Author Topic: How many languages do you know/speak.  (Read 15254 times)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: How many languages do you know/speak.
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2011, 09:57:05 AM »
Well, it is not that much difficult to learn spanish when you have portuguese as your language, it is harder to learn french. Brazilians have a very strong accent, that is transmited to every language, other than portuguese, that they might learn and speak. Pretty much like the spanish people, they have an horrible english.
and an equally horrible futeball team  ;) ;D

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
Spanish - the language you use to speak to God.

Italian - the language you use to speak to women

German - the language you use to speak to your dog.

Good comment LOL!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2011, 09:07:39 PM »
Chinese (Mandarin of course!) and Spanish.

As for the guy who said that the Japanese grammar is easy....  ::) ::) ::)
How many lessons did you have? Japanese grammar is one of the most difficult in the world, and i am German. Sure the first few weeks are easy because there is no plural, articles, gender or cases.
But then the Japanese language has honorific language, a total different passive and so on and so on....
There aren't also 3 alphabets, clearly speaking there are 3 alphabets (Hiragana, Katakana and Latin) and the Kanji of which you would need about 3000 to be considered of education, 2000 are what Japs learn in School.

If you want to learn a language for the goal and not for the fun of it, go for Chinese or Spanish.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »

How many lessons did you have? Japanese grammar is one of the most difficult in the world, and i am German. Sure the first few weeks are easy because there is no plural, articles, gender or cases.
But then the Japanese language has honorific language, a total different passive and so on and so on....
There aren't also 3 alphabets, clearly speaking there are 3 alphabets (Hiragana, Katakana and Latin) and the Kanji of which you would need about 3000 to be considered of education, 2000 are what Japs learn in School.

If you want to learn a language for the goal and not for the fun of it, go for Chinese or Spanish.

¿Que tan difícil se te hizo aprender español?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2011, 02:49:50 AM »
I want to say something here. Many people say that Spanish and Portuguese are very similar languages and if you speak Spanish then Portuguese will be pretty easy and vice versa. Well, that's NOT true at all. I don't understand not even one word in Portuguese. And I know some Brazilians living >6 years over here and their Spanish sucks really really bad.

It depends... If you are talking about the "real" spanish...you know  The one from Spain. Than its easy.

The rest? Thats not spanish...Sorry. 8)

No ofense.
Gracie Rules

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2011, 02:57:23 AM »

that may be the case, but given the direction of the wind and other hopeful factors, might not need be for japanese anything.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2011, 07:39:49 AM »

It depends... If you are talking about the "real" spanish...you know  The one from Spain. Than its easy.

No ofense.

What the hell are you talking about? ???

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2011, 07:54:14 AM »

No ofense.
lol you euro Spanish are douche bags lol i love it

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »
Your mom's can't speak any language when their mouths are full.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
English, Spaniard Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Dominican Spanish, French, Greek, Arabic and jive.

"1"

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
Your mom's can't speak any language when their mouths are full.
Bravo! x box live down today is it?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »
Bravo! x box live down today is it?

No, I don't play xbox. I just happened to notice that this thread was four pages long and in true Getbig style was missing a mom joke so I threw one in for good measure. It's all good.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
I think everyone will be mandated to learn Chinese since they own all of the debt from other countries. It is only a matter of time before EVERYONE will be speaking Chinese.

Won't ever happen

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
No, I don't play xbox. I just happened to notice that this thread was four pages long and in true Getbig style was missing a mom joke so I threw one in for good measure. It's all good.
good of you to take one for the team  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
I speak the universal language......ie., fucky sucky!!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
¿Que tan difícil se te hizo aprender español?

Depends.

For me, spanish was pretty difficult because i was used to learning Japanese without any genders, plural and so on. Also the different use of past tense and so on was pretty annoying for me.

As i have already some experience with latin, french, english, german, italian the vocabulary was almost no problem.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
I speaka lil bita Spanish...I believe Spanish and Portuguese should be the ones are most important to Americans. Being that a large percentage of our populace speaks Spanish (Hell, we have options on whether to press 1 for Spanish, 2 for English). Doesn't make sense that a lot of Americans cannot communicate with one another... And that we should build relations with the Latin American countries. The Western Hemisphere needs more unity, more cohesion... Also, Brazil is the largest Latin American country (duh)...furthermore...the Latin womens are better than all the others womens---you want to communicates with the good looking womens...

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2011, 12:20:23 AM »

That would be me. I agree with everything you say, but then my dad was half Japanese and half Chinese and I grew up in a martial arts environment and now teach Japanese taiko drumming - so I've kind of been surrounded by the language for awhile. Maybe that made it feel easier to pick up (and I don't speak it well, I know that). But grammatically I still find German the most difficult language I've tried to learn.

And I live in Schwaben. I have no idea what these fuckers are saying half the time.

theonlyone

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2011, 12:41:08 AM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2011, 04:17:38 AM »
That would be me. I agree with everything you say, but then my dad was half Japanese and half Chinese and I grew up in a martial arts environment and now teach Japanese taiko drumming - so I've kind of been surrounded by the language for awhile. Maybe that made it feel easier to pick up (and I don't speak it well, I know that). But grammatically I still find German the most difficult language I've tried to learn.

And I live in Schwaben. I have no idea what these fuckers are saying half the time.

Like i said, i am German, and I don't know what those fuckers in Schwaben are saying.  ;D ;D ;D

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2011, 04:20:36 AM »
Have to agree with DK about japanese. The first ten lessons were super easy but suddenly it goes in a completely different direction; actually, you can really feel the link between language and culture. So i must say I gave it up. I speak French of course, English, Persian and I used to be almost fluent in Italian as i was going there 4/5 times a year. Now, I can barely understand it.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »
you must be really proud of yourself?

theonlyone

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2011, 06:22:13 AM »