Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF 3333 CONTINUES...LAUNCHES LIBYA ATTACK  (Read 24789 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF 3333 CONTINUES...LAUNCHES LIBYA ATTACK
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2011, 07:00:35 AM »
The three dead kids dont you dope.

________________________ ________________________ ______-

Libya: Nato 'killed 15 civilians' in Sorman air strike
 Source: BBC

Libyan officials say 15 civilians - including three children - were killed in a Nato attack on a building west of the capital, Tripoli.

A BBC correspondent taken by the Libyan government to see a compound in the suburb of Sorman says the building has been pulverised.

Nato says it is looking into the Libyan allegations.

On Sunday, Nato said a weapons failure may have led to civilian casualties in an earlier air strike on Tripoli.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13843798

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
So well-respected Gergen says he's in his last days. Andreisadouche, how about you delete your account if Gadhafi isn't gone by Wednesday? That would be almost a week. After-all, Gergen knows everything.

Andreisapussy ignoring this post.  :)

In the non-liberal retard world, "days, not weeks" =/= 100+ days.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »
Andreisapussy ignoring this post.  :)

In the non-liberal retard world, "days, not weeks" =/= 100+ days.

sigh,,I did respond to your stupid post..you missed it.....like you usually miss the point of anything..see below my response

I know you would like for me to delete my account...this way there would be no one here to call you out on your stupidity and nonsense.....

how did the GED test go???..did you fail again?

you ignored my post if anything....so..I'll ask again..how did the GED test go?..you fail again???

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »
sigh,,I did respond to your stupid post..you missed it.....like you usually miss the point of anything..see below my response

I know you would like for me to delete my account...this way there would be no one here to call you out on your stupidity and nonsense.....

how did the GED test go???..did you fail again?

you ignored my post if anything....so..I'll ask again..how did the GED test go?..you fail again???

Aren't you 50 and still taking classes? Methinks you shouldn't be attacking anyone's intelligence, slick.  :)

Keep...typing...like.... this....as....it....real ly....shows....how....in telligent.....you.....ar e.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »
lack of jobs and the inability of men to support their families and children lead many to simply leave....by leaving, at least their wives and children can get on Welfare....men simply make this sacrifice in order for their children to eat....welfare programs ARE HOSTILE TO THE IDEA OF SUPPORTING MEN.....but welfare should consider doing this if it will keep the family intact

lack of jobs and the inability of men to support their families and children lead many to simply leave....by leaving, at least their wives and children can get on Welfare....men simply make this sacrifice in order for their children to eat....welfare programs ARE HOSTILE TO THE IDEA OF SUPPORTING MEN.....but welfare should consider doing this if it will keep the family intact

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
Aren't you 50 and still taking classes? Methinks you shouldn't be attacking anyone's intelligence, slick.  :)

Keep...typing...like.... this....as....it....real ly....shows....how....in telligent.....you.....ar e.

again what a dummy you are...its simply my GetBig writing style....a lot of people on here write a certain way..you will also see that I usually don't start my sentences with a capital either..just a style I adopted to bang out posts quickly..you are really hitting the bottom of the barrel...you obviously have nothing to do

I guess you did fail the test :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
15 dead civilians.    Fail.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »
House rejects measure to continue US role in Libya
By DONNA CASSATA, Associated Press Donna Cassata, Associated Press – 16 mins ago
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110624/ap_on_go_co/us_us_libya

WASHINGTON – The House has voted down a measure giving President Barack Obama the authority to continue the U.S. military action against Libya.

The vote was 295-123 on Friday. The congressional action has no immediate effect on American involvement but represents a repudiation of the commander in chief.

The vote marks the first time since 1999 that either House has voted against a military operation. The last time was over President Bill Clinton's authority in the Bosnian war.

House Republican leaders pushed for the vote, with rank-and-file members saying the president broke the law by failing to seek congressional approval for the 3-month-old war. Some Democrats accused the GOP of playing politics with national security.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

Challenging President Barack Obama's authority as commander in chief, the House pushed toward votes Friday on the U.S. military involvement in Libya, weighing competing measures to continue the operation or cut off funds for military attacks.

"We have drifted into an apparently open-ended commitment with goals vaguely defined," said Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., the chairwoman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, as Democrats and Republicans criticized the mission and Obama's treatment of Congress.

"What? We don't have enough wars going on," Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio., asked mockingly. "We need one more war. We have to wage war against another nation that didn't attack us."

The House was scheduled to vote on dueling legislation: a resolution giving Obama limited authority to continue the American involvement in the NATO-led operation against Moammar Gadhafi's forces and a bill to cut off funds for U.S. military attacks there.

