Author Topic: Miss GW Yet?  (Read 14902 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Miss GW Yet?
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
I understand the cultish part.  he's a dime a dozen.  lemmings are everywhere.  what I don't get is his intense argumentation while lacking all semblance of logic.  he posts something.  you refute it.  then he's retorts with something on a completely different topic.  he doesn't even remember what his arguments are or what he posts.  and even if you highlight the exact argument that you're making, showing him his assertion and your rebuttal with bolded words, he doesn't understand.  I'm 100% sure he has severe ADHD.  or just of very low IQ.

Lol hit a nerve with the short thing,i knew it ,you half pints are all the same have to compensate for the short height.its kind of funny how that is

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2014, 07:07:53 PM »
did you read his post?

now you guys are straight up making no sense and muddling the issue on purpose.   

No, I only skimmed it. Sorry.

I'm not muddying the waters on purpose. 

And, honestly, if it's OK for you guys to get caught up in discussing who knew what when, which you can't possibly have much real info or insight into -  blind guys touching an elephant comes to mind, then it should be OK for me to pick out and criticize your statement about how since a lot of other people thought Saddam was a real threat they should somehow be criticized just as much as GWB, who actually "pulled the trigger", so to speak.

Ah well, though I think y'all are having a dumb discussion it's likely no dumber than the shit I write about so I'll just see my way out here, lol.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »
do you agree that everyone though that there was?  the issue is not if there were WMDS.  the issue is if GWB intentionally lied about it.  and you haven't proven that.  why didn't they charge him with anything?

Why didn't they charge him?  I hate to sound like a CT guy but I think it's because that class of folks look after their own.

Sorta like how many police officers guilty of heinous shit suffer almost not at all compared to regular guys doing the same thing.

This isn't South America; National leaders in the USA who fuck up greatly are just told to get lost, at most, it seems.  Unless they're guilty of something as serious as systematically executing their own citizens for no good reason, I'm not sure I'd want it any other way, actually.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
and when democrats get intel wrong, well they had bad intel

and when republicans get intel wrong, they fabricated it.

we get it dude.  republicans are bad, democrats are good.

now go away

Not fair.  We're not talking about any old Republicans here. 

We're talking about GWB, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rove. 

The latter 3, if you watch them speak, seem very capable of lying about big shit for their own reasons. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
Not fair.  We're not talking about any old Republicans here. 

We're talking about GWB, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rove. 

The latter 3, if you watch them speak, seem very capable of lying about big shit for their own reasons. 

LMFAO

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
I don't miss GW, but compared to obama, there is no doubt that GW was more of a leader and inspired more fear and respect than what we have now. 

We are laughed at, disrespected, and not taken at all erious with Obama as POTUS.   As hard as it is to believe, obama has cheapened and degraded the office of POTUS so badly that even many nations must secretely wish for GWB to be back, even ifthey didnt like him.   

We went from bad to unthinkable in a very short period of time.   

Ok 333386 it's time for you to develop a little objectivity now. Everything you just accused Obama of actually was committed between 2000 to 2008, by Bush. I know you hate Obama, but truth be told, he's actually restored a little dignity to the office, ...even with his Mom jeans and all. While "the office" has some dignity, those behind it do not. All Obama has done is performed the role given him. It is his political minders whose desperation has pulled back the curtain to reveal the spider web of deception spun from Wall Street & the Beltway. The only thing less dignified than a GWB Presidency, would be a Palin Presidency, ...and thankfully, as dumb as American voters can be, ...they ain't dumb enough to ever let that happen.
w

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
Why didn't they charge him?  I hate to sound like a CT guy but I think it's because that class of folks look after their own.

Sorta like how many police officers guilty of heinous shit suffer almost not at all compared to regular guys doing the same thing.

This isn't South America; National leaders in the USA who fuck up greatly are just told to get lost, at most, it seems.  Unless they're guilty of something as serious as systematically executing their own citizens for no good reason, I'm not sure I'd want it any other way, actually.

