Author Topic: Pres. Obama promised and he delivered .....  (Read 11420 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Pres. Obama promised and he delivered .....
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
Not speaking in favor or against Obama but are you guys aware that printing money is pretty much the last option the fed's got at this point? Your economy(and the worlds) should have crashed many years ago, the current financial system is simply living on borrowed time.

If they don't print money, the economy as you know it will collapse. If they keep on printing money it will ruin the dollar and again the economy will collapse. There's no good pain-free way out of this mess. You guys are basically fucked, Obama or not.
from incomplete data

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Hope and Change was an inside joke.

It means all you are left with is Hope, nothing real.

And Change, as in the total value of your dollar and possessions.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
I'm not big on politics, but Barack Obama has clearly proven to be a huge letdown.

I'm a Democrat.  I voted for Barack based on his promise for change.  He sold us a great dream.  He walked the walk, talked the talk, paused in between sentences very well and even smiled in such a way that conveyed trust.

He promised, we believed, he ran away with our hopes and dreams..

Why can't we have another man like this?

Why Obama, why?
"1"

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
You mean Obama or Tbombz?
Osama, but Tbobmz would also suffice ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »
Not speaking in favor or against Obama but are you guys aware that printing money is pretty much the last option the fed's got at this point? Your economy(and the worlds) should have crashed many years ago, the current financial system is simply living on borrowed time.

If they don't print money, the economy as you know it will collapse. If they keep on printing money it will ruin the dollar and again the economy will collapse. There's no good pain-free way out of this mess. You guys are basically fucked, Obama or not.
Agree.... Greenspan is the guy who has fucked it up for you... Interest rates were dropped too low for too long and you binged on the credit.

Should of just had a longer recession in 2002 and you would be laughing now.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »
I'm not big on politics, but Barack Obama has clearly proven to be a huge letdown.

I'm a Democrat.  I voted for Barack based on his promise for change.  He sold us a great dream.  He walked the walk, talked the talk, paused in between sentences very well and even smiled in such a way that conveyed trust.

He promised, we believed, he ran away with our hopes and dreams..

Why can't we have another man like this?

Why Obama, why?
"1"

It's your fault for taking the bait.
If you were black I could hardly blame you as 90% of blacks don't think logically, they will always side with the candidate of their own race.

But I posted this back when Osama was elected: there were 3 types of white people who voted for Osama.
1) Those suffering from white guilt
2) Those who embraced post modernism
3) Those who simply had "Bush hate"

No true logical person, even a slight /moderate democratic with a solid head on their shoulders could ever vote for lazy communist muslim who wasn't even born a US citizen with NO executive experience.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »
The Fed owns this crisis. The buck stops there -- but it didn't.

Too many dollars were churned out, year after year, for the economy to absorb; more credit was created than could be fruitfully utilized. Some of it went into subprime mortgages, yes, but the monetary excess that fueled the most threatening "systemic risk" bubble went into highly speculative financial derivatives that rode atop packaged, mortgage-backed securities until they dropped from exhaustion.

The whole point of having a central bank is to calibrate the money supply to the genuine needs of an economy -- to purchase goods and services, to fund productive investment -- with the aim of achieving maximum sustainable long-term growth. Since price stability is a key factor toward that end, central bankers attempt to finesse the amount of money and credit in the system; if interest rates are kept too low too long, it causes an unwarranted expansion of credit. As the money supply increases relative to real economic production, the spillage of excess purchasing power results in higher prices for goods and services.

But not always. Sometimes the monetary excess finds its way into a narrow sector of the economy -- such as real estate, or equities, or rare art. This time it was the financial derivatives market.

The derivatives market exploded as a global haven for speculative investment, its aggregate notional value rising more than fivefold to $684 trillion in 2008 from $127 trillion in 2002. Financial obligations amounting to 12 times the value of the entire world's gross domestic product were written and traded and retraded among financial institutions -- playing off every instance of market turbulence, every gyration in exchange rates, every nuanced statement uttered by a central banker in Washington or Frankfurt -- like so many tulip contracts.