The resolution mirrors a Senate measure sponsored by Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., and John McCain, R-Ariz., that Obama has indicated he would welcome. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will consider the resolution on Tuesday.

The bill to cut off funds would make an exception for search and rescue efforts, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, aerial refueling and operational planning to continue the NATO effort in Libya. It has no chance in the Democratic-controlled Senate.

"The president has ignored the Constitution and the War Powers Resolution, but he cannot ignore a lack of funding," said Rep. Tom Rooney, R-Fla., sponsor of the bill. "Only Congress has the power to declare war and the power of the purse, and my bill exercises both of those powers by blocking funds for the war in Libya unless the president receives congressional authorization."

House Republicans and Democrats are furious with Obama for failing to seek congressional authorization for the 3-month-old war against Gadhafi, as required under the War Powers Resolution. The 1973 law, often ignored by Republican and Democratic presidents, says the commander in chief must seek congressional consent for military actions within 60 days. That deadline has long passed.

Obama stirred congressional unrest last week when he told lawmakers he didn't need authorization because the operation was not full-blown hostilities. NATO commands the Libya operation, but the United States still plays a significant support role that includes aerial refueling of warplanes and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance work as well as drone attacks and bombings.

A New York Times report that said Obama overruled some of his legal advisers further incensed members of Congress.

In a repudiation of the president, a coalition of anti-war Democrats and tea party-backed Republicans was expected to defeat the resolution that would give Obama authority for the operation. The fate of the legislation to cut off funds was uncertain.

In a last-ditch effort Thursday, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton met with rank-and-file Democrats to explain the mission and discuss the implications if the House votes to cut off funds. The administration requested the closed-door meeting.

Rep. Tim Walz, D-Minn., said Clinton apologized for not coming to Congress earlier. But he said she warned about the implications of a House vote to cut off money.

"The secretary expressed her deep concern that you're probably not on the right track when Gadhafi supports your efforts," Walz said.

Rep. Howard Berman of California, the top Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said such a vote "ensures the failure of the whole mission."

Earlier this week Clinton said lawmakers were free to raise questions, but she asked, "Are you on Gadhafi's side, or are you on the side on the aspirations of the Libyan people and the international coalition that has been bringing them support?"

In the Senate, backers of a resolution to authorize the operation wondered whether the administration had waited too long to address the concerns of House members.

"It's way late," said McCain, the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee. "This is one of the reasons why they're having this veritable uprising in the House, because of a lack of communication. And then the icing on the cake was probably for them when he (Obama) said that we're not engaged in hostilities. That obviously is foolishness."

He added, however, "That is not a reason to pass a resolution that would encourage Moammar Gadhafi to stay in power."

Earlier this month, the House voted 268-145 to rebuke Obama for failing to provide a "compelling rationale" for the Libyan mission and for launching U.S. military forces without congressional approval.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
FAIL! 

Days  . . . . not weeks . . or months . . . or years  . . .

LMFAO! 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »
Notice how Obama's nuthuggers are presently avoiding this thread.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2011, 05:11:57 PM »
Notice how Obama's nuthuggers are presently avoiding this thread.

sigh....another GED candidate ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »
sigh....another GED candidate ::)

Andre - do you agree Obama screwed this up. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »

Wait let me guess the POTUS has no control over kinetic military actions
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »

sigh..how could he screw this up?>.I don't get it.....???..military actions don't always go the way you want them to....Ghadafi will be gone soon....he is not in countrol of the country any more

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #239 on: August 04, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
sigh..how could he screw this up?>.I don't get it.....???..military actions don't always go the way you want them to....Ghadafi will be gone soon....he is not in countrol of the country any more

He's not? Why because we recognized Al Queda I mean the rebels as the legit government? That will teach Gadhafi
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: August 04, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »

Lmao! 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Six months later and you're still claiming he'll be gone "soon". Jesus, how much Obama could one guy possibly suck? Come up for air sometime as Obama gagging you is clearly cutting off enough oxygen to compromise your already scant mental capabilities.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Six months later and you're still claiming he'll be gone "soon". Jesus, how much Obama could one guy possibly suck? Come up for air sometime as Obama gagging you is clearly cutting off enough oxygen to compromise your already scant mental capabilities.

sigh...you are incapable of doing anything but criticize, fuckface....why don't you ever come on here with an idea?.....that would be nice for a change..many times I have asked you for your own solution and you ignore the question.,..just go on with your dumb stupid rants...good thing there are no political questions on your upcoming second try at the GED test

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »
Has Ghadaffi been deposed yet, or not. What was the point of the Libyan adventure, again? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2011, 05:22:31 PM »

Are you serious?