I agree with that actually.  fucker.

look I honestly don't believe they fabricated evidence to go to war with Iraq.  I think that there was an overwhelming fear of Sadaam and what he was actually capable of doing to the US from the early 80's all the way up to 2001.

I believe that we were afraid that we were vulnerable and made a rash decision to solve the problem of Sadaam before it started.  because if he did have WMD's that was the time where we were particularly vulnerable to a strike by him.  everyone was on board.  everyone agreed.  in my honest opinion, all the accusations and the official reports accusing the Bush administration were all political posturing after the fact.

so now everyone gets to play armchair quarterback and say that they would have done it completely different.

well what the fuck would you or I have done?  in hindsight, we should have done nothing.  we shouldn't have gone to war with anybody.  There was no "Al Qaida Land" to invade.  

but work with me here.  can you imagine the conspiracy theories if GWB had done nothing?  gone to war with no one?  they would skewer him.  I think you would agree with that assessment.

anywhere we invaded, anything we did you could come up with some scenario where we did it for nefarious reasons and the whole war was a fabrication.  so liberal critics have it so easy when it comes to armchair quarterbacking this whole situation.  They can pretty much go anywhere they want with the story without having to prove a god damn thing.  Michael Moore did.  everyone believed that shit.  the funny thing is today you couldn't find anyone who will admit that they believed Moore's accusations.  no one.  but you and I all know that half the country thought that shit was fact.  all he did was play "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon the Terrorist/Politician edition.

that's my problem with people like blacken.  all you have to do in this day and age to destroy a politician is accuse him of something horrible....often.  once you say something enough times the masses just start believing it.  so blacken posts a bunch of links where democratic congressman accuse GWB of anything and everything.  and it takes more than someone's worst enemies making accusations at them to get me on board.  and it should take more than that for anyone.  

I don't participate in the fantastic conspiracy theories where everyone is either a super hero or a villain.  I say what I think.  I don't think Obamacare is good for our health care system or our economy.  I think the wealthy pay enough in taxes already.  we're not going to tax ourselves into prosperity.  when it comes to national security, I think its in every presidents best interest to keep us safe.  i'm going to defer to his decision.  that's why you wont hear shit from me with regards to Russia.  I hate when people pretend like they understand everything when we know we're not privy to even half of the information we need to even have an opinion.  that's pretty much my entire belief in politics currently.

im rambling.  i'll stop.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2014, 05:37:43 AM »

look I honestly don't believe they fabricated evidence to go to war with Iraq.  I think that there was an overwhelming fear of Sadaam and what he was actually capable of doing to the US from the early 80's all the way up to 2001.

I believe that we were afraid that we were vulnerable and made a rash decision to solve the problem of Sadaam before it started
.  because if he did have WMD's that was the time where we were particularly vulnerable to a strike by him.  everyone was on board.  everyone agreed.  in my honest opinion, all the accusations and the official reports accusing the Bush administration were all political posturing after the fact.

so now everyone gets to play armchair quarterback and say that they would have done it completely different.

well what the fuck would you or I have done?  in hindsight, we should have done nothing.  we shouldn't have gone to war with anybody.  There was no "Al Qaida Land" to invade.  

but work with me here.  can you imagine the conspiracy theories if GWB had done nothing?  gone to war with no one?  they would skewer him.  I think you would agree with that assessment.

anywhere we invaded, anything we did you could come up with some scenario where we did it for nefarious reasons and the whole war was a fabrication.  so liberal critics have it so easy when it comes to armchair quarterbacking this whole situation.  They can pretty much go anywhere they want with the story without having to prove a god damn thing.  Michael Moore did.  everyone believed that shit.  the funny thing is today you couldn't find anyone who will admit that they believed Moore's accusations.  no one.  but you and I all know that half the country thought that shit was fact.  all he did was play "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon the Terrorist/Politician edition.

that's my problem with people like blacken.  all you have to do in this day and age to destroy a politician is accuse him of something horrible....often.  once you say something enough times the masses just start believing it.  so blacken posts a bunch of links where democratic congressman accuse GWB of anything and everything.  and it takes more than someone's worst enemies making accusations at them to get me on board.  and it should take more than that for anyone.  