The sheer enormity of this speculative bubble, let alone the speed at which it inflated, testifies to inordinately loose monetary policy from the Fed, keeper of the world's predominant currency.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
If you were black I could hardly blame you as 90% of blacks don't think logically, they will always side with the candidate of their own race.

But I posted this back when Osama was elected: there were 3 types of white people who voted for Osama.

No true logical person, even a slight /moderate democratic with a solid head on their shoulders could ever vote for lazy communist muslim who wasn't even born a US citizen with NO executive experience.

Because clearly McCain was such a better choice, we were obviously blindsided..

::)

"1"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 01:57:30 PM »

Race comment and cliche insults aside, define 'post modernism' for me, please.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
Race comment and cliche insults aside, define 'post modernism' for me, please.

Good catch..  ;)

"1"

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »

What did you embrace, devon? the classicism of Palin?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »

8) 8)
Well, that's emotion clouding any reason. At least, I hope it is.  ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 02:09:02 PM »

8) 8)

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA ... thats too funny

EPIC FAIL

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »
Well, that's emotion clouding any reason. At least, I hope it is.  ;D

No sir. That is what "Some people" thought was going to happen.  :-\ :-\ The sad thing is, Obama will get Four more years. Obama is a good public speaker and that is it.
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »
NBA basketball has been very profitable lately along with KFC Franchises.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
No sir. That is what "Some people" thought was going to happen.  :-\ :-\ The sad thing is, Obama will get Four more years. Obama is a good public speaker and that is it.
Well, there are idiots everywhere.

At this point, I think Obama will get another term:

a) The Republicans really haven't put forward any candidates. Can you remember an election run-up when a party has left their slate unfilled this late!? The election is 2012!!!
b) Palin won't run, but she and her TeaBaggers will drag the Conservatives too far to the right.
c) The Conservatives are fucking with women's reproductive rights. That's a huge no-no.
d) Obama is politically a pragmatic moderate. He's also pretty savvy.
e) The Dems have a huge war chest ready to go, and a super on-the-ground organization ready to be mobilized.    

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »
we can only leave iraq if we can do so knowing that we wont have to return again in the near future..   whether for humanitarian reasons or seeking out terrorists/extremists..

You took the blue pill. Sleep tight.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:17 PM »

Out of the two evils provided to pick from, Obama was the least evil of the two.  Besides, the thought of Palin somehow taking the office due to McCain's sudden death was a little disturbing.  Add to the fact that picking Palin as a vice presidential candidate was the worst possible decision that team ever made and I'll say that Obama/Biden was the best of the two evils at hand.

That is a very racist remark Devon.  Aren't you a Negro yourself?  If so, that is one of the worst, self-hating comments you can have towards your own people.  Taking it back to the Uncle Tom days..

Again, based on the two candidates available to vote for, the Obama/Biden team seemed more promising.

Really man, stop eating up bullshit from the right wing media and teabaggers and instead base your conclusions on facts.

"1"

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:41 PM »
You took the blue pill. Sleep tight.

tdizzle is going to go on his whole life as a sheep.. ;D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »

a) The Republicans really haven't put forward any candidates. Can you remember an election run-up when a party has left their slate unfilled this late!? The election is 2012!!!
b) Palin won't run, but she and her TeaBaggers will drag the Conservatives too far to the right.
c) The Conservatives are fucking with women's reproductive rights. That's a huge no-no.
e) The Dems have a huge war chest ready to go, and a super on-the-ground organization ready to be mobilized.    

You wanna run for President?  :D :D
D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »

d) Obama is politically a pragmatic moderate. He's also pretty savvy.e) The Dems have a huge war chest ready to go, and a super on-the-ground organization ready to be mobilized.    

Obama has been conservative for more than half on his entire term.  The man has done more for the Republicans during this term than Bush did during his 8 years.

Supposedly, the ongoing joke in Washington is that the conservatives call him "their boy"..

"1"

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »
We need a JFK type of leader...

However, i don't think here are any out there. :'(

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 02:25:26 PM »

yeeeah...Obamacare is pragmatic moderation....  ::)

carpe` vaginum!