Author Topic: Help me gain muscle  (Read 11422 times)

Kaban

• Getbig I
Help me gain muscle
« on: March 18, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
Hey guys need some help gaining muscle. I have always been a hard gainer, I'm 6' tall and was 135lb in highschool...I was doing gaining mass program by Anthoni Ellis after HS for about a year and gained some muscle/weight...then I stopped the program

I've been back on the program for 3weeks and not noticing gains.
I am at 160 and cant seem to gain past that (my top was 165 years ago). I am eating tons, 4-5meals a day ~2500-3000 calories total, plenty of protein
My meals might not be entirely healthy, not self cooked fresh stuff.
Workout breakup is 3days, split areas for 7day rest for muscle groups.

I am thinking maybe I am losing fat and actually em gaining mass...anyway, let me know what I can do to speedup mass gain that is not too intense (busy work schedule)

p.s. also I feel very fatigued after workout, granted I used to smoke for years and about 3weeks quit..guess I need to be more patient.

Thanks for tips in advance!

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Re: Help me gain muscle
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
give it a while man it takes time to make a change.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:23:29 AM »
inject steroids  ;)

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
Hey guys need some help gaining muscle. I have always been a hard gainer, I'm 6' tall and was 135lb in highschool...I was doing gaining mass program by Anthoni Ellis after HS for about a year and gained some muscle/weight...then I stopped the program

I've been back on the program for 3weeks and not noticing gains.
I am at 160 and cant seem to gain past that (my top was 165 years ago). I am eating tons, 4-5meals a day ~2500-3000 calories total, plenty of protein
My meals might not be entirely healthy, not self cooked fresh stuff.
Workout breakup is 3days, split areas for 7day rest for muscle groups.

I am thinking maybe I am losing fat and actually em gaining mass...anyway, let me know what I can do to speedup mass gain that is not too intense (busy work schedule)

p.s. also I feel very fatigued after workout, granted I used to smoke for years and about 3weeks quit..guess I need to be more patient.

Thanks for tips in advance!

If you think 2,500-3,000 calories is a lot, you need to read more.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
eat more

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 02:08:33 AM »

yeah and for 6' you're gonna need more...
T

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:14 AM »
Eat lots, train heavy, rest heavy, no cardio.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 08:19:14 AM »
Ectomorphs need high calories.....Ectos are usually rather skinny and have trouble gaining weight....but they usually stay fairly lean while eating a large amount of calories.

Mesomorphs can get away with eating quite a few calories.....Mesos.....h ave the best of both worlds...gain size easily and stay relatively lean....this is the ideal body type for bbing success

Endomorphs really need to watch their calorie intake.....Endos gain size without much of a problem but tend to hang on to bodyfat.

You must be patient....Rome wasn't built in a day!

which body type are you???  This is very important to know before you start your journey to gain size.

Taylor

• Getbig II
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »
How much protein are you taking in ? You need at lest 1 and a half to 2 grams per body pound . Are you doing primary lifts?  You definitely need to eat more .

tbag

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:33 AM »
eat ,and when u cant eat no more put oats ,peanutbutter and whey in a blender a drink

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »

x2 this is not a lot even for your weight, and you're probably actually eating less than that or at least close to the lower end.  Most people who claim to be "hard gainers" are really just under-eating and over-estimating their daily calories.  Your basal metabolic rate alone is probably over 1800 calories and I bet you aren't eating much over 2000 a day.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
Train heavy, push as hard as ou can, don't train for more than an hour, rest auts day between workouts.  Eat at least 150 grams of protein from high quality sources.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »
No matter what u do , nothing gonne happen if your not a teenager. U might get lucky and gain 7-8 pounds lean mass if u haven been training before, rest of the extra weight will just be fat around your waist, depend how old u r.

There is only one thing to do, if u wanne get bigger and more muscular, start using steorids. If u dont, give up your dreams about being muscular.