I don't participate in the fantastic conspiracy theories where everyone is either a super hero or a villain.  I say what I think.  I don't think Obamacare is good for our health care system or our economy.  I think the wealthy pay enough in taxes already.  we're not going to tax ourselves into prosperity.  when it comes to national security, I think its in every presidents best interest to keep us safe.  i'm going to defer to his decision.  that's why you wont hear shit from me with regards to Russia.  I hate when people pretend like they understand everything when we know we're not privy to even half of the information we need to even have an opinion.  that's pretty much my entire belief in politics currently.

im rambling.  i'll stop.

Anybody who doubts why we went into Iraq, needs to read Rise and Fall of The Third Reich.  The world made a mistake once by letting a country that was thought to be bankrupt, without an army, or any real leadership, have a free hand.  We saw what happened.  Not comparing the two, but you see that a foreign country, when unchecked, and without knowing what secret agreements they have in place, is capable of doing.  IT was no different with Saddam, and he had the fourth largest army in the world.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2014, 06:26:42 AM »

LMFAO

LOL all you want, SC.  I am being honest.  I realize that, how these guys seem when they speak, is hardly meaningful when looked at by itself but combined with what IS known about them, it's worth talking about.  (If you ask me, anyway.)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2014, 06:45:55 AM »

look I honestly don't believe they fabricated evidence to go to war with Iraq.  I think that there was an overwhelming fear of Sadaam and what he was actually capable of doing to the US from the early 80's all the way up to 2001.

I believe that we were afraid that we were vulnerable and made a rash decision to solve the problem of Sadaam before it started.  because if he did have WMD's that was the time where we were particularly vulnerable to a strike by him.  everyone was on board.  everyone agreed.  in my honest opinion, all the accusations and the official reports accusing the Bush administration were all political posturing after the fact.

im rambling.  i'll stop.

Totally reasonable, I think. 

Here's what I suspect: 
I think they (gov't folks of all political stripes who are responsible for foreign policy) really did think Saddam was a potential nuclear threat at one time.  I think all the reasons that some use to explain the motivation for the Bush admin to lie us into war were originally only looked at (by Bush admin) as side benefits.  But, I think, prep for the war was pretty far along when some folks in the Bush admin started to realize that there were likely no nuclear WMD but then, instead of pulling back, it was decided, "fuck it, let's do it anyway - all those side reasons are still valid and Saddam is a legitimately bad guy so if we have to stretch the truth some to get folks to sign on, so be it."  Also, given the mood of the country in general, it wasn't really so hard to get folks to sign on, relatively speaking.  Let's face it, after 9/11 you just knew some middle-eastern country was in grave danger of being bitch-slapped before too long.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »
Totally reasonable, I think. 

Here's what I suspect: 
I think they (gov't folks of all political stripes who are responsible for foreign policy) really did think Saddam was a potential nuclear threat at one time.  I think all the reasons that some use to explain the motivation for the Bush admin to lie us into war were originally only looked at (by Bush admin) as side benefits.  But, I think, prep for the war was pretty far along when some folks in the Bush admin started to realize that there were likely no nuclear WMD but then, instead of pulling back, it was decided, "fuck it, let's do it anyway - all those side reasons are still valid and Saddam is a legitimately bad guy so if we have to stretch the truth some to get folks to sign on, so be it."  Also, given the mood of the country in general, it wasn't really so hard to get folks to sign on, relatively speaking.  Let's face it, after 9/11 you just knew some middle-eastern country was in grave danger of being bitch-slapped before too long.

yup you're about where i am on this.  the less exciting version is usually the true one.  I can't stand fanatical conspiracy theorists where EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING is a tale of cloak and dagger akin to a hollywood movie script.