Author Topic: Whorewell v. Coltrane IV: LOSER WALKS  (Read 1451 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Whorewell v. Coltrane IV: LOSER WALKS
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
As I recall, the last matchup we tied...or, as I cannot remember, needed to have another final bet.  The winner of this bet gets all bragging rights associated with MMA.  Loser shall be humble.

Below is the line-up.  Winner is the one who correctly picks the most fights out of the five listed.

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Jon Jones
Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland
Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus
Nate Marquardt vs. Dan Miller
Brendan Schaub  vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Whorewell v. Coltrane IV: LOSER WALKS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »
Jones (had a tough time with this one.  Most experts pick Rua, but I'm pulling for the NY'er)
Faber
Miller
Marquardt
Schaub

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »
As I recall, the last matchup we tied...or, as I cannot remember, needed to have another final bet.  The winner of this bet gets all bragging rights associated with MMA.  Loser shall be humble.

Below is the line-up.  Winner is the one who correctly picks the most fights out of the five listed.

You have lost all bets with Whorewell when it comes to main cards. Give it up. He simply knows more MMA than you do. You should follow your own advice and be humble.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
 You have lost all bets with Whorewell when it comes to main cards. Give it up. He simply knows more MMA than you do. You should follow your own advice and be humble.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

1.  This thread has nothing to do with you, or your feeble opinion.
2.  How can you possibly criticise anyone else when it comes to MMA when you think Vitor Belfort's real name is Victor Belfort?  Really, you should be embarrassed to post on here.  Weightpusher blows you up on a daily basis, yet you come back for more albeit under the insane delusion you have some sort of rational basis for your arguments.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »

This is a shit card that I don't even think I will order on PPV. The only fight I want to watch is Shogun, but at the same time I think my favorite fighter in the UFC is going to lose to the phenom. I haven't been following the hype leading up to the fight closely at all, but I am shocked that you said the experts are picking Shogun. In my opinion he needs a KO to win the fight or have a remarkable gameplan that allows him to pull a Lyoto Machida and jump in and out without getting taken down and abused.

- Shogun (Im a man of my word)
- Faber
-Miller
-Miller
-Schaub

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:46 PM »
Well from what i've read, most think the experience of Rua will win him the fight.  I honestly could see it either way.   My biggest concern is how Jones reacts if he is getting hit etc.  I can't recall ever seeing him on the defensive side of a fight.  That being said, Rua has to get him in that situation.

Also, are Jones' nerves going to play much a part in it? 

Agreed, the card is shitty outside of the Jones/Rua fight.. and i'll probably end up getting it.  I like Jones' bc he's from my neck of the woods and i've met him before.  Really humble, nice kid.

I also want to hear about Rogan's perspective on the acquisition possible fight match ups.  I truly hope Fedor continues to fight.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »
  After reading Coltrane's reply to me here, it's easy to realize why he's known simply as "imbecile". LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51:57 PM »
Well GW, we'll end our spat at this.  I'm a perfect 5-0 on this event. 

I can't understand how you didn't pick Marquardt though

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »
LOL c'mon bro seriously?

I knew Jones would win, and I said as much; I didn't pick Marqardt because I can't stand him and his last fight was an embarassment.

If you want to pat yourself on the back for winning this card, go ahead.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »
Honestly dude, don't be a poor sport.  You've owned me thus far in most pics.   However, I am now your master.   ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
I give you props-- you won fair and square.

Is Lyoto- Coutre on the GSP Shields card?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 09:59:19 PM »
I think so. 

Shields GSP should be good

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 10:00:59 PM »
GSP will rape Sheilds. Im taking him and Lyoto.