Author Topic: did dorian yates prove hit dominates?  (Read 5660 times)

sandestin

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
did dorian yates prove hit dominates?
« on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:45 AM »
or?

sandestin

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
dorian sounds liek c00l guy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:36:27 AM »

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: did dorian yates prove hit dominates?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »
No. He just made it look attractive.

He ended up getting hurt so many times it was laughable.

Mike Mentzer snorted crank and started ranting about logic, inverse ratios and Ayn Rand's "objectivism" to prove his point. He said there was only one "means to an end"

At the same time, there are also a million ways to New York from California, or "many ways to skin a cat"

There are many books available on the Scientific approach to bodybuilding sans the "dogma"-- that doesn't mean that HIT doesnt work, its just that its so fucking easy to get hurt and bored when you are ultimately doing one set to complete total disastrous fucking failure.

If you took a guy that had basically been doing your typical "Arnold" type reps, sets and weights and then through him into a HIT routine, the guy would be sore enough after to believe that it worked, but most guys who want to use "logic" with HIT, make their own concoction. They hybrid the workout to combine more work out sets along with more negative work, but never to where you totally fail on the negative portion of the rep, which, by the way, is dangerous as fuck without an intelligent spotter.

Failing on a positive rep is cool, that's where "cheating" steps in.

Failing on an isometric/static rep is cool, you just can't hold the weight anymore

Failing completely on the lowering portion of a rep is where you have completely toasted all reserves and made huge inroads into recovery. You can also drop the weight. You don't recover until your Central Nervous System has recovered.

There are ways to use HIT that can work for you, but not in the biblical translation. I believe working throughout each portion of the rep according to the strength curve is an intelligent move, but you have to have an intelligent spotter  or some kind of variable resistance equipment like Kaiser makes.

Have fun. Give it a try. Make up your own mind.

Xerxes

Re: dorian sounds liek c00l guy
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:14 AM »

Was that so hard?  ::)

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:21 AM »
maybe he's in mass season and can't waste extra energy by clicking/typing a little more  ;)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:06:12 AM »
dorian still looks great

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:14:55 AM »
interesting to hear him talk about training too. your average twinkie intructor will come up with fancy difficult scientific language into describing training and all that and the man that really knows everything about building muscle tells it so simple and doesnt make it sound like its rocket science. great

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 04:29:30 AM »
interesting to hear him talk about training too. your average twinkie intructor will come up with fancy difficult scientific language into describing training and all that and the man that really knows everything about building muscle tells it so simple and doesnt make it sound like its rocket science. great
X2.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 05:03:35 AM »
he has always done a great job announcing at shows,he was a commentator at the ar nold,when it was on ppv a few years back,and he done an excellent job,sounded knowledgeable and experienced and had a nononsense approach.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 05:23:29 AM »
Agree on almost everything. But the monthly goal is bullshit. Everybody who have been lifting serious for some years know that increasing their personal best is damn hard without gain weight or start using steroids. Its like telling a high jumper, just increase 1cm /month and u will be world champion in 2 years. It don't work like that. Or telling Bolt, just lower your time with 0,01 second every run....

Making personal record are depending of a lot of factors, like motivation, nutrition, injuries, feelings, social life, job, weather, and 100 of different activities in your body etc etc...and when everything is optimal, u do that record.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 05:27:24 AM »
one of the few thinking bodybuilders.

most bodybuilders are retards. hell most bodybuilders even needs someone to tell them what to eat and how to train 24/7 lol

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 05:37:18 AM »
Yep cool as always
one of my favorite bodybuilders too

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:39 AM »
no THIS sounds cool...