Maybe you should try another sport where your bodytype is more fitted. Runing, swiming, cycling...

Why u wanne get bigger? For ladies? Or any other reason. Snoop dog is like a stick, and full of self confidence haha, work on your inner stuff, its all in your head.

Try to find other things in life to get a better selfconfidence, job education, poker star...I dont know.

Maybe om all wrong : )

nischal

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »
Eat lots and train regular.i tkink it help gain muscle. :D

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 02:49:27 AM »
x2 this is not a lot even for your weight, and you're probably actually eating less than that or at least close to the lower end.  Most people who claim to be "hard gainers" are really just under-eating and over-estimating their daily calories.  Your basal metabolic rate alone is probably over 1800 calories and I bet you aren't eating much over 2000 a day.
This.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »

This... I eat 4000 daily and that's just to barely maintain :( I easily have to eat over 6000... last real serious bulk i undertook... my second job was literally eating...

Gradually increase by 500...

Wisc1983

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 07:06:08 AM »
160?  and you eat 4000 kcal daily?

you're not training hard enough.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »
lmao im not the op, read back  ;D He eats like barely 2000kcal thats his problem

JoeBelushi88

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 01:37:30 AM »
it depends on how old you are as well, if your in your teens and early twenties your metabolism will be high but as you get older your metabolism will definately slow down and gaining weight won't be as hard. You really need to keep your time in the gym fairly short like 20-30 mins, focus on the big four (bench press, deadlift, squats, pull ups) try not to expend too much energy and overtrain. Eating is the most important thing, but u can afford to add a few cheat meals here and there. There isn't any shortcuts for ectomorphs, and adding muscle is hard but doable.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 06:36:55 AM »
it depends on how old you are as well, if your in your teens and early twenties your metabolism will be high but as you get older your metabolism will definately slow down and gaining weight won't be as hard. You really need to keep your time in the gym fairly short like 20-30 mins, focus on the big four (bench press, deadlift, squats, pull ups) try not to expend too much energy and overtrain. Eating is the most important thing, but u can afford to add a few cheat meals here and there. There isn't any shortcuts for ectomorphs, and adding muscle is hard but doable.
I agree with a short...HARD...abbreviat ed workout. A good read is "Brawn" by Stuart Mcrobert. If you just concentrate on a short routine with max 5 exercises you should make gains. Do not think it looks easy what Joe wrote above because believe me if you work hard on these moves you will be breathing hard...instead of chins i would do Barbell rows.

JoeBelushi88

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
well I think the term hardgainer gets thrown around too often, there aren't hardgainers or bad genetics just bad routines and diets. If you were to tell me if some average guy off the street with average bone structure/shape to compete in a mr olympia in 5 years, than I wouldn't think it is possible at all. Of course, we are talking the best of the best when it comes to that. But I believe anyone can get build an impressive physique with the correct diet and training approach, it's going to be hard and it requires consistency but the old school approach with heavy compound movements with surplus of calories should be the basis for someone that wants to put on quality weight particularly an ectomorph.

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »
Im dissapointed if i only eat 4x a day...2500 calories i eat with no problem.

You ned to eat atleaat 6-8 times a day and fit in about 4000-5000 calories daily.

Ur not a hard gainer,u r not eating enough.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »
if it makes you feel any worse im eating on average around 5000 cals at the moment :) Always gets me comments at the office  ::) Kind of annoying sometimes being told oh wow will you eat all that, etc...

You need to eat to grow........... period...

Why are you still on here, go to the kitchen lol. Speaking of which it's time for my in the middle of the night snacks hahaha

This is the way I think of it... if it takes you more cals to grow ('hard gainer') be thankful that you can enjoy food and eat more than others :) Don't be a slob though. I can get really fat too if I eat sloppy.. but as far as calories are concerned if i eat clean but heavy i get quality gains.

I always tell kids at the gym .. you can't build muscle on sweat... no matter how hard you sweat.