Did you see where Libya made a treaty with Israel? If they help keep him in, then he will give them sole rights to the oil in Libya.

Now... Do you think the US will back Israel if they do this? I'm sure they will... so effectively Gaddafi has made a deal with the US via proxy.

So no matter what happens, the US backs him.

Sorry, but this is just a waste of money... Gaddafi stays.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Kadhafi forces report gains, launch offensive
Yahoo News ^ | 8/7/11 | Andrew Beatty
Posted on August 7, 2011 1:09:22 PM EDT by Nachum

Rebels in the western Libyan town of Zliten were said to be low on ammunition and on the defensive on Sunday, as the regime said its forces had retaken the strategic southwest town of Bir Ghanam.

Abdul Wahab Melitan, a rebel spokesman in the port city of Misrata near Zliten, said forces loyal to strongman Moamer Kadhafi had launched an assault on rebel positions in Zliten's Souk Telat area, killing three and wounding 15.

"The rebels lack ammunition to advance and we do not want to risk losing any ground," Melitan said.

Meanwhile, a rebel source at Al-Qusbat, around 90 kilometres (55 miles) east of the capital Tripoli, said that town was living through its fourth day under siege.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Days not weeks. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

Days not weeks. 

Months?

Soon it's going to be years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
Libyan rebels strike key oil pipeline
The Telegraph ^ | 9:00PM BST 07 Aug 2011 | Damien McElroy, Tripoli

Libyan rebels have inflicted a devastating blow on Col Muammar Gaddafi’s Tripoli stronghold with a strike on a key oil pipeline that has triggered widespread electricity blackouts in the capital.

Advances by rebel forces in the west and east of Libya in recent days threaten to encircle the regime. Rebels claimed to have taken Bir Ghaneim, a fiercely contested town that is the gateway to the coastal road to Tunisia, and a Qatari shipment of arms on Saturday bolstered their advance on Zlitan in the east.

The severe disruption of electricity in Tripoli as a result of an attack at the end of July has enraged residents at the most sensitive time of the calendar. Festivities to celebrate the Muslim month of Ramadan were launched last week amid temperatures of 40C.

Khaled Kaim, the deputy foreign minister, said rebel forces had sabotaged a section of a pipeline carrying fuel supplies to the regime’s only electricity plant, knocking out one section and interrupting the flow through a second pipe. As a result there would be permanent damage to the regime’s generating capacity.

“The rebels turned off a valve and poured cement over it,” he said. “It took two days to clear the mess but even then there are disruptions. These attacks are aimed at starving and displacing the Libyan people and causing a humanitarian crisis.”

Blackouts are in force across Tripoli and residents breached the culture of fear to denounce the shortages.

(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:56 AM »
....Kadhafi forces report gains, launch offensive
By Andrew Beatty | AFP – Sun, Aug 7, 2011

________________________ ________________________ __

...Libyan rebels come under fire at an intersection beyond Bir Ghanam during fighting …

..Libyans inspect the damage at a factory targeted by NATO air strikes in Bir Ghanam …
....Rebels in the western Libyan town of Zliten were said to be low on ammunition and on the defensive on Sunday, as the regime said its forces had retaken the strategic southwest town of Bir Ghanam.

Abdul Wahab Melitan, a rebel spokesman in the port city of Misrata near Zliten, said forces loyal to strongman Moamer Kadhafi had launched an assault on rebel positions in Zliten's Souk Telat area, killing three and wounding 15.

"The rebels lack ammunition to advance and we do not want to risk losing any ground," Melitan said.

Meanwhile, a rebel source at Al-Qusbat, around 90 kilometres (55 miles) east of the capital Tripoli, said that town was living through its fourth day under siege.

A group of rebels on Thursday overran Kadhafi forces based in one of the town's schools, but since then the rebels have been battling to hold on to their gains.

Raed Hussein, an envoy from Al-Qusbat's military council, said he expected more Kadhafi troops to be sent from nearby Al-Khums to bolster the siege.

In Tripoli, Prime Minister Baghdadi Mahmudi told reporters that government troops had recaptured the strategic town of Bir Ghanam, southwest of the capital, from insurgents.

"Life is back to normal in Bir Ghanam, and today it is under the full control of the regime," Mahmudi said.

Rebels from the Berber-dominated Nafusa mountain range south of Tripoli claimed the capture of Bir Ghanam just 80 kilometres from the capital on Saturday, as they pushed further east.

An AFP correspondent on the scene said rebels began a two-pronged assault from Bir Ayad earlier that day, and by late afternoon, rebel commanders said Bir Ghanam had been seized.

The rebels have been using the Nafusa as a springboard to advance on Tripoli but have encountered strong resistance from fighters loyal to Kadhafi.