"border potrol scannin the horizons
Jose Rodrigues got his eyes on the prize my friend
hes mad cause hes an illigetimate citizen
bobby meet them all up there slum house down town
mexico city , yeah it was real shitty
yeah was real shitty in mexico city
he beat up a bad boy with a lead pipe
beat him over the head
BEAT HIM OVER THE HEAD!!!!"
A

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 05:57:45 AM »

Masterful insight.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 06:11:31 AM »

But he does sound like a rocket scientist compared to Ronnie.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 07:24:56 AM »
He is the last mr. O with an IQ within normal range.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 07:45:40 AM »
His pupil wearing combat boots in the gym, not much more douchier than that
U

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »
His pupil wearing combat boots in the gym, not much more douchier than that
I believe thats a guy from BB.com training with Dorian for the vids.
Definatley epic douche material.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
The secret is there are really no secrets.  Dorian uses a variation on the theme of H.I.T.  Basically Arthur Jones was spot on but you have to allow for the differences that make up each individual person.  Yates is no dummy and knows this. He has taken that which he learned from Mentzer which in turn came from Jones and refined it for his physique and again, on an individual basis, those he trains.

The only "real" secret to bodybuilding "success" (if we can really call it that) was revealed a long time ago - Drugs.   So like I said, there really are no secrets. 

And Dorian makes Coleman look like a poster boy for the extra chromosome set.  I know, I know...A rock would look and "sound" intelligent next to Ronnie Coleslaw, but Dorian comes off as fairly articulate and more than knowledgeable about this subject.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 01:38:12 PM »
The secret is there are really no secrets.  Dorian uses a variation on the theme of H.I.T.  Basically Arthur Jones was spot on but you have to allow for the differences that make up each individual person.  Yates is no dummy and knows this. He has taken that which he learned from Mentzer which in turn came from Jones and refined it for his physique and again, on an individual basis, those he trains.

x2.

I also do a personalized version of HIT. I like it..its the only training that has allowed me to get stronger.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »
everybody does some version of HIT whether by design or by accident.

HIT is taking the approach to logical conclusion.

Reeves has got it right.

Essentially hard training, with the right amount of stress and rest builds muscle. When you train really hard, you need more rest, or less volume for the same rest..more or less.

and vice versa.

what we know though is neurologically this isnt possible to keep up over time so it (the application of pure HIT) either needs to be reduced somewhat or cycled.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
He is the last mr. O with an IQ within normal range.
Yes, he's a intelligent, down to earth, approachable man who's motivated to share his experience on a no-bull manner. How many current or formal pros are like that?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »

...what we know though is neurologically this isnt possible to keep up over time so it (the application of pure HIT) either needs to be reduced somewhat or cycled.

I especially agree with your last statement quoted above and appreciate you having stated it so well.  Well said indeed!   When I feel totally drained by HIT I take a few extra days off and when I resume training I then do a few sessions of lighter weight volume training.  I know it sounds odd, but doing so actually feels as though it rejuvenates my body.  I am a great admirer of Yates, Mentzer and of course Jones. 

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »
I especially agree with your last statement quoted above and appreciate you having stated it so well.  Well said indeed!   When I feel totally drained by HIT I take a few extra days off and when I resume training I then do a few sessions of lighter weight volume training.  I know it sounds odd, but doing so actually feels as though it rejuvenates my body.  I am a great admirer of Yates, Mentzer and of course Jones. 

Sounds actually fine. From my own experience, that's the best (and very natural) way to go. Still my two cents though.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »
Too bad that all of the books that expoused HIT training and how logically and perfectly correct it was didn't bother to list the perfect combination and ammounts of drugs to use during the training protocol.

The two go "hand-in-hand" do they not?

It's stupid and pointless to discuss any form of "bodybuilding" without discussing another very predominantly important component: Drugs, steroids, juice, aas, HGH, whatever you wanna call it.

No training protocol stands out as phenomenal or spectacular without the component of those enigmatic never-spoken-about "enhancers"

Very ironic, one would wasts so much time in discussion on every facet, except for the most important. WTF?

Yeah, "just keep at it.." what a crock of dog and horse shit piled together. Natties are nearly a waste of space, except maybe in Victorias Secret.