing to regret, life is too short to be miserable

We all love u here at getbig, your a true getbigger and one of the most honest ones, which why we respect u. Keep ur head up brother!!!!
   Wow ........your seriously in danger of making me cry!
     (thank you!)
     Ryan took the whole show! (superheavy weight and overall) (crappy cell-phone picture/Ryan on far left)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
Couple more from last night....

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »
Couple more from last night....

Mike, did you compete too?  Is that you beside him in blue?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »
Mike, did you compete too?  Is that you beside him in blue?
  lol
         (no......if you weren't being "sarcastic" then i apologize,but I'm 6 ft 2" that guy in the blue is prolly 5 ft 4")  

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »
  lol
         (no......if you weren't being "sarcastic" then i apologize,but I'm 6 ft 2" that guy in the blue is prolly 5 ft 4")  

Mike, did you sleep with that Blonde chick on stage?  ??? ??? you should go for it if not.  ;)
D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
Mike, did you sleep with that Blonde chick on stage?  ??? ??? you should go for it if not.  ;)

"CJ" ? (Cynthia James) nooooo ..but i went down to her shop (where she makes all the "posing suits" for the competitors) and met her for the first time (what a sweetheart!).. I went down with Ryan on Friday to get his trunks...she could not have been a nicer or sweeter person!,her shop was like a "who's who" of professional and amateur bodybuilders and fitness/figure competitors
my next show ill def get my trunks from her (great fit!/last time i ordered a couple pair off "the net" they did not fit very well at all)
she is the best at what she does imo!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »

"CJ" ? (Cynthia James) nooooo ..but i went down to her shop (where she makes all the "posing suits" for the competitors) and met her for the first time (what a sweetheart!).. I went down with Ryan on Friday to get his trunks...she could not have been a nicer or sweeter person!,her shop was like a "who's who" of professional and amateur bodybuilders and fitness/figure competitors
my next show ill def get my trunks from her (great fit!/last time i ordered a couple pair off "the net" they did not fit very well at all)
she is the best at what she does imo!

See, there is your "In" Mike. You like Bodybuilding, she likes Bodybuilding.

you got her.  ;D The hell with a Man's thong, ask to see her thong.  :D
D

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »

he cant be a pro,,too big in the wrong places,,no real muscle flow,,condition is good for his size ,,but this fella shoud haev be 195lb and insted chose to be 210+....his choice but also ruined himself for pro,,sometimes size is not everything ,,this is prime example of this case,,if he was 6'1 id understand but nah this level will be wiped off the floor with 197 bob chic when turned pro...just doesnt have the muscle development,, what he has is muscle mass and condition but the muscles are just not developed tot he level needed in top nationals or the pros ...

very similar to getny problem ,,many fellas i see with this problem ,,they try to be big big but its not real musculatority development it is more of induced drug size of meat and it just doesnt flow ,,,5;8 shoudol never be over 200lb on stage EVER! not in the matuer,,yes yes you will bring jason huh and all that balonie,,but jason huh will never get anywher ein the pros he is done,,maxed and washed same for many who just...they just use those gh and insulin and ruin themselves,,

take frank zane,,,185lb 5'9 and he would wash the floor with this fella on stage ,,WASH THE DAMN FLOOR,,not only frank zane but many others in lower level shows would wipe floor with him

gh15 approved
fallen angel

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 11:06:37 PM »
Ryan is my friend so I'm loyal

a couple more pics from the show

McFarland

• Getbig V