Mahmudi also condemned the intensification of NATO raids on Tripoli and other cities, claiming that the alliance no longer "differentiates between civilian and military sites."

NATO said its warplanes attacked 45 targets across Libya on Saturday, including an ammunition storage facility and a multiple rocket launcher system in the Bir Ghanam area.

Mahmudi criticised the National Transitional Council (NTC), the rebels' de facto government, and the security situation in the rebel-controlled east, especially after last month's assassination of General Abdel Fatah Yunis, a long-time Kadhafi ally before he defected.

The premier claimed that the "decision-making and the real forces in the field are in the hands of Islamist extremist groups."

Since the beginning of the revolt, the Kadhafi regime has portrayed the five-month-old uprising as an Al-Qaeda plot.

Mahmudi also claimed that most NTC members had left the country, saying: "I defy the NTC to meet even once during Ramadan," the Muslim month of fasting.

On Saturday, hundreds of rebel fighters also forked off towards the sea, advancing within 20 kilometres of Surman on the coast road west of Tripoli before meeting any resistance, an AFP correspondent said.

Their path northward was veiled in black smoke and strewn with burned-out Libyan army vehicles, some with the bodies of soldiers inside, he said.

But forces loyal to the veteran Libyan strongman fought back, laying down fire in a bid to halt the rebels' advance.

Many of the rebels were from the "Tripoli Battalion," a group of volunteers from the capital and other coastal towns eager to "liberate" their homes in the five-month-old revolt.

The battalion is said to have received military training in the Nafusa mountains.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2011, 06:25:35 AM »
Libyan Rebels Dissolve Cabinet Amid Discord
By KAREEM FAHIM

BENGHAZI, Libya — Rebel leaders dissolved their own cabinet on Monday, in an effort to placate the family of an assassinated rebel military leader and quiet discord in a movement already struggling to remove the country’s leader, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, from power.

A rebel spokesman said that the prime minister, Mahmoud Jibril, the only member of the cabinet who kept his job, would have to present a new slate of cabinet members to the rebel legislative body, the Transitional National Council, for approval in the coming days. The cabinet was dissolved, the spokesman said, “for improper administrative procedures” that led to the arrest and subsequent killing of the military leader, Gen. Abdul Fattah Younes, a former top Libyan commander who defected to the rebel side.

The move left the rebels without several of its leaders — including the ministers of defense, finance, interior and justice — as they try to fight a three-front war, run dozens of cities under their control and rein in armed militias that have multiplied since the February uprising.

And it threatened to halt a flurry of negotiations between the rebels and foreign governments, just as the rebels have started to wrest millions of dollars in loans and other grants from their allies.

Mazin Ramadan, a member of the finance committee, said that he believed the changes were supposed to take effect on Thursday and that he planned on continuing his work: “The interruption is not good. But this is not something we are going to worry about. This is not going to stop us.”

The reshuffling also seemed to represent an effort by interest groups within the rebel movement, including homegrown leaders who helped start the uprising, to assert their power by sidelining leaders who had returned from exile and held key posts.

For months, there had been complaints that cabinet members were unknown to most Libyans, spending most of their time abroad — especially in Qatar, the country that has emerged as the rebels’ most enthusiastic patron.

A rebel spokesman said that Mr. Jibril, who has rarely been seen in Benghazi, would be required to start spending more time in Libya.

The killing of General Younes had raised fears of internal strife, after members of his tribe, the Obeidi, said they would turn to violence unless there was a proper investigation. His family cautiously welcomed Monday’s reshuffling but demanded more action. “We only care about justice,” the family said in a statement that was also signed by the Obeidi. “We don’t seek power. We insist on bringing those involved with the assassination, regardless of their ranks or titles, to be prosecuted by a fair, civilized judicial system.”

General Younes was killed more than a week ago in murky circumstances. His family’s outrage has been focused on events that preceded the killing, when the general was summoned to Benghazi to be questioned by leaders, including Ali al-Essawi, Mr. Jibril’s deputy, according to General Younes’s family.

Rebel leaders have delivered mixed messages about the motive for the killing. Mustafa Abdel-Jalil, the head of the rebel council, called the assassination a “conspiracy” by the Qaddafi government. But others have said the general was killed by rebels seeking revenge for his role in the brutal suppression of an Islamist insurrection in the eastern city of Darnah in the mid-1990s.

Before he joined the rebels, General Younes served as the head of the Libyan special forces and the interior minister.

In recent months, Islamists have been suspected in the killings of other former Qaddafi officials. Despite pledges by the rebels to fully investigate, the shootings of at least three former Qaddafi internal security officers several months ago remain unsolved.

www.nytimes.com